Poland/US Missle Deal: Georgia backlash?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, Aug 15, 2008.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

All of the sudden, the US and Poland have reached a deal on the basing of US missles in Poland.
    A key part of the agreement?
    These negotiations have been going on for years, the US and Poland both had their reservations but:
    http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/08/15/europe/15poland.php

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

Poland flipped Russia the Bird.

Europe cowers.

All the world's lefties are silent: Abu Ghraib was America's crime; Georgia is Russia's imperative.

Russia is suffering from wishful beta-like issues.

Leftie-like.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

mad, do you honestly think you would honor that deal if it was against your own political interests?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Of course. Poland is a member of NATO. Not defending them would be the same as not defending England. Also, there will be US soldiers stationed there, and, of course, our missle base.

8. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

i know you want to belive that but seriously, look around. How many troops would the US ACTUALLY commit if it came down to it. My guess would be enough hellicopters to evacuate any troops you have in the country.

9. DubStyle I may be wrong, but I doubt it Registered Senior Member

Worse yet, not defending Poland would pretty much mean the collapse of NATO. God forbid that happens.

I read today that Russia threatened Poland with a nuclear first strike if they put the missile shield there. The Day Before theory might turn out to be true.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The theory goes that if the US were to develop and deploy an effective anti ballistic missile shield that could neutralize Russian missiles, Russia would make a first strike on NATO almost immediately before the system goes online. Scary shit.

Welcome to the new Cold War. I hope the US can grow a set. We've seriously been lacking when it comes to balls recently.

This makes the idea of a Obama presidency all the more frightening. I dont trust him to handle these incompetent radical Muslim terrorists let alone to go toe-to-toe with the friggin Kremlin.

I hope McCain can leverage this new Russian threat to beat that Marxist son of a bitch.

10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

You sure ?
    Remember when Britain was facing down Germany, and the US was still undecided ? We might have a similar situation here, With the US facing down others such as China and possible Iran, before entering the War.

The United States only looks out for their own, always has and always will.
    There is no such thing as Altruism in war. maybe in peace time, such as East Timor, but even that was partially for our own interest.

11. DubStyle I may be wrong, but I doubt it Registered Senior Member

Dude - NATO.

I really dont know how much insight you can take away from that example. NATO can not collapse.

12. orcot Valued Senior Member

I honnestly believe that no country would turn silend if Russia was to use nuclair weapons on Poland and that the US and even China would join (if they made it a nuclear war)

13. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

orcot what if it wasnt a nuclear strike but a conventional one?

14. Mr.Spock Back from the dead Valued Senior Member

damned, this russians just cant stop.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!