Phobia's or Fears?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by shorty_37, Jun 11, 2007.

1. DanceAndExplode Fear me, for I am Death. Registered Senior Member

I am so terrified of sharks... and i never go to the beach because of it! i think part of the reason i'm so scared of them, is because shark attacks are starting to become more common in Aust. these days!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

And i am also shit scared of cockroaches! they make me sick, and they just scare the shit outa me!

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ntgr Registered Senior Member

Yeah cockroaches are really disgusting!

Fears some, trying to logically think them through and then delete them from my brain.
    No phobias-yet! Phobias are supposedly symbolic.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

whales. hate them. I swear, I have panic attacks when I see them on TV. The sound they make freaks me out even more. Its so eerie.
    This is my fear.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZES-rix6yM

I won't even fly over water. I fear I may crash and survive. Then I'd be stuck in the water with....THEM!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

Can't think of anything, so probably no.

8. phonetic stroking my banjo Registered Senior Member

It's a bit of a pisser when that happens!

I used to have a perfectly straight nose, kind of roman looking. Now I have the telltale scar and a bit of a bump.

I think my biggest fear is myself. I worry that I'll go mad or that I'm already mad. It's self-perpetuating.

Going to prison for a long time scares me, although I don't do anything that would get me locked up.

9. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

worms cannot for the life me stand them just looking at them or thinking of them makes me want to puke

10. Pandaemoni Valued Senior Member

I don't really have a "phobia" as such, but I do now have a slight apprehension related to escalators. I have a friend who works for a company that makes them, and it turns out that "degloving injuries" are apparently surprisingly common in the U.S.

11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

OK, when I was younger, we went fishing in Northern CA off the rocks. There were a group of sea otters not far away. I was right by the waters edge when this big black thing surfaced slowly and silently right in front of me. It was a killer whale. Scared me to pieces.

When I was a few years older my step-father threw me off the dock so I would learn to swim. (it worked for the dog

) As I was drowning and felt the weeds touch my feet, I looked up and saw the light shining down into the water.

I hate deep water and whales. Whales are smart and can plan and think how to get you. I even see light shining down into deep water on TV and I feel a panic attack coming on.

12. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i posted a while ago that sometimes i am affraid that my thunbs might fall off
    i dont know if that phobia has a name, but people here called it schizophrenia

13. Kadark Banned Banned

I can assure you that your thumbs won't fall off. Unless you're thinking of climbing Mt. Everest, of course.

14. Varda The Bug Lady Valued Senior Member

i only get it really strong when i have a fever, it makes mevery nervous and makes me want to take measures to keep my thumbs on

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I used to be very afraid of the dark. I also used to be afraid of heights. I've gotten over both.

16. shorty_37 Go! Canada Go! Registered Senior Member

I am still nervous in small tight spaces. I used to be worse then I am now.
    I really don't like when I have to take the elevator, esp if alot of ppl get in.
    The whole time I am thinking please don't break down.

17. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

Wasps and Daddylonglegs
    Pigeons and seagulls,( i think they freak me out on purpose)

Are you scared of all whales or just certain species, like the Orcas?? I personally i couldn't trust myself around an orca, they look like they could switch on you.

I have always wondered if sperm whales or humpback whales would ever want to eat a human??

18. Tnerb Banned Banned

I am afraid that I will swallow my tounge a lot of the time.

Hmmmmmm....
    I do have a "phobia" of someone tearing paper in my presense. I have always wondered about this one, even in my younger years, aka 3rd 4th grade?
    Pisses me off. Like real bad like. Someone tears paper and I start to shake and get nervous or something. It is similar to someone tearing or scratching a chalk board, or "what the fuck ever"... lol

Anything else.
    I doubt I should speak further of any other "fears"...

If I do, it will spark incredible discourse.
    Some bad, some good. Some terribly confusing.

19. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Son of a bitch... they're friggin' sarcastic bastards !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuJyL4rqKkM&feature=related

Check out about 1:55, where one comes right up to the boat & sprays the guys with water after they bite one's prize fish in half as he's reeling it in...

heh...

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

This feeling sometimes used to come to me when I was flying.

Not the claustrophobia, but because of the heights.

I used to pray that we should not crash in the water.

Land is better, instant death.

Now after so many flights, its gone.

21. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

I have a very strange phobia of deep water. (Even though I'm a strong swimmer) If I am in a large, 4-5 meter pool, I just get scared and swim out. Being dropped over the middle of the ocean would be even worse, unless fully equipped with scuba gear.

22. Killjoy Propelling The Farce!! Valued Senior Member

Sea gulls ?
    C'mon... it's such fun to feed 'em popcorn or whatnot. You can get a gaggle of a hundred gathered 'round with nothin' but a hunk of old bread. They go crazy screaming bloody murder at each other vying for the next crumb tossed out.
    LoL
    Then of course, ya gotta fuck with 'em by dropping treats closer & closer to you to see which one has the nerve to come get it.

That they will, apparently...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwwfUrJ9CNg

Apparently you can piss off a sperm whale enough for it to attack...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHIBwl-rSaI&feature=related

IIRC, scuba divers have been atacked by Orcas because a wetsuit & swim fin-clad diver bears sufficient resemblance to a sea lion to look like brunch.
    That might be just shark behavior, though.

23. Oniw17 ascetic, sage, diogenes, bum? Valued Senior Member

Getting old...and death.