Personal Debate - Split from Friction of the vacuum could slow the rotation of pulsars

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by expletives deleted, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. expletives deleted Registered Senior Member

Attention James R, Bells and Other relevant moderators:

This is posted in the interest of the site's reputation and that of its staff.

I have tried your way, again and again; but, as you can see for yourselves, it doesn't and never has worked in the paddoboy case; meanwhile others have been banned for less!

What does it take?

How many more excuses are you going to make in order to avoid getting paddoboy to obey the rules like the rest of the members have to?

Please do something to encourage paddoboy to desist from his ongoing:

1) repeated insistent demands for personal info (against the rules);

2) dragging irrelevant and off-topic claims and assertions into a thread's science point discussion (against the rules);

3) gratuitously dragging in other members names into exchanges which they are not a party to (against the rules);

4) personal inciting and trolling remarks making unwarranted insinuations and specious associations and mischaracterized prejudicial attributions and unfairly painting others with intent to personally prejudice and or pit other members against each other (against the rules);

5) filling every thread with his fixations and links which he obviously, more often than not, has not read or understood properly; which state he maintains by either being totally oblivious to, or just ignores, obvious evidence that contradicts his assertions and misunderstandings, when it is presented to him patiently and politely as per the rules.

The most infuriating thing is paddoboy's habit and tactic of adamantly asserting things which have no bearing on the point under discussion by the other party in the exchange (against the rules) and if challenged simply fills up the thread with a blizzard of redundant material which is either irrelevant and bedside the point or just plain misunderstood by him.

Must every otherwise interesting thread and discussion be plastered with paddoboy's unrelenting distractions, incitements and just plain rude and unfair personal crap? Again, I have tried it your way and nothing works. Can you please do something other than respond to reports of his posts with excuse after excuse and ineffective advice? Thank you for (I hope) listening and acting properly as per the rules this time.

If appeals via Reports and PMs to the moderators has not rectified the 'paddoboy problem', then this is the only option left.

Please either apply the rules fairly in paddoboy's case as well as others' cases.

Or if you won't, then please just stop pretending that "going through proper channels" is of any use when it comes to the paddoboy problem.

Thanks anyway, either way. Best.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It takes you to support your rhetoric with citations, links, and or references.
    In the mean time the Hulse Taylor Binary Pulsar system stands as the first evidence of gravitational radiation.
    Magnetic fields certainly may also have some effect, as may the effect that is the subject of the OP. But this observation [binary pulsar] as well as other binary systems, have been researched with gravitational waves as the chief outcome of said observation.
    Thank you linesman, thank you ball boys!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. expletives deleted Registered Senior Member

paddoboy:

The relevant post was adressed to James R, Bells and Other relevant moderators.

Are you one of those? If not, then please don't presume to speak for any of them. Thankyou.

That is just repeating conclusions and assertions based on conclusions. It does not address that actual point as raised and described all too often to no avail for your understanding the difference involved.

Until you do understand the difference involved, please try to curb your patent obsession to repeat conclusions, claims and links to things which which are not the subject of the point I raised and explained as to the difference involved. Thankyou.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. paddoboy Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

No, I'm asking you to support your rhetoric with references, links and/or citations. You are unable to do that and you are now spitting the dummy.

8. expletives deleted Registered Senior Member

@ Kittamaru:

I only reported his posts that broke the rules. Period. Whatever 'general and/or wrong impression' you or another moderator is laboring under about motives/reasons for reporting paddoboy's post, it is not my problem but a problem of hasty and or mistaken impression on the part of the moderator responding to said report.

You just made an unfounded assumption that I am doing that. Could it be that paddoboy's constant mischaracterization and insinuation in my case has already prejudiced you? If so, padoboy's personal tactics have worked well in your case. Obviously you just assumed that I was doing what paddoboy has 'painted' me as doing, and you actually haven't looked into the actual details in question.

If you actually looked properly, you will see that I observed a lack in certain studies/papers; so how can I be expected to give links to some lack other than pointing that lack out in paddoboy's own referenced papers? If there is a lack, I cannot be reasonably expected to link to something that doesn't exist because it is lacking, can I, Kittamaru?

This reads like some "standard response" based on your general impressions and prejudices,without properly taking into account the specific situation in question. Unless you know what has transpired please do not presume what you are presuming about what I have posted.

Which raises the obvious question: if others have been banned for doing what paddoboy has been doing more often and nastily than most of those banned did, then why is he still being given such latitude to continue doing it and so motivating the reports about him which you now complain about?

And again, you just took paddoboy's mischaracterizations and unfounded assertions as 'fact'; and so just assumed that I've "been unable to create a well suorted argument". If you could understand properly what has transired, you wil see that I observed a lack which paddoboy has yet to address; and he just posts irrelevant beside the point verbiage and links to cover the fact that it is he that is "unable to support his assertions' in this case.

I am not the one 'bickering', Kittamaru. Nor have I any desire or intention to do so with paddoboy or anyone else. I was just trying to have an on topic and scientific discussion on the science point I raised. It has been paddoboy's irrelevant comments and clutter, and personal and other kinds of mischaracterizations and evasions tactics, while avoiding addressing my point at all, that has been the problem (as usual). Please do not mischaracterize my polite efforts to bring paddoboy to the point as 'bickering', ok? Tell paddoboy to stop whatever he is doing that gives you the mistaken impression that we are 'bickering'. Thankyou.

Kittamaru, with as much respect as I can muster, it is obvious that you neither understand the scientific point I raised which paddoboy has yet to properly address, nor taken the time to actually acquaint yourself with the facts in this case which would disabuse you of your patently general and wrong impressions in my case.

In any case, I have said my piece as above; because whenever I have reported, the advice is to "sort it out in the thread". But when I try that, the advice is to "sort it out via Report or PM to moderator". It's a merry-go-round.

And because it is becoming obvious that paddoboy's personal tactics and evasion/distraction tactics work well on moderators' own attitudes and prejudices (at least in your case; since you have jumped to conclusions he has implanted in your thinking for some time now).

Kittamaru, I humbly suggest that you review (and discard) all your paddoboy-created impressions and prejudices before you attempt to make moderator comments and assumptions in future; especially if you are not understanding the science point or the arguments involved from either side on its merits as opposed to depending on your own paddoboy-instilled personal prejudices and/or factual misapprehensions. Thankyou. Best.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    dumbest man on earth likes this.
  9. expletives deleted Registered Senior Member

Attention Kittamaru:

See for yourself, per paddoboy's latest post above. He just can't help himself.

He starts off pretending to be going "Back on track", while again inserting his personal obsessions about "god botherers", and off-topic obsessions about gravitational waves, into a discussion of OP's NON-gravitational "vacuum friction" and my own NON-gravitational point re possible strong mutual magnetic field 'binary orbital period braking' interaction (between two close proximity Neutron Stars) not having been properly considered let alone quantified in the relevant studies/papers to date.

Kittamaru, can you please direct paddoboy to 1) stop his "god botherers" allusions (I am atheist); and 2) to keep his gravitational waves assertions and comments in the appropriate threads dealing with that topic; and 3) to stop his repetitive claims to "facts" when it is only his own beliefs and opinions until the claimed "facts" have been properly and fully tested and confirmed scientifically (as has been explained to paddoboy by James R and others, including prof Max Isi in an email reply to paddoboy himself)?

Thanks.

10. expletives deleted Registered Senior Member

Again for attention Kittamaru:

Kittamaru, see what I mean? How is one to get away from such an obsessive off-topic and clutter-posting character, when any attempts to get you or other moderators to act is futile?

As you can see, paddoboy is still posting off-topic gravitational waves clutter in a NON-gravitational waves OP thread.

Shall I report it (and be accused of frivolous reports) or shall I try (futilely) again to sort it out in the thread (and be accused of 'bickering')?

Please do something to restore members' trust in moderators and fair application of the rules to all and not just some.

Thanks, Kittamaru. Best.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

How about, instead of whinging about a pair of words in his post, you make an actual argument in counterpoint? You are not making much of a case for yourself here by ignoring 95% of the post in favor of complaining about a single pair of words...

As for the "gravitational waves" being off topic - are they? If so, disprove what he is saying. Should be simple for one such as yourself, if your knowledge is as impeccable as you seem to believe. As it is, by all appearances, the one that is off topic here is you.

paddoboy likes this.
  12. expletives deleted Registered Senior Member

@ Kittamaru:

Can you not read and understand properly? This a NON-gravitational waves OP and discussion. paddoboy is being OFF-TOPIC by repeatedly posting gravitational waves claims and his beliefs etc re same here instead of the appropriate thread(s) already dealing with same. If anyone else kept doing this against the rules you would have banned them by now. Why are you protecting him like this?

How can one reasonably be expected to address and disprove a matter which is OFF-TOPIC and should NOT be inserted in this discussion as he is doing repeatedly to clutter and distract from serious on-topic discussion, Kittamaru?

From what I have seen of moderator responses and actions, if it was anyone else but paddoboy doing what he is doing much more prolifically than anyone, across many threads, you would have banned them long before now.

I am prepared to address any on-topic post from paddoboy, but engaging and encouraging off-topic clutter is against the rules and I could be banned for it if I took your advice above and engaged him on off-topic issues.

How you (a supposed moderator) can now sit there and encourage me to go against the rules like that, is puzzling to say the least. Do you recommend others be engaged likewise when they are off topic too? Or is it just paddoboy that has free pass to be off-topic and others must engage regardless and so risk being banned for it by some other moderator?

Can you see how absurd you are becoming in your own attitudes and application of/to the rules, Kittamaru? Are you paddoboy's friend or something, that you would encourage me to break the rules by encouraging and engaging his off-topic clutter posts?

Please do your job fairly and without making excuses and special dispensations for paddoboy that you do not make for others. That is all I ask, and am properly entitled to ask, of any moderator. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.