Oral Sex Worse Than Smoking?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by KilljoyKlown, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

Would two a day be OK?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Well, herpes would announce its presence within 2 weeks and it would hurt. It would also be pretty obvious as it can produce a large carbuncle on your mouth. AIDS will kill you quite dead unless you take a bunch of expensive drugs pretty much for the rest of your life.

Sex is bonding behavior so you may bond to someone who hurts you deeply and dumps you after putting you through the shredder emotionally. You could pick up a UTI and end up in the emergency room at hospital that very night or crab lice and deal with those nasty little bugs.

The chance of you actually altering your dna from swapping spit with another person is asymptotically close to zero. The chance of you altering your dna by having oral sex with another person may be a little more than that, but not much.

Considering the probability of a medical complication versus the highly improbable chance of altering your dna would make same such an improbability that most of us would not think of it. Most of us would consider first the more immediate consequences of our actions rather than some esoteric and highly speculative consequence.

If that is at the top of your list, you should be aware that your perspective is highly unusual - unique in my experience. Have you led a very sheltered life?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Nasor Valued Senior Member

To add a little perspective here, these types of cancers are pretty rare. Even if having lots of oral sex partners increases your odds of getting them by a factor of 32, the odds are increasing from practically nothing to practically nothing.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Can't be that rare, as they are saying that it is becoming comparable to the numbers of smokers that get throat cancer. But I have to admit I don't know what those numbers are either. But they do know that about half the population gets HPV, and that is a big number. If I was young and there was a vaccine, I would want to be able to take it. Throat cancer is very nasty shit and I'd rather not worry about it when engaging in sex.

8. Nasor Valued Senior Member

They say in the article that about 3000 people/year in total die from it. That's pretty small potatoes compared to the 500-600k people who die from other forms of cancer each year.

9. arauca Banned Banned

use a condom in your tong

10. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

But they also said the numbers are on the rise. But whatever, they already have a vaccine that has been approved. It's been tested and it works and even if insurance companies won't cover it, it should be made available for both men and women who want it.