Peter Arnett, the death of a media hero--AGAIN!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by TheAZCowBoy, Mar 31, 2003.

1. TheAZCowBoy Banned Banned

I was once told--as a child--that the "Truth Will Set You Free."

This, I have believed for all my years on this planet; means, that if you "Stick to the truth," the hypocrites will sooner or later "Come around."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yeah Right!

Peter Arnett reported some of the US' atrocities and uncovered many of the lies the US Pentagon tried to pass off as the unmitigated truth during Gulf War I.

But it didn't work--the killing of over 400 Iraq citizens in a bomb shelter discribed by the Pentagon as a "Command Post" and Arnetts discription of an Iraqi powder milk formula factory ( a chemical factory, the Pentagon insisted ) soon caught up with ole Peter--he was summarily fired by CNN!

Now Peter finds himself "embedded" in this newest US production of fraud put on by G. W. Bush and his fellow CHICKEN HAWKS and again the "Truth does not set us free. Indeed, it costs Arnett another journalism job.

Yassir, the truth will not only get you fired in racist America--it may end your career!

TheAZCowBoy,

PS: Tell people what they want to hear: "Our pause in the current war against Iraq is not because those pesky and very tenacious Iraqi's are kicking our arses with AK-47's against Longbow helicopters by the bushel basket and their horrendous hellfire/TOW antitank missiles." It's actually to give the Pentagon an opportunity to rewrite its war plans inasmuch as the ole one hasn't worked worth a caca; just like everything prez DIM BULB and his AWOL partner Cheney puts their paws on.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vortexx Skull & Bones Spokesman Registered Senior Member

....friendly fired

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Psycho-Cannon Home grown and Psycho Registered Senior Member

OMG that was bad Vortex.
    [Conspiracy theory]
    And whatever happened to that newsreader that was pushed...sorry fell, off that hotel roof?
    Would love to know what he was reporting on.
    [/Conspiracy theory]

On a more serious note i feel for all the reports out there and especially those giving thier lives to try to bring us the truth.
    Its a shame the powers that be are all to happy to silence them and keep us ingorant happy little sheep.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

AZ Cowboy-
    Do you think it would do any
    good to email NBC in protest against
    this? Or contact Peter Arnett and
    offer support?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2003
  8. Agustus Registered Member

I like 99% of America don't care.

9. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

That's the way the powers
    that be like it.

10. dsdsds Valued Senior Member

11. Tadpole_Terror Registered Senior Member

I'm in the 1% who does.. good riddance.. what a braindead loser! lol

12. Microzoft Registered Senior Member

Yo! the DJ is rappin mad!

The incident with Peter Arnett is very shameful, just show how frustrated and desperate the US fanatics are.

They so desperate that are now bombarding the Iraqis with Jennifer Lopez’s latest hits and our best DJ’s are blasting the Iraqis eardrums with our top-hit mentality.

No only we are not going to win this shit war, we are going to loose it so embarrassingly!!

On TV, CNN asked one of the black DJ’s what was all about it, ..the DJ’s replied;
    Am gonna make this motherfuckers drop their weapons and beg me for clemency that I take a sniffing break, yo!

13. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

Arnett was an independent reporter not embedded with the military. Since he was the last western independent reporter remaining in Bagdad , military intelligence should have let him keep reporting, because he was giving them valuable feedback.

It is most likely that American lives will be lost because of a lack of the info That Arnett was providing on what is happening in Bagdad.

Ironically what he said during the interview was allready common knowledge here at home.

But the deciscion to can Arnett was apparently political, and is only an example of what is to come in the future in regards to freedom of the press.

btw The military has dis-embedded Geraldo Rivera for giving out too much information as to his location. hmm personally Geraldo will not be missed.

14. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

For anyone who wants to watch the interview, click on "Peter Arnett Interview" here at Cspan.

There was absolutely nothing subversive said, at least from the perspective of a free America. There is nothing wrong about a journalist editorializing, and nothing new about a journalist complimenting even unsavory hosts that the reporter works under the sovereignty and even censorship of. This is not condoning censorship, but dealing with reality as a journalist. How low is the AmeriCorp media herd going to sink?

15. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

Bye bye, Peter. Peter got too wrapped up in his story and committed a major fupa. Say what you want, but going on enemy television and being sympathetic to their cause, even if it is to maintain your privilege to continue reporting out of Baghdad, was wrong.

Geraldo. Word has it he was still reporting after his little display yesterday of drawing his map in the sand and explaining troop dispositions and movement. Idiot. They said this afternoon he has not been officially booted from the 101st, but the Pentagon is investigating what he did. And he was not an embedded journalist. He had just arrived with the 101st in Iraq a few days ago after being in Afghanistan with the 82nd. But as a former Screaming Eagle, I hope they cut him loose.

16. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Jerry Rivers was never a journalist. He belonged on Fox, though, and there they kept him very well (where I rarely watch) :retch:

17. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

If they do give Geraldo the permanent boot.. Jerry Springer would make a suitable substitute.

18. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

And Don King could be the Anchorman.

19. justiceusa Registered Senior Member

20. Coldrake Registered Senior Member

I heard CNN just gave Connie Chung the boot. Maybe FOX could imbed her in Baghdad and she could interview Iraqi beauty queens who've beat all odds to get where they are today.

21. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

And still some say there is a meaningful difference between major American media outlets, while they swap faces and corporate string-pullers like venereal diseases.

22. TheAZCowBoy Banned Banned

Peter Arnett: "Color him gone!"

TAC: Actually, Peter "The old warrior" Arnett couldn't give a caca what the US ZioNazi owned and operated media has to say.

He is "his own man," which is more than all the media sissies that take a deep breath--and change the subject--when it comes to reporting what the US media J/Rats would rather sweep under the carpet and leave unsaid.

People thought that the Iraqi's wouldn't fight and that they would be falling all over each other in a "rush to surrender" when US coilition forces threatened Basra and Bagdad.

But guess what? The Iraqi people have a backbone and US imperialisn has just been the aphrodisiac to help them to show the world that "even a mouse will fight," given enough provocation.

Too bad prez DIM BULB, Dick Cheney, Don Rumsfeld, Richard Perle and Paul Leftkowitz ( The senior CHICKEN HAWK Corp ) lack the gonads to "Go help liberate the Iraqi people!

I say write to Peter Arnett and tell him that you support his tanacity and guts--and the ZioNazi US media can take the "hind end!"

TheAZCowBoy,

Last edited: Apr 1, 2003
  23. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

Excellent idea again from TAC. I have a feeling Arnett will surface with a contract with some major European TV news. Much as I would like to encourage him, something tells me that with all the rabid American supremacists eager to flame him, any email link to him that surfaces will be a waste of electrons. I remember seeing the old duffer on his balcony at the Commodore Hotel- straight across the way from my apartment, and I like the old experienced, dog-faced jounalists much better than the plastic idiots we mostly see these days.