Police training question

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Anew, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Anew Life isn't a question. Banned

As a young girl, I thought I might want to be a police person...wondering if policepersons must have Karate certification as well as the traditional officiations. Anyone know the training protocol to be a policeperson. Seems to have been a major evolution that women are presented in the police force.

_*_

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Steve100 O͓͍̯̬̯̙͈̟̥̳̩͒̆̿ͬ̑̀̓̿͋ͬ ̙̳ͅ ̫̪̳͔O Valued Senior Member

What country?

Uk needs no martial arts qualifications

I doubt many do

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anew Life isn't a question. Banned

In the Uk to officers have social ethics training?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

If your a good pacifier as a female, that is the role mainly the police use female police officers for in there jobs.

Thats the most important thing a female would need in uk police.

8. Anew Life isn't a question. Banned

I guess I only thought that with the big problem of gun violence, maybe karate would help for fewer mistakes to be made, for it is really really unfriendly to hear about officers being killed,and of killing in the line of service,duty.

9. sideshowbob Sorry, wrong number. Valued Senior Member

The RCMP used to do extensive First Aid and swimming training but now they require cadets to have the certificates before they begin training. As far as I know, the same does not apply to self-defense training. They provide self-defense training (though having previous experience would undoubtedly help you get in in the first place).

My guess is that most police forces would have similar policies. They'll provide you with the training that you need to do the job but you'd be well-advised to get all the pertinent training that you can before applying.

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Karate? That's like the Dane Cook of martial arts!

11. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Martial arts is the pathway to self improvement on many levels. I would encourage anyone with the desire to pursue that as far as they can. Why? To make yourself and your life better in may ways.

Being LEO is another matter altogether, but MA would help you in that pursuit as well.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. river

An expert in the martial arts could disarm a person with a knife in no time flat

13. arauca Banned Banned

Be a nice young girl don't become a cop , eventually you are not going to be a human but a mad dog ,you going to look at every human as a criminal but at the en you are going to be the harden criminal paid by the society .