Peace Now is a virus:

Discussion in 'World Events' started by S.A.M., Aug 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

You again?

Does this qualify as trolling? He's been ranting about "Jewish Elitist World Domination Conspiracies" all over SciForums. He somehow makes asinine links to almost any topic here.

(Heh, won't be surprised if he labels me as a conspirator just for speaking out against him.[1] [2] [3])

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Slysoon Registered Senior Member

Interesting you should equate South Africa's shedding of apartheid to the establishment of "freedom and equality". Would you consider the dilemma facing South Africa today to be a reflection of its “freedom and equality for all”? Walter Williams, an African-American college professor, summed it best when he wrote, “Black rule alone is no guarantee for black freedom”. Williams also took to heart many of the arguments Andrew Kenny made in his article published in The Spectator entitled “Black People Aren’t Animals”. Williams wrote of colonialism and genocide:

"The tragic fact of business is that ordinary Africans were better off under colonialism. Colonial masters never committed anything near the murder and genocide seen under black rule in Rwanda, Burundi, Uganda, Nigeria, Mozambique, Somalia and other countries, where millions of blacks have been slaughtered in unspeakable ways, which include: hacking to death, boiling in oil, setting on fire and dismemberment. If as many elephants, zebras and lions had been as ruthlessly slaughtered, the world's leftists would be in a tizzy."

South Africa today is home to the world's leading murder, assault, and rape rates. Interestingly enough, Whites in South Africa face constant harassment and racism from the Black population, especially at the student level. Many of the nation's democratic values are suspect, as Helen Suzman herself - a South African anti-apartheid politician and activist - has turned against the ANC government and its policies geared toward discriminating Whites and poor Blacks. When taking these dire realities into consideration, the typical liberal mind tends to blame the former White colonialists. According to the liberal, it is the blame of the former White colonialists - and other global organizations and institutions perceived to be "White" - that South Africans today face such high rates of crime, disease, and undereducation. This is because, as Andrew Kenny stated, liberals treat Black people like animals. Williams paraphrases Kenny's sound argument thusly:

"Kenny says that whites treat blacks like animals. When a dog misbehaves, we don't blame the dog -- we blame the owner for improper training. In Africa, when blacks behave badly, Kenny says colonialism, imperialism, apartheid, globalization or multi-nationalism is blamed for not bringing up blacks properly. Liberals saw South Africa's apartheid and other human-rights abuses as unjust because blacks were suffering at the hands of whites. They hold whites accountable to civilized standards of behavior. Blacks are not held to civilized standards of behavior. From the liberal's point of view, it might even be racist to expect blacks to adhere to civilized standards of behavior."

Most of the world - in terms of public ideology - is strongly anti-Israel. There are a few exceptions, the most significant being the United States. The United States is unique in the fact that, outside of Israel, no nation in the world is influenced as strongly by its Jewish citizens. Jews are the most intelligent and wealthy ethnic group in the United States and have established themselves firmly in the highest plateaus of American society, in sectors ranging from politics and finance to education and media. The incredibly overrepresentative nature of Jews in America has influenced American ideology to be instinctively pro-Israel and anti-Arab. Whether the Palestinians practice non-violent resistance or not has little bearing on Americans, as Palestinians have no equivalent to the ADL, AIPAC, AJCommittee, AJCongress, AOL Time Warner, Viacom, and so on. Finally, pro-Israel writers and pundits - who have access to virtually all of the major media in the United States - outnumber instinctively pro-Palestinian writers by a wide margin. Try to name the pro-Palestinian equivalents of these predominately Jewish media personalities: William Safire, A. M. Rosenthal, Charles Krauthammer, Martin Peretz, Daniel Pipes, Andrea Peyser, Dick Morris, Lawrance Kaplan, William Kristol, Robert Kagan, Mortimer Zuckerman, David Gelertner, John Podhoretz, Mona Charen, Yossi Klein Halevi, Sidney Zion, Norman Podhoretz, Jonah Goldberg, Jeff Lacoby, Seth Lipsky, Irving Kristol, Ben Wattenburg, Lawrence Kudlow, Alan Dershowitz, David Horowitz, Jacob Heilbrun, Uri Dan, and Paul Greenberg. All of whom "can be counted upon to support Israel reflexively and without qualification", according to Eric Alterman in his article "Intractable Foes, Warring Narratives".

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Slysoon, organisations like the red cross and Amnasty arent so blind in there obediance to ANYONE. There organisations mandiate independence and they are quite good at it. Lots of people (myself included) surport these 2 in paticular (though there are others like human rights watch) and lissen when they speak. Not everyone is a sheep

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The article you linked does not include the word "sniper" anywhere.

The image you posted appears to show dead children. Is that correct? You posted it with no warning about its graphic content. You have been asked before not to do that.

This is quite apart from the extreme level of insensitivity and disrespect you have shown to the children pictured and their families, assuming they are indeed dead in the image you posted. And these are presumably Palestinian children. Even given your antisemitism I thought you'd have some sympathy for them.

You're heading for a ban, SAM. Some things are really beyond the pale.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

A simple search works well:

These children were shown on television and newspapers extensively during the Gaza war, they were shot by snipers moving into Gaza. But why is the pciture graphic? They look like they could be sleeping rather than dead. Although they are dead. And I think their parents [if they are still alive] would prefer they did not sink into the heap of collateral damages that all Palestinians have become.

Also madant posted right after me and had no problems with the image, why do you?

Thats probably why you're being provocative, because you want to ban me. Yeah I agree some things are beyond the pale. Giving these dead children a voice is now antisemitism. That is beyond the pale. Would you say that if it was a picture of Holocaust victims? Because I remember posting many of those without anyone trying to ban me.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  9. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I'm sorry, but Bullshit. There are a lot of factors reducing the potential for the outcomes that you and (perhaps) SAM desire. There is no international backing of any Palestinian civil organisations, nor is there widespread education about the problem. There are not many sympathetic voices in the media.

I mean, people don't even remember the cozy relationship Israel had with Apartheid South Africa.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I wouldn't say that. This is the era when Americans can watch what their media will not show them and where new powers are emerging by the day.

I think a lot of Americans would reconsider their support if they knew what was really going on in Palestine. And with Palestinians jumping into media and communication, even Americans who don't want to see the truth will be forced to confront it. Israel is going to cost American Jews heavily when the reckoning comes. Time for them to pick a side.

For madanthonywayne, in the category "News that Americans will not hear in their media"

Links to all source articles here:
    http://mondoweiss.net/2009/08/black...dvertiser-and-guess-who-doesnt-report-it.html

11. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

The dilemma facing SA today (and for the last many years) is one of poverty. The poverty of millions dispossessed under the apartheid system and struggling to make the transition to integrate into a modern economy. Sadly, poverty has translated into crime and South Africans of all colors are victims of out of control violent crime, and under staffed police agencies. Yet for millions of South Africans, better education and solid employment has uplifted vast previously poor sectors into the middle class. But the cornerstones of freedom and equality -one man, one vote, justice, the rule of law, and protection of human rights are enshrined.
    Yes, that seems about right. Not forgetting the important fact, that wherever colonialism has reared its ugly head, particularly in Africa, the colonists attempts at forced "civilizing" of the "savages" has led to indigenous cultural decay into a violent downward spiral. This is the DIRECT legacy of colonialism. The remedy for this is unclear.
    Yes, this is a reasonable view. Sadly, this has led to wide scale white emigration which will inevitably lead to economic decay. Not due to ethnicity, but due to education and skills.
    Very good observation friend. Generations of Americans have grown up mediamongered by pro Israel media, never questioning the moral foundation of Israel as a nation that forcibly displaced natives, to make way for an elitist populace based purely on religion. This racist travesty continues unabated, but thankfully, we are starting to see the winds of change blowing.

12. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

Its an unstoppable tide my friend. Public sentiment is shifting, and this will eventually translate into political sentiment.
    Ah, now you understand. Where TWO colluding pariah states existed now there is only ONE. Can you see it is only a matter of time?

13. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

ban SAM

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

SAM:

You're being disingenuous.

Two wrongs do not make a right. How many times is it necessary to tell you this. I don't care if this image was splashed across every television network. It doesn't mean that we have to accept you posting it without warning here.

You've lost all connection to reality, SAM. To you, these children are not human beings, but just another tool in your crusade against Israel.

You really have become quite unlikeable.

Because I recall specifically asking you, very politely, if you would post a warning and a link to such images when you posted such things in the past.

If madanthonywayne missed this, it is not my problem. I noticed it and acted.

Since you don't respond to reasonable requests, the next time I will simply delete your post and temporarily suspend your account. Maybe that way the message will get through.

I am cutting you a lot of slack, SAM. I am constantly receiving complaints about your attempts to hijack sciforums as your own political platform, both through reports and PMs. If I wanted to ban you, I could easily have done so at any time for any number of different reasons.

This is self-serving nonsense and you know it. You're just using dead children as a propaganda tool. That's quite despicable, SAM.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Are Holocaust museums a propaganda tool James? Is that why they have pictures of the victims?

16. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

According to you, yes they are.

You really need to look up the definition of Holocaust, and it's application to the real world.

If Israel was intent on delivering a Holocaust on the Arabs of Palestine, the casualty figures in Cast Lead would have read in the 100,000 of thousands not 1,417 deaths, in truth, the Israelis have the power to flatten Gaza from one end to the other, churn the earth and turn Gaza into Carthage,

The Price Of Vengeance.

17. otheadp Banned Banned

1400 deaths... 100,000 deaths...

It's all minor.

Sudan's death figures as of 2003 is 400,000 (or 'only' 300,000, depending who you ask). There are also mass rapes, according to a UN report.

Sudanese refugees risk their lives going through Egypt (whose border guards shoot these poor people on sight) into Israel, the terrible organ trafficker blood drinking country.

How many emergency sessions were held by the UN security council over that? While the world is debating on terminology (should we call it genocide? or should the more polite term "mass killings" be applied?) thousands of Sudanese die every day.

But don't worry - New York Times is there to save the day, wasting their paper space complaining about Israel's construction policies in its own capital. Shame on this farce of hypocrisy.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Which is what exactly? Some people are more equal than others?

19. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, the double standard by our liberal friends here on the site is in full flower, the Hyperbole has grown to full cry.

Isn't it interesting that in Islamic countries 100,000 of thousands are dying in the name of religion and theological correctness, slavery is rampant, yes, we are seeing the religious tolerance that Islam is so famous for.

What we have here in Sudan, is a real Genocide, not the apocryphal Genocide of SAM bemoaned in her ululate over the Arabs of Palestine.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So when is the US going to liberate Sudan? Or send them 3 billion a year?

If not why not?

And we don't have to go that far. What if native Americans in your society were treated like the Palestinians? Or rather, do you agree with the treatment of native Americans in your own history? Was it right to take their land and resources? Would you support it if this was done to their remaining lands?

21. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No, your definition is suspect to say the least, and fraudulent to be accurate.

22. otheadp Banned Banned

There once was a wise Jewish leader who kept saying "if Israel is not strong, if it's unable to deter its enemies, the Arabs will do to it that which they do to themselves every day", meaning that the Arabs would slaughter the Jews.

What happened to this man? He was killed by an Arab terrorist.

EDIT:

So... back on topic.
    To the extent that organizations with a fraudulent name like "Peace Now" are acting to dismantle Israel's defense lines and policies, and demoralize the population with its anti defense rhetoric and terror sympathizing, they are a virus. But as I said, nobody believes them anymore because they've been thoroughly discredited by events.

People are pretty mad at Rabin and Peres and Barak over the failed Oslo accords and the 2000 peace talks, both of which gave us terrible waves of terrorism. But the thing is, at the time people were not convinced enough of the nature of Israel's enemies. "Peace Now" were strong back then. But today we have experience and know full well that dream-like silly wishful thinking that the Arabs can be trusted to not murder Jews is just that - silly wishful thinking. There will be no more risky chances taken by Israel. We will sit tight and wait until Arabs learn to respect Jewish lives.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Do you think mythology gives anyone a right to someone's land or home?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.