Pearl Harbor

Discussion in 'History' started by John99, Feb 8, 2009.

1. thinking Banned Banned

Pearl Harbour catasophy was about communication

intelligence knew the attack was coming , it just that they didn't believe it

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

LMAO, ya why in the hell would a Belligerent nation at war with no less than 4 countries in the last 10 years, EVER attack a country which forcibly shut off it's Oil (war gas) supply?

Even the modern CIA isn't that fuckin stupid.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. thinking Banned Banned

but they were

sometimes your only as good as the people who work for you

true is it not

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Correct. But FDR knew that they would. Part of the story. Read up on it. I know...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

As for Canada, didn't it belong to something called British Commonwealth, thus if the mothercountry was at war they were too, automaticly???

Not that Hitler was scared of the Canadian forces or anything...

Hey, here is an analogy: Let's say you are Hitler. (I forgot the rest of the analogy, but I like the proposal)

8. thinking Banned Banned

9. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Ok guys, drop Canada or I'll have to derail the thread to educate Americans on everything they don't fuckin know about Canada.

I know, you don't care, so drop it.

Hitler was well versed about the pain in the ass Canada could be, Hitler was in WWI.

He didn't even know "where" the "Canadians" came from, lol he thought they were "British"(like wales or something).

They were used (sometimes with Aussies) as crack troops in every successful attack after Vimy, 1917. Germans used to just watch where the Canadians were getting deployed to know where an attack was coming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada's_Hundred_Days

Canada did NOT have to declare war in WWII.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  10. thinking Banned Banned

in World War I is when Canadians first made their impression upon the world

I know Americans get all the hoop-la

the Germans though knew and experienced the determination of the Canadians

though we suffered heavy , heavy losses

and quite frankly I'm proud of them and always will be

I am Canadian by the way

11. John99 Banned Banned

Well how can we just drop Canada from a discussion of WW2? Do we just pretend things happened the way we want to see them as syzy and scott3x do?

These points cannot be disputed and make conspiracy theory pointless:

1. The U.S could have waited for the Japanese to begin or get attack under way and then fought back (trap) taking out a much larger number of Japanese aircraft THEN declare war.
    2. Canada declared war in 1939 on their own accord.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  12. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

I don't see how it has anything to do with the discussion at all. For point 1, from what I know, that could be exactly what the U.S hoped for.

Point 2 does not matter to this discussion, at all.

13. John99 Banned Banned

Sure.

14. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Because there is no connection. We are discussing PH, not Canada. I am not surprized that John doesn't get it. But someone could tell us why they declared war on Germany. I think they wanted to be on the motherland's side and there were 2 ladies being killed on a boat or something...

Here is History Channels program on FDR and PH:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7736750907069936394

For Scott: Around 21 minutes they mention that 70-80% of the American public didn't want anything to do with the war in Europe, you asked me earlier about source.

Also in the 2nd half of the program historians are trying to debate the conspiracy. What is funny that they are not succeeding. Watch the guy called Kennedy, basicly whatever he says is NOT contradicting the conspiracy...

15. Nasor Valued Senior Member

It seems outlandish to me to suggest that most people in the U.S. wouldn't have supported going to war had the attack on Pearl Harbor been less successful. Also, remember that Japan declared war on the U.S. at almost the same time as the attack was carried out. The U.S. would have been at war with Japan regardless of whether or not it wanted to be.

16. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Except if you recall the European war, England declared war on Germany right after the invasion of Poland, but for months nothing happened. I think it was called the strange war or something like it, because there were no hostile activities except throwing propaganda from airplanes.

Another example would be the situation NOW between the USA and North Korea. Technically both are at war with each other because there was no official end to the military campaign (peace accord), nevertheless there hasn't been a real battle for 5 decades.

The main point is that 2 countries can be "at war" for a long period without any fight or military movement. So a simple declaration of war didn't do it, there had to be an overt attack.

On the other hand small skirmishes don't always lead to an all out war. As I mentioned earlier, the Germans had a few with American boats, in the cold war the US with Russia in the submarine business, but no open war....

17. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

The USA did nto need Pearl Harbor to declare war on Japan, they could do it without Pearl Harbor. US fighters were already fighting Japan from China. The US was already fighting.

18. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Actually the USA and north Korea are at a cease fire, it is North and South Korea whom are still at war.

19. eddie23 information sponge Registered Senior Member

My only reply to this is what Churchill said when he heard about the pearl harbor attack.
    "Thank god we have won the war."

20. eddie23 information sponge Registered Senior Member

or the qoute be the japaneese admiral after the attack.
    " I fear we have awakened a sleeping giant."

Truer words have never been spoken.

21. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

This is a 90 mins program in the Unsolved History series:

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=unsolved history&www_google_domain=www.google.com&hl=en&emb=1#

They focus on the military tactics of the attack, but still interesting. At the end they reenact the attack with a 1 hour warning and they came to the conclusion that there would have been more ships lost, had they been out of the harbor...

Doesn't add much to the discussion*, but interesting documentary. Oh yes, the first shot was fired by the Americans in the attack, when they sank the minisub...

*It does mention that all the destroyed ships were old and the Japs missed the oilreservoirs.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2009
  22. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

*well duh, who cares about the oil resovoirs, the Japanese knew it wouldn't have done anything and what they wanted to destroy were the things using the oil resovoirs.

23. PsychoticEpisode It is very dry in here today Valued Senior Member

or the famous line of the returning Japanese aircraft pilots "Frat tops, what frat tops?"