Persecuted scientist Peter Dow @ British Science Festival, Aberdeen

Discussion in 'About the Members' started by Peter Dow, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Yes, he's said more than once that he didn't care. And no, it's not really a deeper thing. He's just another nutcase railing at authority. There's nothing to it more than that. < shrug >

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

deeper as in "deep shit", not deeper as in "whoa, thats deep"

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Again - not really. He's just another of those worthless people trying to stir up trouble. Beyond that he's also a mild mental case that needs some professional help. But people like that *THINK* they're not only fine (mentally) but that they're smarter than the rest of us! Sad, really. On the day he dies no one will really take any notice and he'll pass into oblivion almost instantly because he matters to NO one but himself.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

wait kitta what is a kitta

8. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

yes really. There is a deeper level of negative events, i.e. shit, than i originally gathered, going beyond what the phrase "being a jerk and irritated at being snubbed" would describe. Anyway...

9. The Marquis Only want the best for Nigel Valued Senior Member

Good to see you back, Cole.

10. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

Some good advice for you at the 24 second mark, Peter.

[video=youtube;lMfg-cR0jKE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMfg-cR0jKE#t=24s[/video]

You've started this thread both here, and at The Science Forum, and in both places, people are telling you the same thing:

1. Serve yourself a giant steaming cup of "Get over it".

2. Learn to get along better with others by thinking before you speak. Consider the reaction your words will have on others before you say them.

3. Get a job, any job.

4. Get out of the house, and go meet some friends. Interaction with others will help you practice for interaction with females...which might actually lead to you getting some nookie.

5. Put the home made uniform in the closet, and don't pull it out until Halloween.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

hey, thanks. i see i've been missing out on cool stuff like talking animals giving good advice.

12. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

This entire topic seems created just to inflate the disinformation fed to search engines. If it was so much like Dow says then why doesn't he go proposition Salmond?

RainbowSingularity likes this.
  13. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

That's was my first impression, Stryder.

Dow, Peter,

I have repeatedly asked you for clarity and you've repeatedly answered with bluster and duplicity.

The crucial question - of a legal nature - is whether you were legitimately entering the school grounds once you were dismissed. Were they issuing permits or IDs of some kind? And was yours expired or revoked at the end of the term? Because if you ever entered the campus without a permit and went into any places only authorized for students - particularly because you were expressing strident adversarial tone against the administration, then you may have been trespassing. If you were enjoined from being within so many yards of a certain university faculty member, and if you violated it, then you are lucky you didn't get a severe punishment, such as being locked in a psychiatric ward indefinitely.

The other crucial question - of a technical nature - is whether your thesis had any merit. You've avoided that subject throughout these several pages of dialogue. And if it was not meritorious, what makes you think you have the right to argue with the faculty who appraised it? It's not a freedom of speech that was at issue. You seem to think there is a freedom of graduating, without passing the thesis (or exam or whatever the most crucial thing actually was).

There's a huge gaping hole in your attempt to lay out the facts. So many things can account for your failure to produce a meritorious thesis. Was it delivered on time? Did it meet the presentation requirements (format, length, data, empirical studies, research/cites etc.) or did you fail strictly on technical merit? I asked you if there was a stated reason for denying your thesis and your answer was non-responsive.

Another huge hole is the 10-year delay until you went back to school. A 1-year delay, maybe, but 10 yrs? It's not likely that this is anyone's fault but your own.

These for me are the most damaging aspects of your claims because they all seem to point to lack of openness with the folks here.

14. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

a non registered student is not permitted on the grounds to protest.
    a registered student may protest in accordance with rules allowing for forms of acceptable protest and that student will most commonly need to be registered to the student body and follow their rules of protest including notifying the student body of the intent to enter, date and location of the protest and most probably seek to come to a compromise for the issue that is sought to be protested..
    Universities are specific legal titles that may choose to exclude public & various otherwise legal titles at their discretion.
    the intent to enter the property with the intent to break those rules makes the student in breach.
    if they are a non student they are trespassing by illegal entry and may consequentially be prosecuted.
    though the cost for the university time and court time to prosecute such incidence is largely passed over to give more serious offenses more court time.

such trespass orders are only done as a last resort to officially notify such people and start court proceedings, as such people are most commonly of the nature to force their desires on others regardless of warnings and social etiquette.

such is the sad nature of obsessive compulsive delusional mental health issues.
    mild schizophrenia with obsessive compulsiveness behavioral issues sitting on power and control issues from childhood issues/ abuses etc....
    it is sad to see the massive cost that is created for an ounce of preventative better psychiatric care access at a younger age.
    40 years ago though such science was beyond most peoples access.

the leaps and bounds in mental health science around compulsive disorders and schizophrenia, behavioral disorders and things like autism has leap-frogged ahead like the right brothers to suddenly landing on the moon.
    good news over all.

15. exchemist Valued Senior Member

This thread died over 6 years ago.

But if you want a laugh, Peter Dow now merits his own entry on Rationalwiki: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Peter_Dow

sculptor likes this.
  16. sculptor Valued Senior Member

Very entertaining,
    though not quite worth a laugh
    thanx anyway

17. RainbowSingularity Valued Senior Member

he reminds me of a close friend who was late diagnosed with Schizophrenia after a rather sad episode that he luckily survived with his life.
    it saddens me to read as it reminds me of the lost potential my friend had for all the years he was not diagnosed.
    the obsessive compulsive episodes and various other things that stemmed from it.
    i feel a bit mean about what i said but it seems sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind if you want to make at-least some effort to try and do some small part to maybe help someone from running head long off a cliff.