palestinians in egypt,leb,east jerusalem r very happy and filled with joy about USA

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Radical, Sep 11, 2001.

1. Radical Registered Senior Member

they are shooting up in the air in a "happy" frenzy ,they pass down candy to eachother,shout slogans.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Radical Registered Senior Member

Some Palestinians celebrate U.S. attacks; Arafat issues condemnation

http://www.haaretzdaily.com/hasen/p...ontrassID=1&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0
    Some Palestinians celebrate U.S. attacks; Arafat issues condemnation

By Amos Harel, Ha'aretz Correspondent and Agencies

Palestinians celebrating the aircraft attacks on New York and Washington.
    (Photo: AP)

As some Palestinians across the West Bank celebrated the series of aircraft attacks on New York and Washington, Palestinian Authority Chairman Yasser Arafat issued a condemnation.

There were scenes of celebration in the West Bank refugee camp of Balata, and in the cities of Tul Karm and Bethlehem, also located in the West Bank.

In the West Bank city of Nablus, Palestinians distributed sweets, motorists honked their horns and gunmen fired into the air from assault rifles to cheer on the attacks which unfolded in the space of a few hours.

"I feel I am in a dream. I never believed that one day the United States would come to pay a price for its support to Israel," said Mustafa, a 24-year-old Palestinian gunman.

Several dozen Palestinian youths gathered in East Jerusalem to celebrate as well, honking out wedding tunes on their car horns. "We are so happy that America was hit. America is against us in supporting Israel," Suleiman, one of the demonstrators, said.

Arafat condemned the attacks which levelled the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City and struck the Pentagon in Washington. He expressed shock at the attacks, and offered the United States condolences and help in hunting the attackers if it was requested. Several Palestinian militant groups denied involvement.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.