Political Jokes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buffalo Roam, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

GREAT ORATORS OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

'One man with courage makes a majority.'
    - Andrew Jackson

'The only thing we have to fear is fear itself'
    - Franklin D. Roosevelt

'The buck stops here.'
    - Harry S. Truman

'Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.'
    - John F. Kennedy

And from today's Genius Democrats...

'It depends what your definition of 'Sex' is?''
    - Bill Clinton

'That Obama - I would like to cut his NUTS off.'
    - Jesse Jackson

'Those rumors are false .... I believe in the sanctity of marriage.'
    - John Edwards

'I invented the Internet'
    - Al Gore

'The next person that tells me I'm not religious,

I'm going to shove my rosary beads up their ASS.'

- Joe Biden

' America is--is no longer, uh, what it--it, uh, could be, uh, what it was once was..uh,

and I say to myself, 'uh, I don't want that future, uh, uh for my children.'

- Barack Obama

'I have campaigned in all 57 states.
    - Barack Obama (Quoted 2008)

'You don't need God anymore, you have us Democrats.'
    - Nancy Pelosi (Quoted 2006)

'Paying taxes is voluntary.'
    - Sen. Harry Reid

'Bill is the greatest husband and father I know.

No one is more faithful, true, and honest than he.'

- Hillary Clinton (Quoted 1998)​

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

I couldn't understand this one, what's the joke?

'
    It's almost this way in my country.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

"Capital punishment is our way of demonstrating the sanctity of life."
    -- Orrin Hatch

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three nonfatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable, and we're going to do something about it"
    --President George W. Bush

"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But I didn't live in this century."
    Vice President Dan Quayle

"President Washington, President Lincoln, President Wilson, President Roosevelt have all authorized electronic surveillance on a far broader scale."
    --Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez, testifying before Congress

"I feel the best way to ensure Americans' freedom is to tighten restrictions on that freedom in any way possible. Only through wiretaps, illegal searches and seizures, unfettered government intrusion, a controlled media and a complete crackdown on free speech can we ensure the liberties of all people."
    -- Attorney General John Ashcroft

"What a terrible thing to have lost one's mind. Or not to have a mind at all. How true that is."
    - Vice President Dan Quayle

"Hmmm, uhh, hah -- ummm -- I, the answer is -- I haven't really thought of it that way, heh, heh. Heh. Here's how I think of it. Ummm -- heh heh. First I've heard of that, by the way, I, ah -- uhh -- the, uhh -- I, I guess I'm more of a practical fella. Uhh. I vowed after September the 11th that I would do everything I could to protect the American people. And, uhh -- my attitude, of course, was affected by the attacks.ha ha ...ummm Let me see... I knew we were at a war. I knew that the enemy, obviously, had to be sophisticated, and lethal, to fly hijacked airplanes, uhh, into -- facilities that would, we would, killing thousands of people, innocent people, doin' nothing, just sittin' there goin' to work."
    --President George W Bush, after being asked if the war in Iraq and the rise of terrorism are signs of the apocalypse​

Seriously dude, you don't want to open up this can of worms...

And Al Gore never said be invented the internet.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

How many politicians accept the responsabilty for their policies, and the nations problems.

In my country the only time Taxes are voluntary is when the Democrats have to pay them.

Timothy Geithner,

Tom Daschle,

Ron Kirk,

Nancy Killefer,

Rep. Hilda Solis

8. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

Vice President Dan Quayle. I want to meet this person. Is he still alive?

9. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

Thanks.

10. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, Dan Quayle, is still alive, but I have no idea of where or what He is doing as of now.

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

"Ted Kennedy called for Rumsfeld's resignation. This is interesting. This marks the first time Kennedy has ever come out against anything with rum in it." --Conan O'Brien

12. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

george bush

13. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

14. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

15. ejderha Exhausted Registered Senior Member

One of our former prime minister, Tansu Çiller, was very much like our own Bush, while talking.

But I don't know how would the translations sound.

Early 9os.

For example, during a speech in Black Sea Region, she said:

"We are going to make you the pearl of Mediterranean."

In a NATO meeting:

"-I can't see Russians, why aren't they here? Do they have some sort of an excuse?
    -Mam, NATO was founded against Russians."

To the municipal officers:

"-Hello soldiers!"

Translated word by word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tansu_%C3%87iller

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I actually kind of liked Jackson's comment: it speaks, I think, to the reaction of the general political body to directing elements - that a single or minority proactive element can act as a majority, driving or even converting the bulk of the non-committed majority before him/her or them. Smells kind of Clausewitzian. Fascinating.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

A teacher asked her 6th grade class how many of them were Obama fans.
    Not really knowing what an Obama fan is, but wanting to be liked by the teacher, all the kids raised their hands except for Billy in the front row.

The teacher asked Billy why he has decided to be different.

'Because I'm not an Obama fan.'

The teacher asked, 'Why aren't you an Obama fan?'

'Because I'm a Republican.'

The teacher asked him why he's a Republican.

Billy proudly answered, 'Well, my Mom's a Republican and my Dad's a Republican, so I'm a Republican.'

Annoyed by this answer, the teacher asked, 'If your mom was a moron and your dad was an idiot, what would that make you?'

With a big smile, Billy replied, 'That would make me an Obama fan.'

18. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

sideshowbob likes this.
  19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

It's as dangerous to repeat the errors and falsehoods of propagandists as it is to repeat their bullshit facts - for any reason.

As you can tell by the high percentage of misquotes in the OP (as well as the accurate but bullshit quotes), it does not matter to the propagandist whether they are right or wrong, whether they "win" or "lose" an argument, whether they are actually funny or not, etc -

the major concern or goal of a propagandist is bandwidth domination of public discussion - having framed the public discourse, set its terms, moved the Overton Window, they have done their job.

Refuting or repudiating or even accurately mocking the content of propaganda, if it involves repetition of it, is more repetition for them - repetition they don't even have to buy.

What the corporate backers of the Republican Party do not want is identification of Republican ideology, policies, and actions, as the policies and actions and ideology of the Republican Party in servicing its corporate support. They want all the stuff that is going to fail and hurt people in ways that cannot be concealed identified with Trump or "the government" or "both sides" or the Democratic Party.

That's one reason the Republican propaganda operations invented "Trumpism" and "neverTrump" and the Lincoln Project and so forth. The Party needs scapegoats, because it's doing very bad things and the reality of future events will not cooperate with their concealment or denial.

There was no Tea Party. Outside of a roundoff error fringe (that has almost no media presence or political influence) there are no "moderate Republicans" - they were purged and marginalized by 1994, and any politician still in the Republican Party after 1994 is a willing collaborator in the takeover of the Republican Party by American fascism. Back then it was Limbaugh and Gingrich, then W&Cheney, now it's Trump and the Family. The constant is the Republican Party - the TV special on the History channels of future generations, maybe German or Canadian or the like, might be titled "Fascism in the Americas: how the Confederacy won the American Civil War".

Bottom line: There is no "Trumpism". There is Republicanism - or for the educated and informed: fascism - but there is no Republican Party other than the one led by Trump and represented by Trump. The Party of Reagan and Bush and W is the Party of Trump (Trump and Reagan, for example, are quite similar public officials and politicians - to see that, review Reagan's famous ability to tell lies, deny obvious facts, commit crimes including treason while in office without consequences, shill for the wealthy and their agenda of tax cuts with deregulation and non-enforcement of financial law). Reagan was the original "Teflon President", the first post-WWII fascist politician to take the White House - Trump is the fourth, and by the time he took the election the Republican Party had been purged of any actual "neverReagan" moderates.

Trump=Republican, Republican=Trump.