People who antagonize others for having alternate forms of political leanings

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by WillNever, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

Oh to funny . This was predicted by local conservatives on Me own city council. I can't believe it what a riot . They said now they are just about all progressives they will turn on them selves and eat there own. Me I be a fence sitter . I know that be dangerous as we are an easy shot being all high profil on the fence and all , but the view is good . That is why you see birds sitting on fences . They can see rats running threw the grass better

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

@Willnever

You will also find this if someone criticizes a democrat, Obama for instance. It seems that neither liberals and conservatives in the US are afraid of self-analyses or criticism. It amounts to some sort of treason or something. Another reason I believe is that there is a 'with us or against us' attitude in american politics which has created an atmosphere where each group has become a stereotype or cliche of themselves, this in turn stifles any criticism of group agenda or policy.

So if you claim, as many liberals in the media did do, that the Arizona shooting was due to mental illness and not some nefarious right wing conspiracy to go around shooting democrat congressmen, if you genuinely don't see such a conspiracy then you are de facto helping 'the other side'.

I agree with Giambattista in post#17. Throw out your labels and be someone who judges policy, circumstances and individuals on a case by case matter and not from an ideological box perspective. Define your ethics and let that guide your opinions.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2011
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. WillNever Valued Senior Member

I definitely agree with you, lucysnow.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.