Poltergeist activity caught in two stores

Discussion in 'UFOs, Ghosts and Monsters' started by Magical Realist, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Mysteries and curiosities abound in stores and shops all across the globe. Here's some that caught my eye. Both are compelling videos of objects moving by themselves in stores, or what is known as poltergeist activity. The videos are self-explanatory being news segments. Is it real? Is it trickery? Notice how both store clerks say they sensed a presence by them while working there. Here's one possible mundane explanation included in the comments of the first video: it's vibrations from a refrigerator unit. Now I have to admit that sounded plausible at first. But notice right beside the moving tip jar there is a pencil cup that doesn't move at all. If it were vibrations, that cup would be moving too. Also refrigerator units don't vibrate that much. And notice the shop clerk puts the tip jar on the counter. There are no strings attached. What do you think? Ghost or hoax? Happy Halloween!!

Five Zero Trees, Oregon City, OR

Ellacoya Country Store, Gilford, NH

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

What surprises me is the limited power these ghost have

They are ghost, able to defy the laws of physics. DEFY THE LAWS OF PHYSICS

But it seems from the videos (not just these, but others I have seen over the years) ghost have power to defy the normal laws of physics but but but do ghost physics have limitations???

Ghost voice - we are paranormal and not subject to your physics laws. However our ghost physics only allow us to move small items
    We would love to slide the refrigerator from the back of the store to behind the counter
    But humans don't have a thin enough or strong enough fishing line for that

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Not necessarily. The cup might have a rubber base on it or some other kind of surface, whereas the tip jar is smooth glass.

Maybe the compressor isn't working too well.

Neither. The refrigerator vibrations would just put this in the mundane explanation category.

---
    As for the second video, you've posted that one before. You probably forgot in the deluge of videos you post.

Seeing it again, though, I have another possible explanation.

Here's a hint: when the object goes off the counter onto the floor, what else moves on the counter? What might cause that?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Probably unrelated question, but what's that sort of white box thing on the floor in the top left of this screen-grab? Can anybody identify it?

Another thing: it's quite hard to get a sense of what this "glass cake-top" thing actually looks like, from the video. The video resolution is low.

And: what's the time interval between each frame on the CCTV?

8. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

??? Evaporative cooler

9. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I can't see anything else moving on the counter besides the cake cover. So what's the significance of the white box? Something that vibrates? You realize the cover would have to be lifted up to come off the cake pedestal?

Here's what most glass cake covers look like:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  10. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Why haven't any of these "observers" been given a Nobel Prize?

11. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

12. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

LOL, we both already know.

13. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Probably because Nobel prizes are awarded to prestigious scientists for their earthshaking discoveries, and not to shop owners for their CCTV footage.

14. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Footage that is just plain silly, but equated by loons to metaphysical shenanigans of absurd character.

15. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

No..a clear glass or plastic cup is not going to have rubber on the bottom. I've never seen that and neither have you. If there were vibrations enough to scoot a large glass tip jar off, that would also be enough scoot a lighter pencil cup off too. Not plausible.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  16. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Jenny McCarthy authentically reacting to her piano playing by itself.

Notice this isn't just one note. It's two strokes of a key and then a whole chord..So it can't be a rat or mouse. As if that could even make a hammer hit the string.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  17. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Debunked..it's the sound of Google Home booting up. lol!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  18. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Go ahead and post, THEN check your facts. We enjoy it that way.

19. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

Sometimes I test you guys by posting already debunked cases.

20. Gawdzilla Sama Valued Senior Member

Spit your shoes out of your mouth and try again.

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Magical Realist:

There's some kind of paper thing on the corner of the counter that flaps around a bit.

So, here's what I'm wondering: I'm wondering about sources of wind in the store.

Interestingly, in the video, we can see an air conditioner and a window right next to the counter that the cake top was on. There's also that white box thing on the floor. There's a door next to the counter on the other side. In general, there are quite a few potential sources of breezes nearby.

There's no guarantee that this cake base looks like that. You can't tell from the video.

Some cake pedestals have less of a curve at the edges. Some just have a glass groove that the cake top is supposed to slot into.

So, here's a theory for you: There was some wind or air movement in the room (perhaps from the air conditioner next to the counter) that blew the paper on the side of the counter and also blew on the cake top. If the cake top had been replaced haphazardly, it might not have been resting on the glass base correctly, but rather it could have been precariously balanced. In that case, the wind might have been enough to just dislodge it enough to move the side off it off the edge of the base. Once that happened, the whole thing could roll over, gaining momentum in the fall off the base and then continuing to move across the counter until it fell off onto the floor.

If the wind didn't do it, then the vibrations from the nearby air conditioner might have done the trick.

What is really needed is a detailed examination of the scene, the particular cake top and base, the environment when the air conditioner was on, more information on conditions on the day it happened (e.g. was it hot and was the air conditioner on?), questioning of the staff to find out how regularly the cake top was not put on the base correctly, and so on.

Of course, you have none of this information, and you aren't interested in hearing about it.

No doubt you will try to dismiss my theory with empty claims that this or that simply isn't possible, but your basis for your conclusion will be assumption piled on assumption, with no new information, as usual. Nothing I say will change your mind that this was the work of a ghost, because you're too emotionally invested in the woo to care if it wasn't.

Bzzt! Wrong. I have seen that. It's not unusual for pencil holding cups to have rubber bases.

Again, I'm sure you have no way of disproving my hypothesis, and I'm equally sure you have no interest in investigating further.

Not necessarily. The positioning of the items could easily make the vibrations more significant in some places than others, quite apart from any other factors in play.

The best way to sort this out, of course, would be to conduct a few controlled experiments on location. But I'm sure nobody has done that, and you have no interest in what any such experiment might show.

Nothing except the woo is plausible to you. We knew that from the start.

22. Magical Realist Valued Senior Member

I checked the video about 10 times and only see something white that the cake cover may have hit while moving. I'm assuming it is cake or pastry on the pedestal. And you're right. I don't accept your assumption that there was a gust of wind or a vibration with enough force to cause that cover to fly horizontally all the way to the edge of the counter and fall. If it just fell off, it would stay where it fell on the counter. What we in fact see is the cover being propelled across the counter till it fell on the floor. That entails a force strong enough to do that. Vibrations and drafts don't provide that.

As for your assumption of the clear cup with a rubber base? No..I doubt you have seen such a thing. Nobody makes a clear plastic cup or glass and ruins it by putting an ugly rubber base on it. The cup is just your average clear cup or glass, and certainly would have at least moved if vibrations caused the tip jar to scoot off the counter. It did not. So there were no vibrations.

You talk about my assumptions, but have certainly had a field day with your own. I propose you refrain from throwing stones from glass houses. Because at this point all you have to offer are speculations that cannot be confirmed and certainly aren't very plausible. Both cases, as well as many other videos and eyewitness accounts of poltergeist phenomena, substantiate that there are indeed invisible agents who move objects. We know this happens (I have videos galore of this) and there's no reason why it cannot be exactly the case in this instance as well.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  23. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

Of course ghost have been confirmed and, with the obligatory word, compelling plausible