Pathological Skepticsm.

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by btimsah, Jan 15, 2006.

1. duendy Registered Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

try not to suffer so openly, boy

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Gustav Banned Banned

well
    while the option to "........live to fight another day" is available, it is not neccessary under these circumstances.. resurrection is made easy in this particular medium.

therefore
    why not make a stand on principle and consequence be damned?
    why not refuse to roll over and give ass?

if the above sounds pigheaded that is too bad
    i am eminently reasonable and will always be swayed by a logical argument.
    unfortunately, slogans, soundbites and irrartional formulations are what i see and get

kowtow to that shit?
    never

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

pardon
    the rhoids flared up
    again!

8. Pah, forgotten.

Mmmm, perhaps I lied about not having a clue about that after all...

9. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Huh? Frumple snorgplaster?

10. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

I see a stroke and/or anuerism in your immediate future.

11. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Of course! It was the lack of color that threw me.

12. Mmmm, the size doesn't exactly help either - so, you're old and your a Brit then, eh?

13. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Well, old - yes. A Brit? Unfortunately no. I'm American. But I did watch CS avidly back in the late 60's.

14. Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Extraordinary! I really had no idea they ever screened it over there - I know some of Blighties other eccentricities made it over there to some limited extent, Dr Who, that sort of kidney, but I really had no idea shows like CS ever made it any further south than Canada in your neck of the woods - it's actually kind of nice to know some of our stuff actually gets to take over there. Thanks for sharing that, I'd've just continue presuming your all heathens indefinitely otherwise....

15. PHPlatonica Im over myself now... Registered Senior Member

Im a Heathen... I mean American... and I love the bbc.. RedGreen, and WHEN Smeg, Whats the name of it? Red Dwarf was on

You really think We're heathens, tho, hu?
    how come?

16. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Mr A,
    Some stuff gets over there for instance Benny Hill & Monty Python. It seems the BBC was far more Illustrious back during that period of time. I suppose you could subjectively look at todays programming and see where it's failing.

Of course the main failure is the market not being such a monopoly. Programs, story writers and future Celebrities now have a choice of who to choose based upon their payment offers.

With that point over, where are we? Other than asking, "Why the Villianous Black, Mr A?"

17. duendy Registered Senior Member

put it thisa way: there is someting goin on we dont know about. which is slippery, and ...playful?.....who asks: 'what IS it?'
    the errr 'pathological skeptics' seem to say eithe liars/misread/seen or 'it's all in the mind'

ahhh,,,,miiind....

18. Tnerb Banned Banned

am I a pathological skeptic?

"how could i tell", yeah yeah. For anyone who has read some of me, would u say?

19. duendy, what?

... I don't old man, I'm just being British - no, really it's just as I was saying to Superluminal. We're very used to American imports on British TV, a good 50% or so of pretty much all the main terrestrial channels is US produced and its been that way ever since even I was a tadpole, but it comes as a surprise sometimes learning that actually shows we over here would have been watching as kids actually kids in the US were watching them too, except obviously for the US produced stuff naturally.

Don't worry, I don't really think for an instant America is a land of McDonald's, Disney World and very little else in between, I'm just been utterly flippant.

Similar proclivities Mr S - I'm tall, dark, heavy set, my eyes are really far too close together and beady to engender anything even remotely instilling a sense of either trust or ease and I wear an awful lot of black - truly, I could be the very poster child for The Mysterons myself except I haven't got the guts to actually wear a uniform where the shoulders light up and flash everytime y'mobile goes off.

I'm moderately evil true, but even evil has to draw the line at some point...

20. PHPlatonica Im over myself now... Registered Senior Member

OH NO! When did I grow a Penis? and am I using it right? *Laugh.. Im a old Lady, Not a old man... So.. Tell me Does this George Bush Make me Look fat?

21. duendy Registered Senior Member

PPPPPPPOOOOOOPPPPPPP)))))))))))))))))))

22. PHPlatonica Im over myself now... Registered Senior Member

Wow, Aside from the National Geogrphic and Descovery Channles, (And Car too network) I have NO Idea What show are out there...

23. Gustav Banned Banned

damn foreigners

hilarious! youse mah hero, mr a