Pacifism; Brave or Naive

Discussion in 'General Philosophy' started by notme2000, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Xev Registered Senior Member

Murder is unlawful killing. To quote my legal dictionary:

Thus, I am not a murderer if I kill an enemy during wartime, if I execute a person in the service of the legal system, or if I kill in self defence.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. notme2000 The Art Of Fact Registered Senior Member

Hey Xev, just noticing your signature. In Fight Club they don't mention his name, but in the credits and dvd extra's they call him Jack from the "I am Jack's so and so" speaches. Just thought I'd mention.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Murder the idea of murder is subjective. Murder is a judgment on killling. When it comes down to it killing is just that kill. I would not say that is is wrong just that it is undesirable. The universe isn't alwasy what we desire.

Murder a murderer, and you become a murder; is subjective to individual judgment.

How is murder anything more then an undesirable outcome?

Because some one desided it was right and justified it with a law.
    Hypocrisy!!!
    If we are all indeed fools how can we be with out falseness?
    To deem something right or wrong is to be with out falseness. Are we not all fools?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

Empty:
    You forget that I don't believe in right and wrong and think I have the "right" to kill anyone I damn well please. Thus your objection is without merit.

8. Empty Dragon Empty Registered Senior Member

Xev I do not believe in right or wrong either.

Hence there is no right to kill. It is not that you have the right (That would be contraditory) it is that you do not consider it right or wrong to do so. Just because you can doesn't mean you will.
    It is hypocracy to justify any act. We know nothing. So to justify anything is to justify falseness.