Poem

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Ethernos D Grace, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

If a person say i am ur god and kill someone whom u not know. Will thou folly?
    If he asked to trust and not question. Will thou follow.
    If u asked him question do you not trust ur god?
    And if u follow and he turns to be the devil. will u sorrow?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

K, too stoned to really take notice of any context.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

But what inspired you make the poem? Right now, I'm on a new psychoactive drug and wanting to write a haiku for drugs and or chemical imbalance.

Ethernos D Grace likes this.
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

Some people were discussing about the god and didn't want to accept that earth.i dk round. So i try to question their belief without enraging them, maybe. So i wanted to make them question themselves.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

I believe in God, so that said - I wonder why so many people feel the need to ask believers to question their beliefs. I've never really cared what others believe, so long as their views aren't hurting others, etc. That's just me. *shrug*

8. Ethernos D Grace Registered Senior Member

That's true. But when belief becomes blindness they can hurt others though unintentional. Look at the history of witch hunting and 9/11. I don't mean to come on as offensive. If i am being, i am truly sorry. I am not telling someone who believes in god to lose their faith. All i am saying is if god exist so does the devil. I am asking those who believes in god to believe that thier god is a good. I am not implying that i know it all and what grand plan he has for us. I don't think i can explain myself further than this.

9. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

No offense taken. I think that we all have the capacity to do good things as well as bad, regardless if we believe in a god or not. Sure, religion can blind people, but I'm not into ''religion,'' per se. But, many people are blinded by ambition, greed, narcissism, etc. I don't think religion and/or belief in a god renders someone any more/less culpable of heionous acts over someone who doesn't believe. Lots of CEO's who are filled with greed and hurt their employees through their labor practices, aren't religious. So, it's not necessarily a question you can answer, but it's just something I've observed - that there seems to be this undue finger pointing at people who believe in a god, as if they are the cause of all the strife in the world. lol As aforementioned, sure...in some cases, people misuse their spiritual/religious beliefs to oppress others, etc. But, many don't. I think the focus tends to be on those who are the oppressors for some reason. Idk.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  10. Seattle Valued Senior Member

I think it's mainly because for so long all the discussion (if you want to call it that) was all in the other direction.

Everyone was assumed to be religious and if you weren't it was a problem. No one can run for President and openly admit that they don't believe in God or even care about the subject.

Look at Bill Clinton carrying a huge family bible coming out of a church. Do you think he has done that since his election?

It's a new phenomena for believers to have to listen to non-believers lecture them. It was usually totally the other way around.... "in God we trust", "so help me God", "God bless America", prayer in schools, churches on every corner, all over TV and the radio, etc.

wegs likes this.
  11. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Ah gotcha. Good point. Is this why you like lecturing? Lol

I had to say it.

Seattle likes this.
  12. Seattle Valued Senior Member

It's just a suit that fits me well, don't you think?

13. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member

Your lecturing skills have improved, I must say.

14. Seattle Valued Senior Member

Your listening skills have improved as well.

15. Michael 345 New year. PRESENT is 72 years oldl Valued Senior Member

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\∆(ツ)∆/¯

16. wegs Matter and Pixie Dust Valued Senior Member