Pit Bulls Should Be Banned

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by valich, Dec 10, 2006.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

aren't guns easier to get than that?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mikenostic Stop pretending you're smart! Registered Senior Member

Please go do some research. Please. You are starting to sound ignorant.
    The Subaru Impreza is a 4 door sedan. The WRX is nothing but an Impreza with a bit more power. The added power may be a testosterone thingy but guess what? I'm a male. We males have that, you know? Well, I guess you probably don't.
    If it were a pure testoserone thingy, I'd have probably gotten a Honda S2000 (two seats, convertible sports car).
    I'm not sorry you fail to see that aside from the bit of extra power, I have four doors, a trunk probably bigger than the car you have, and AWD for traction on slippery surfaces.

Enough with this term. I'm pretty sure we are all getting sick of it, as we all know that that term can be used for ANY breed.
    You are starting to sound about as knowledgeable on things as Orly.

I'm not included in that list.

It would be worth a banning, but you are a fucking idiot who knows nothing about dogs.
    If all you can respond with is 'tick tock', then please stop posting in this thread...or all of them for that matter.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You're not getting it. It has nothing to do with loving animals and everything to do with owning dangerous animals and not thinking of the consequences. Kapeesh?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Nice. Way to go, pal. You really are convincing with your argument.

It boils down to people owning dangerous animals, and pit bulls are beyond a shadow of a doubt within that category, as are other dogs and animals, and not thinking about the consequences. Don't try and sit there attempting to convince anyone you're beyond reproach, because you're not. No one is.

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Hey, what the hell did I do?! I have said anything ANYTHING against you in this thread.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I haven't even disagreed with your overemotional self in this thread.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

What the hecks wrong with Mike? He's losing it over a dog.

10. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

You obviously don't remember the post about a woman telling him his dog was ugly. That got as emotional as this. I don't get it.

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Actually, this is not contradictory what he said, at least not what you quoted...

12. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I was being sarcastic, but the gun's behaviour depends on the owner, the pitbull's doesn't...

13. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

Mike I don't think you answered these, so I will post them again...

Originally Posted by mikenostic
    First off, if the Pit attacked your son in your yard, it's on the owner and his/her irresponsibility that allowed the dog to stray from its own and into yours.
    If it was in the street, see above. If it was with its owner on the street, it should be on a leash. If it is, you should know better than let your kid walk up to a strange dog (that goes for ANY breed).

If I had a child, and a dog mauled him or her, yeah I'd be angry with the dog, but I'd be way more interested in finding and dealing with the owner of the dog.
    I would not even want to have the dog put down. I'd rather see animal control confiscate the dog, rehab it and let a family who knows what they're doing with Pits, adopt it. And at the same time see if animal control could somehow prevent the previous owner from ever having pets again.

What if the dog who attacked your son was relocated with a new owner and attacked again? then what.

Mike, lets say that the owner of the pit bull is doing everything he/she should and being completely responsible. What if the dog still attacks a child or another dog and it ends tragically? Then would you blame the dog? If you were that owner and knew you did everything right, what would you want done with that dog? Why relocate it to another owner, you were the perfect owner. What should be done in that situation?

14. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

to a certain degree it does, if the owner rears the dog on a diet of violence and beatings then the dog will natuarlly be vicious

15. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

A few yrs ago my son's friend was playing at the park. The park is right in the middle of our subdivision, with a field and a baseball diamond. He was playing in the park minding his own business. All of a sudden a huge Rottweiler jumped over the fence of a nearby house.
    The dog ran over to the park and jumped on him, throwing him to the ground. The dog was growling and thank god there was a Dad there who managed to shoo the dog off him.
    He wasn't terribly hurt except for scratches. But to this day that kid is absolutely TERRIFIED of any dogs. He won't come over to our house unless Bruce is locked up, even hearing him barking upstairs makes him nervous. Luckily there was someone around or who knows how much damage the dog might have done.

I tell you if I was in that situation and my kid got really injured, like that previous picture I posted, I would want the dog put to sleep. I don't think a dog that attacks a child that viciously for no reason should be living anywhere near residential areas. I don't think it should be given numerous chances either, to attack again.

16. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

but couldn't that be any dog? Granted, pit bulls are built to hang on and tear and they have a lot of power in their bodies.

17. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

There is probably a reason why so many countries already ban not just pitbulls but other dangerous breeds:

"The nine have already passed legislation banning the said type of dog. These countries are: BELGIUM(breed-specific restrictions),BRAZIL (proposed breed-specific restrictions/bans, CANADA, DENMARK , FINLAND, FRANCE, HOLLAND, NORWAY, NEW ZEALAND, POLAND, PUERTO RICO, SWEDEN"

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I never pictured Mike with a gun rack and a mullet, but maybe that's his character. Perhaps, he just needs to grow up some as he hasn't figured out that he isn't infallible or the center of the universe.

No offense, Mike.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

20. copernicus66 Banned Banned

Opinion, not fact. And until you can conclusively demonstrate that every pit bull is a 'dangerous animal', then opinion it will stay.

21. copernicus66 Banned Banned

To some people, a dog is like their child. Would you get upset if someone told you your daughter was ugly?

22. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Of course I'd be upset. And as soon as he or his spouse gives birth to a puppy I'll understand that as well.
    and we covered this in that thread

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The fact that pit bulls, along with other animals, have attacked, mauled and killed people would place them into that category. Or, are those attacks just opinions?