Piercings....why?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by lucifers angel, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

You're assuming I'm Muslim for some reason.....?

Again, this is entirely different. Those are actions based on beliefs. However, piercings are usually actions that cause beliefs (people to act like dumbasses and become liberals)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

No I am not assuming anything I am just trying to show you that making a general assumption about someone or a group of people is usually not a good thing. I fail to see how getting a piercing causes a belief, in fact most people get piercings because they believe in the freedom of expression. Would you want to be clumped together into a stereotype. What if someone said from What I know all people who are named (you name here) are less intelligent then everyone else. Would you be okay with that, if so then I guess thats cool with me, but if you would be against that then your a hypocrite.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

People who get piercings won't have a problem with others who get full body piercings and tattooos.......so it makes them more willing to accept stupid shit

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

That doesnt answer my question.

8. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

What's your question?

9. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Are you okay with people lumping you into a group and judging you based their experience and/or opinions of someone who meets a general criteria that you yourself are a part of?

10. draqon Banned Banned

the only thing I ever pierced was my mind. it remain pierced ever since.

11. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, but that's stereotyping. People who get piercings are actually DOING something

12. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I think it may have caused some brain damage

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Thats what saying people who get piercings are stupid punk asses is doing, its stereotyping. How can you not see that ?

14. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

I do see it but those who get piercings aren't against people who pierce their whole bodies

15. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

How do you know that? You dont, your just assuming that, so if some people agree with something that you dont you clump them all together as bad? Really? because thats just a display of ignorance.

16. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

No, the action of piercing one's body is immoral

17. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

According to you.

18. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure if this television show comes on where you're from, but there's a show called "Miami Ink" on one of the cable channels. There are a ton of people who get tattoos depicting family members, things they believe in, life events, and to memorialize the dead. I remember one guy had his "racing number" tattooed on his arm from the times he ran marathons.

If that show represents the proper cross section of the tatooed consumer, I'd say the minority are nihilists

Also (I know this is the piercing thread, but I'm posting this just to demonstrate a point)

19. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

domesticated, that's why I specifically said "for religious or ceremonial purposes is ok"

20. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Ahh, so you would just want to determine based on your views what is an acceptable form of self expression? Well I'm glad your view point is a very small minority where I live.

21. domesticated om Stickler for details Valued Senior Member

Agreed.

BTW -- here a fun list of pictures to sift through --- although still a bit off topic from "piercings"
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/carlzimmer/sets/72157601351535771/detail/

22. salsa Registered Member

Scarification is the grossest thing ever; it’s like decorative self harm.

“No, but most of them are probably arrogant dumbasses and probably love doing drugs or something

Just saying”
    Most ‘stars’ have problems with drugs and things because of the media and life. Its nothing to do with the music they like to play.

Piercings also have religion based values

Piercings have nothing to do with being ‘dumbasses’ is a personal choice.

Have you ever even met these people you love to put down so much? They could be nice people ‘just like you’. Did you ever think of that? You put up such a big defence because you do not understand this ‘new’ thing and it scares you. Why cant you just look at it from someone else’s view?

23. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i bet you anything they havent met these people they like to put down so much!

like i said i have a lot of piercings and i am looking for more, i also have tattoo and i am looking to have more done, and i get people judging me before they get to know me,