Pope calls for palestinian state...

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Challenger78, May 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are atheist Jews still practising Judaism? And isn't the rule based on the mother being Jewish? Since when is the grandfathers religion a factor?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Have you never taken the SAT? typically speaking it considers you to be Jewish(not anymore though)/Mexican, Asian, African American...etc. So long as you are 1/4 of that group.

And its not just Judaism its a rule that applies nearly everywhere.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not. If your grandfather is Christian/Muslim but you call yourself an atheist, you're an atheist, not a Christian or a Muslim. If your grandfather is Caucasian but your father is not, you would be Obama ie not Caucasian. Obama's maternal grandmother is Jewish, his mother and father were atheist and he is Christian.

If you're talking ethnicity then we're back to European Ashkenazi who have lived 2000 years in the west vs ethnic Jews who converted to some other religion.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

If you have a problem with it whine to the guys that make the SAT. Not me.

8. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

May I ask what makes you say that? because by any definition I can think of gaza is not sovereign

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

A first person account from Gaza:

First Day:

Its a day by day account, for anyone who is interested

10. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

SAM disagrees, also some jews remained jewish and there always was a Jewish presence in palatine since Moses savagely took over. The maps clearly show Judaea was thee too. More importantly what value is a land if the people keep changing, its like saying that America has always been there so the US should hold claim to it, which is retarded because the US has only been there ~300 years and before that the natives.

Lucysnow,

I was not arguing israel should get the land back just because they were there 2000 years ago. So you just wasted a whole post jerking out copy and paste for no good reason other then to relieve your sexual tension.

DiamondHearts,

By the same logic Palestinians don't know they are killing other Palestinians.

11. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

They have their own government. Hamas?

A screwed up government maybe, but it still counts.

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Sexual tension? I guess I'm to supposed to think you jack off your jizm in this thread for lack of a sex life.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Or maybe the that flaccid scab hanging off you is what has you so hostile.

13. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Wow,

the first thing I accepted when joining this scientific forum was the fact that you guys have the suckiest insults known to man. Seriously, get some real insults.

14. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

He loves to provoke when he cannot argue. But maybe you would prefer this response:

"What is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor. This is whole Torah; all the rest is commentary. Go and learn it." Hillel, Talmud, Shabbat 31a.

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

yeah a government that isn't allowed to control its own borders and control its revenue. Thats not being sovereign that being a puppet. Just because it has a government doesn't make it sovereign

16. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Oh my sex life is varied I just jerk off to anything for the fun of it

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  17. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

It can control it's own borders and revunue whenever it likes.

But it pissed off the people that gave them the land, so now they are blockaded. Once Hamas apologizes and says they wont ever do that again, Israel will leave.

I can garuntee you that fact 100%

18. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Heh, I may be Jewish, but that does not mean i follow the torah word for word. Neither do most Jews.

We take it as guidance.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its their land. You can't give them their own land. Thats like a thief stealing all your money and "giving" back 2% of it to you. And expecting you to be grateful for this "favor".

20. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

We'll take the two percent back if you like

21. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

Ah, so youd rather just be a thief then

22. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

This reminds me of a story I heard.

A Jewish man lived and owned his own bakery in Poland 1930's

The Holocaust came around and the man and his friends and family were removed at gunpoint from their homes, loaded 80 people onto cattle cars. Went into concentration camps. Managed to survive 5 years of gas chambers, Nazis, typhus, and poor nutrition. And when he came back to what had been his families bakery for many years, a Polish man was living in his bakery, punched him in the face and killed him.

Only difference with the above and Israel is that Israel did not put up with that bullshit and punched back. And won, several times over.

The Palestinians occupied our homes and lands for our forced 2,000 year exile, now were back to make our land prosper again and so it has. And we granted you the right to stay in our country and to live in a prospering country where it used to be a wasteland. And you have the enrve to tell us to get out of what has been ours for 5,000 years?

You must be crazy if you think we are going to walk away.

23. Arsalan Registered Senior Member

Except ofcourse the Jews bound to that area by their ancestury, not religion since anyone can be converted, were already back in that area for the most part and living with the Arabs, peacefully. Every time Europe kicked out the Jews, the Arabs welcomed them back and they lived there peacefully for many centuries. The exile argument does not stand up to history. The problem is the creation of a state by powers on the other side of the world, without taking into account the wishes of the people actually living on that land and who were promised self determiantion after the war.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.