Personality types

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by birch, Sep 21, 2017.

1. birch Valued Senior Member

https://www.isitnormal.com/post/i-v...-t-belong-in-this-world-is-this-normal--37534

It's like looking in a mirror. Just when you thought you were the only one. Just kidding. I know what you are thinking, why not converse with them, instead of annoying us here? because it is freaky and it is like the blind leading the blind.

They also write like me with poor grammar including many run-on sentences and sporadic punctuation. Or maybe we just have poor education. Or maybe we are from another universe.

I was always accused of staring out the window in school daydreaming and freaking out my teachers by asking strange questions such as, 'who am i?' lmao. this was as early as third grade.

i think for some personality types we have not found our true calling or niche in the world yet. i think every personality type was produced in nature for a reason. maybe in the future there will be and we will have a viable place.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat Valued Senior Member

Autism.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. birch Valued Senior Member

not scientific. this is found in a personality type that is less than one percent of the population and they are not autistic.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spidergoat Valued Senior Member

Just a guess. Seems like autism to me. Most autistic people feel apart from society, and many of them on the milder end of the spectrum don't even know what's going on with them.

8. sculptor Valued Senior Member

No, thinking that one is not of this world ain't normal.

Stopping short of the psychology mumbo jumbo-----the thought wants changing.

(how many Rogerarians does it take to change a light-bulb?)

9. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

What are you people talking about?? That is completely normal. The article describes a very large fraction of people. They're not autistic, they're not even abnormal.

They're simply introverts.

Extroverts bask in the energy of the people around them. They get energized, physically and mentally by looking outward.
    Introverts need to retreat to their own personal space to rejuvenate their energy and collect their thoughts. They find their power by looking inward.

The only reason introverts feel like they're unique and weird is because their nature is less conducive to social interaction than extroverts. They don't get as much feedback telling them that others re feeling the same way they are. It is, unfortunately, a positive feedback loop. They could be literally floating in a sea of other introverts, and they would still feel alone.

Birch, you are an island, sure. But you are an island in an oceanful of millions of other islands.

Making bridges comes naturally to extroverts. But as introverts, we each owe it to ourselves to deliberately make and maintain bridges between each other. It's work for us. That's the price we pay for our active, imaginative internal worlds.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    sideshowbob likes this.
  10. birch Valued Senior Member

i agree with this. i know plenty of people who have had horrible childhoods and still they choose to be good people, even if they still suffer in some way because of the past. this is because it is a choice at any time. you don't have to do that or treat others that way. it is a decision/choice you make, right or wrong, presently with each situation, person and interaction. i am not talking about personality or some simple mistakes but actual predation which is willful as that is what narcissists will do. there is no excuse for that as it is very willful. in fact, it is not the behavior or mindset of a victim at all. on the contrary, it is a mindset of someone either unaffected/who has never had to feel empathy or who just eschews values that do not favor themselves or is inconsequential to themselves.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017 at 1:30 AM
  11. Bowser Life is Fatal. Valued Senior Member

That's my thought.