"Perfect Love"

Discussion in 'Human Science' started by razz, Jan 26, 2002.

1. Tyler Registered Senior Member

The psychology theory I believe and that I have found to be most accepted states that most of our personality is decided before the age of five. I don't know about you, but I remember NOTHING from before then!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

I do!! I remember when I was 3 years old. At least, my mother told me I was 3 at the time. I have a very clear memory of our cat back then and how she came into our house. As clear as a picture...

Has nothing to do with the love discussed here. Then again, it was love indeed. The love for my cat...!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Tyler,

I might know the answer for this question... but anyways...
    Do you still act like a child?

Indeed... I use different kinds of Pscychology mixed with Science, Philosophy and Religion to draw my conclusions...
    I'm pretty investigative... so don't be worried about what I say... it's usually after lots of study...

That's pretty much Freudian Phscychology... but I mix it with Junguian and other stuff too...

I still remember my first traumatic experience... I was 2 years old...

I was in my bedroom, at night, my mom pregnant from my sister, and discussing with my father about financial problems. I got scared thinking that they would get divorce. So I went to the living room and told them that I couldn't sleep...

They told me to come back to my bedroom and sleep.
    After that, they started to discuss...
    Dad: See! Now you woke up the child...
    Mom: No... not me! You did it!
    Dad: No... you did it...

I guess I separed my parents...

Then... after some years, this was buried inside my subconscient and to stop my guilty I inconsciently throw it all in my sister... and finished by being violent with her some times...

I still remember one discussion between me, my sister and my grandma when I was about six. I wanted to watch something on TV and my sister other thing. Here is somehow the discussion:
    Sister: I want to watch... (I don't remember what... of course)
    Me: But I want to watch...
    Grandma: No... wait Nelson... let your sister watch it... you already watched TV before (don't remember the day before of in the same day...).
    Me: {started to cry... (I was about 6 years old, ok... ?

) to kick everything and throw everything everywhere} It's allways like that! She allways wins!!

It's still stuck into my subconscient, but I can control it now. You see... that's a good exemple of how it works this conscient/subconscient thing. The idea of guilty was unconscioulsy transfered from me to my sister...

PS: I don't agree with ALL Freudian Pscychlogy. I do agree with this part, but I don't agree with his ideas of collective pscychology anormalities caused by repression of sex or death (focused only on that. It does have SOME influence, but not ALL. He forgot something called Religious beliefs.)

Love,
    Nelson

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tyler Registered Senior Member

You knew what divorce was at 2 years of age?

Wow. I'm damn impressed.

Anyway, are you suggesting that we are born with personalities?

8. Xev Registered Senior Member

My earliest definitive memory is from about 2 or 3. Then again, I had to work to remember back that far.

I have what could be memories from before then, but they could be confabulations.

In response to Tyler, re divorce: I did know that somthing was.....wrong....between my parents. Presumably Nelson knew the same, but has placed a label on his intuitive sense.

Funny, I didn't blame myself for my parent's divorce, even though my mother would occasionally blame me.

Tyler:
    Meechegan. Seems we are a bunch of northerners here!

Nelson:

Love does come from the mind. All emotion comes from the brain.

Could you explain 'essence' and 'true self'? Do you mean 'personality'? Because I am very confused.

What is a person's 'essence'?

9. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Michigan eh? The capital of American hockey!!! Many a tournament played there!!!

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Tyler,

Not exactly... I'm suggesting that your Real self born with you but you forgot because of so many life experiences...

For example, when I was a little child, about 2 years old, I was really funny and outgoing. But further deceptions and traumatic events in my life made me close myself to people, I became serious, sad and silent. My Real Myself is not like that. I'm extremely joyful, wise and outgoing... but my life experince buried my real self and what I have now is this... #@$*...

I'm fighting to get myself back... but it's hard alone... because of many traumatic events...

Xev,

I don't agree that emotions are just chemical reactions...
    I believe that there is something else...

Deep inside yourself...

Like... how you truly is without your mind, your beliefs and your knowledge. Every Essence MUST be simple. Do you agree with me? Then, your Essence MUST be beyond your mind, your background and your beliefs... I'll see if I post a new thread related to our Essence and Religion... I'll be explaining with Philosophy and a little bit of Pscychology...

Love,
    Nelson

11. Tyler Registered Senior Member

The problem with your claims are that they are not based on fact, and actually have fact contradicting them. So what part of our body is our personality? Or are you basically telling us it's something like a soul? In that case, go enjoy your beliefs and we'll keep searching for facts.

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Tyler,

You mean physically or pscychologically?

Pscychologically, our true personality is buried below all our beliefs and life experiences. I already explained that. And I'll soon start a new thread on that. As soon as I start the new thread, I post the link here for you...

Love,
    Nelson

13. Tyler Registered Senior Member

There's zero point in debating with him, he chooses to ignore fact and make up random things. He says that anatomically there are other parts that decide our personality. This is just a belief and a blind and factless one.

By the way: Hey, you guys get to win a Cup this year! Or wait, I should say, BUY a Cup!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2002
  14. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

When do we get to try out these new fangled things?

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

...I told you, what you know is true... that we can fly...'cause we all got Wings, but some of us don't know why...

Since when is Love a Science in which evidence is needed?:bugeye: I agree with TruthSeeker, we exist from different layers. Lay off all your made-up attitudes and be true to yourself, really true to yourself! You may be surprised at what you might find...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2002
  16. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Originally posted by Xev
    *Why don't you develop your own theory so you can contribute somthing beyond snide little comments?*

I thought that was your job? Why don't you read back the thread? Then you can see how you are only out to get to people who don't agree with you.

In every thread I see you show up, you have pesky little remarks on quotes you take from someone else.

Don't you have to say something for yourself?

My goodness, now the thread is turning into the opposite of Love...

17. Tyler Registered Senior Member

You guys have 11 freakin' olympians on your squad. One of them didn't even make your team!!!!! The Jays are decent but not good. I'm not a huge baseball fan myself though. Was a competitive player until I broke my arm beginning of one summer.

Ahhh memories.

By the way banshee, some of us need at least a bit of evidence before we'll believe something.

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

I already shown it. I'm using pscychology which anyone can learn in any University or College to explain how to get to your True Self. It's a Scientific Proof! I just got the Freudian Pscychology and mixed it up with Junguian Pscychology and some Philosophicals ideas that I got from Religions. That's all.

I CAN'T explain Love with Science. It's impossible to put in words something so deep. But I can give you the path in order for you to discover your True Self, to discover Love within you.
    You have to experience it. I gave the way for you to do it. Go and find your evidence, following this way.

It seems that Banshee understood it pretty well...
    So, why can't you?

Btw, Banshee... have you seen my new thread?

http://www.sciforums.com/t6468/s/thread.html

Love,
    Nelson

19. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Illitch I believe is the owner. Any team with Lidstrom, Federov, Yzerman, Shanahan, Robitaille, Hull... must win a Cup or face the fact that they will be a laughing stock the rest of their lives!!! Detroit is a hockey town anyway, they need to focus on the Red Wings. A storied franchise and one of the few Original 6 who are perenial contenders now. If only the Leafs could get back to those days, sigh...

I play lacrosse and hockey competitively. Those are the only sports I'm really any good at anymore, but I looooooooooove them!!! Baseball I played rep (which at the time was like the quivlant of AAA in Toronto) until that summer when I got angry and fed up with my broken arm. It was a sad, sad day for me.
    Ah well. I still do long distance running (my mom was a marathoner), but the only sports I'm any good at are lacrosse and hockey. Like I said though - those are MY sports!

In Xev I trust. Mainly because I had to read the name a couple times before I pronounced it right. Sushi is great though, I'll agree with that. Mmmmm, could go for some right now.

So banshee, if you agree with truthseeker (who, ironically enough, won't use fact or evidence to show his 'truths'), give us some evidence. At least then we have somewhere to go on the debate. You have to understand that as long as there are people making claims there will be others to question them, and unless you have evidence, your claim will not be considered.

20. Tyler Registered Senior Member

You have proven nothign!!!!!!!!!

You say - LOVE IS NOT FROM THE BRAIN

Then you say you prove this with psychology?????

How can you be so hypocritical?????

21. Tyler Registered Senior Member

Which martial art?
    I did Tae Kwon Do/Kung Fu for 8 years!

22. Xev Registered Senior Member

Aikiedo and Tae-kwan do. Quite fun, I studied for about 2 years before I had to really clamp down on the way I spent money.

I especially like Aikedo. The philosophy behind it is almost purely defensive (or the way I was taught, it was). A way of using your opponent against himself.

Did you enjoy Kung-Fu?

23. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Xev,

If it's based in pscychology, it's a scientific proof.
    I already proposed an experiment, and you have to do it by yourselves...
    I believe in Science. You can see it in my posts and threads.

First of all, that's perfectly possible. Second, I was talking about you looking to your past to find your Essence. Tyler agreed that I'm using scientific methods:

You can see it in the fourth page...

I already did many times...

I already did... and you agreed with it. If you want a phisical evidence for a philosophy, and for emotions, you won't find it.
    Just reason, and you'll understand.

Love,
    Nelson