password reset

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by krash661, May 13, 2016.

1. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

just to inform the site-- i had to re-login to this site and i forgot my password. when clicking on the " forget your password " button, it claims to send you an email to reset your password, but when i clicked on that and submitted, i never did receive that email(s), i actually tried 3 times for about a couple of hours now. i finally remembered my password and was able to login from there.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

just an up-date-- i still have not received that password reset email-- maybe this is an issue of that clone site, "
    Found a site which is looks just like SF site, and we are also its members?? " ??

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Please check Spam and Trash folders.
    Could you send me the address of that site? DO NOT log in there. It's a scam/spam site (domain squatters). We'll report them.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Oh do go ahead and login there krash - it's ok...
    Wouldn't want to contradict an all knowing being such as yourself...

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/fo...e-also-its-members.155918/page-3#post-3373285

As to you Plazma... Really? Are you saying this is the first you've heard of this site? "Dereliction of duty" comes to mind... But, OK.

http://www.sciforums.com/threads/fo...e-sf-site-and-we-are-also-its-members.155918/

8. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

I saw the thread. They've been reported already.

9. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Perhaps you could answer the question I've asked of the mods: "Are the passwords here on Sci stored in an encrypted format? Such that a copy of the database would not yield a human readable version of the members passwords?"

Please let me know...

10. Plazma Inferno! Ding Ding Ding Ding Administrator

Yes, they are stored in encrypted format provided by default XenForo engine.

11. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

that was where i first look in... i still have not received that email. the site is under one of these topics on here

12. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

13. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

Oh... Sorry. I do appreciate the honesty though - I always suspected you were incapable of understanding phrases constructed at the elementary level. Try to keep up, it's difficult continuously reframing concepts at the preschool level for you.

Perhaps I will be treated to another ternary of petulance now, similar to this one: http://www.sciforums.com/threads/wa...e-also-its-members.155918/page-3#post-3373318

Carry on... (shrugs, shakes head and other sophomoric expressions)

14. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

MY god, your pathetic incompetence is rampant with you.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

(shakes head)

15. Kittamaru No more Staff Member

OK... both of you need to go to your corners and have a time out..., seriously, that exchange is just petty and unnecessary.

krash661 likes this.
  16. Peter Dow Registered Senior Member

I had the same problem but I it has taken me 2 years plus to recover my old password.
    I would have thought of that.
    Me neither.
    It seems this board has a problem with actually sending password reset emails and as a result, members who lose their passwords can't get logged in again.

17. Kittamaru No more Staff Member

That would seem to be correct - I'll see if I can test a bit later when I'm home.