Paranoia

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by NeonSky, Jul 21, 2001.

1. NeonSky Registered Member

I am extremely paranoid and have VERY low self-esteem. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problems and what they do to over come it.
    Help me please.....

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. kmguru Staff Member

How old are you lostsoul? And what sex you belong to this time?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NeonSky Registered Member

Age and Sex

I am 18 (nearly 19) and I am female

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Biggles Custos morum Registered Senior Member

Trust me lostsoul, you're not alone!

8. NeonSky Registered Member

Hmm

It feels like I am sometimes! Please help me! Any advice is welcome!
    Biggles - age and sex?

9. Biggles Custos morum Registered Senior Member

Twenty-five & male.... what's that got to do with anything?

10. friend Registered Member

I know it sounds silly, but a hot bath really helps me when I'm feeling blue.

11. kmguru Staff Member

Hello lost soul:

Since you are on the topic of soul, you have to explain, what it is you are experiencing that needs to be solved. If it is personal relationship, you may have to find professional help. If it is more in the philosophical aspects of life, we can discuss this in this forum.

Nothing is lost, it is only misplaced!

12. NeonSky Registered Member

Lost

Not lost, just misplaced... I like that!
    Baths don't work. They only last for a few hours.
    I am just lost in general. None of my relationships work out, I always end up being the one that gets hurt.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I don't know what to do with myself. I have great friends but something is missing. I feel really paranoid. I see myself as being fat and ugly but everyone tells me that I am quite the reverse. I feel lost and my paranoia needs to be stopped! I just need some help.

13. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Like how?

You keep saying you feel paranoid but all you've been whining about appear to be things related to self-esteem.

Like if you were paranoid I'd expect you to be running off how about how someone is pissing in you soup whenever your back is turned.

So? What is it?

14. kmguru Staff Member

Lost soul:

If you have health insurance, I suggest a visit to your doctor will help a lot. email me with details, I may recommend one at your place.

15. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Sounds as if you need a little self-confidence m'lady. You're by no means alone. And that is one of the keys. I think that most of us at one time or another have felt left out, sticking out of the crowd as oddball, and just generally didn't fit in. Relax, enjoy life, and quit worring so much. All is as it should be. When at your age the body plays hob with your emotions. It's part of growing up to be an adult. If you still feel this way in a year or too it may be time to revisit. In the meantime, go see a doctor, who will prescribe something to level you out. Even if you were fat and ugly, and you probably aren't, so what? Me, I'm old and lazy. Don't mean a thing. I still try to enjoy life. What your friends think today or tomarrow will change from day to day. Do not depend upon what they think to define your life.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2001
  16. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

To lostsoul

M'lady, I would ask you to reset your preferences, some of us would like to talk to you through the Private Messaging that is offered at this board. Please?

17. wet1 Wanderer Registered Senior Member

Something I would like to share...

kmguru hit upon something that drew back memories of times long past. Something that is every bit a revelant today as it was the day it was written. Within it's contents are the instruction for a satisfactory life. It goes like this.

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit. If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter; for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.

Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possesion in the changing fortunes of time. Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery. But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideas; and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself. Especially, do not feign affection. Neither be cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to sheild you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are like a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with god, whatever you conceive him to be, and whatever your labors and asperations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all it's sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful, strive to be happy.

The Desiderata
    (found in old ST. Pauls Church, Baltimore. Dated 1692)

P.S. I still have a copy of this at home. I went and took it off the wall to put this down here. I have had it for probably 30 years. It is every bit as applicable today as the first day I read it.

I thank kmguru for bringing this to the forefront as it is truely words to live by.

18. kmguru Staff Member

In around 1972/73, I was going through a very difficult time emotionally when I heard this song over the radio station. I am in love with the poem ever since. I have a Desiderata poster and the song (by Les Crane) too. When things get me down, I listen to the song many times.

This is a part of my life now. To everyone this poem has touched has brought peace and tranquility to them.

I hope this brings the same to you and the readers.

19. Chagur .Seeker. Registered Senior Member

Sure does ...

Have a ... an ... acquaintance buried on a hilltop grave in a small church cemetery in West Virginia who I know attained peace and tranquility from that poem. That's why I made sure a copy of it went in his coffin.

20. Bebelina kospla.com Valued Senior Member

Lostsoul. We all feel like that from time to time, so you are certainly not alone. But in order not to get too drowned by low self esteem and just view it as a temporary state of mind that easily can be changed, I suggest meditation and YOGA! Yoga is an excellent way to raise your self esteem, spiritual awareness and health. And it´s fun too.

21. pragmathen 0001 1111 Registered Senior Member

re: lostsoul

I think a good rule of thumb is to realize that nearly everyone suffers from self-esteem problems periodically. Everyone has that time to themselves where, if they allow it, they permit a little introspection and realize that they're not quite where they could be.

There was a time I was in Japan, knocking on doors for the religion I embraced at the time. <b>No one</b> was answering throughout the whole day. Not only that, but the outside temperature was at a cool 10 degrees Fahrenheit. God, even though I was with another guy at the time (as per the religion's instructions), it was one of the loneliest times I've ever experienced on the planet. The one consolation I could take was in the belief that somewhere, someone like me was enduring the exact same experience.

The trick is to look at others and realize that, most likely, they're experiencing the same kinds of feelings as well--just at other times in life. I think that kind of outlook helps to bring humanity closer, instead of pushing them away and distancing them with feelings of loneliness and lack of self-esteem.

I think another thing would be to work on yourself. If you feel you always get dumped on in relationships, then augment a part of your personality. Realize you deserve better and don't settle for anything else. Of course, this is easy to say from my vantage point.

There was also a time in Japan when another guy was having similar problems as I was at the time. I thought it would be a great time to commiserate and discover some things about him. I asked and eventually began giving advice. He finally looked at me and said, "Is that all you can do is give advice?"

So, if this advice goes in one ear and out the other, then screw it. Read some of the archives of www.theonion.com and just lose yourself in laughter. That works the best for me.

thanks!

prag

22. kenton Registered Member

23. chiomolugma Registered Member

Have a bit more patience with yourself. If you give yourself some time and think about the decisions that you make it may make a difference. Rely only on yourself and on people that you know and trust. Try hard, but don't put too much effort; don't let yourself be dissapointed with yourself ever.