Pathetic Pathos: The Incel Hour

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Tiassa, Apr 25, 2018.

1. billvon Valued Senior Member

I saw no evidence of that. Occam's Razor, as always, applies.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Staff Member

It Happened Again (and Will Happen Again and Again and Again ....)

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

#nevermind: I just saw another buttchin anime joke, and I think from the same studio. Or maybe the same jump. Never mind.

Via BuzzFeed News↱:

On a YouTube channel in 2014, Beierle filmed several videos of himself offering extremely racist and misogynistic opinions, in which he called women “sluts” and “whores,” and lamented “the collective treachery” of girls he went to high school with.

“There are whores in — not only every city, not only every town, but every village,” he said, referring to women in interracial relationships, whom he said had betrayed “their blood.”

Officer Damon Miller of the Tallahassee Police Department said he could not tell BuzzFeed News whether women were specifically targeted in the attack or whether these online posts were the subject of detectives’ inquiries.

“Everything that he has a connection to we’re investigating right now,” Miller said.

Police said they were still investigating a motive, but noted Beierle had previously been investigated for harassing women.

In one video called “Plight of the Adolescent Male,” he named Elliot Rodger, who killed six people and injured 14 and is often seen as a hero for so-called incels, or those who consider themselves “involuntarily celibate.”

“I’d like to send a message now to the adolescent males ... that are in the position, the situation, the disposition of Elliot Rodger, of not getting any, no love, no nothing. This endless wasteland that breeds this longing and this frustration. That was me, certainly, as an adolescent,” he said.

One: This is America.

Two: The low body count can confuse if we let it.

Three: Of course it's about a girl.

The Tricky Part: There is precisely nothing new under the sun about what just happened. Not the misogyny, nor even the racism. Failure to attain privilege has long been worth killing over in this society.​

Sometimes I wonder, should we ever truly countenance, as a society, the fact that this is really happening, whether we will resolve to actually do something useful about it, or just shrug and decide we're okay with it as long as it doesn't get too far out of hand, because, y'know, women, and what're ya gonna do. There is a third way, of course, which is to make things worse and pretend we couldn't see that coming, but, still, what is society really going to do about it?

No, really, if putting a stop to the raping and murdering is such a threat to civilized society, we might wish to consider why.

Notes:

Mack, David, Amber Jamieson, and Julia Reinstein. "Tallahassee Yoga Shooter Was A Far-Right Misogynist Who Railed Against Women And Minorities Online". BuzzFeed News. 3 November 2018. BuzzFeedNews.com. 3 November 2018. http://bit.ly/2zqrw1v

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.