Oral Sex Worse Than Smoking?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by KilljoyKlown, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Our daughter has already gotten the round of shots. I'm gonna have to talk to my 20 yr old sexually active son about it now.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I will allow 9 women to take part in an experiment with me, any women volunteers here?? :shrug:

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Yeah...I am supposed to go get a pap smear :runaway:
    I will ask them if they will also do a throat scraping for HPV?
    Can they DO that?

I would like to know. I had about...30-ish partners.
    The voluntaries.
    3 more if you throw in the non-voluntaries.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I was mainly worried about HIV, and you really can't get HIV through oral sex...so I thought oral-genital contact was pretty safe...and latex tastes wretched.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

LOL.....the opportunity for research abounds.

:roflmao:

8. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

If even one of the women on this forum takes you up on that offer the rest of us want to here about it.

9. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Oh...that is supposed to be a favour for her?

10. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

ummm YES you can get HIV from oral contact, thats a myth. The question is what fluid and what route (pun intended

) you are using. For instance saliva is a bad transmitter and the digestive system is a bad reciver. BUT reproductive fluids are good transmitters and if there is a small laceration (cut) in your mouth or throat then you have a problem. On the other side female reproductive organs are a good reciver and if you have a small cut or bleeding gums or any other blood then it is easy to transmit because the mouth would keep it moist so the virus would last longer. Female to male genitial contact is SURPOSED to be harder but its definitly not impossible, especially if there is a lac on the genitals.

It also depends which strain you are exposed to, male female transmission is much more common in Africa because of the strain that is common in africa.

Edit to add: there are flavored condoms and you could put choclate or strawberry or whatever topping you like on a condom or dental dam (sheet of latex layed over a female's genitalia to protect her partner when performing cunning lingus)

11. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Oh I know it's not impossible, just lower-risk for transmission.
    Low enough that I decided the nasty taste of rubber, plus the fact that my partners were less stimulated, was not worth it...

I wasn't great at it for guys...Tempromandibular joints got quite unhappy with it after not too long.
    (In other news I can pop my jaw...like my toes, knuckles, ankles, feet,shoulders, spinal column...louder now that I'm pushing 40...)

Flavored condoms don't stay flavored.
    What they ought to do is create a condom with fruit roll-up type stuff on the outside-dried fruit and sugar coagulate stuff.

12. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

interesting ? Is that true ?

13. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

I look at it as very...life-affirming, in all, although it's a dreadful way to hurt someone.
    It can be something precious, it can destroy you. Or it can just be boring and crappy.
    I am sorry if you don't have good sex now...that seems a shame.

14. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

The article only mentions a rise in throat cancer in men...but doesn't talk say anything about women..or whether this is caused from licking carpet or playing the skin flute. I wonder if there is more information available.

15. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

women are being protected by gardecell so the focus is on the fact that boys ARNT being given it

16. scheherazade Northern Horse Whisperer Valued Senior Member

I posted this link in post #2.

http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1619814,00.html#ixzz1ac9qvEhC

It speaks as well of the risks to women.

17. MacGyver1968 Fixin' Shit that Ain't Broke Valued Senior Member

What's a gardecell?

Edit: Oh...Gardasil...the vaccine. Got that from Sche's link. Thanks.

18. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

Gardasil sorry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardasil

19. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

So, apparently the DNA test for it can tell me whether I need to worry about either the top or bottom end of me.
    Good to know.

20. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

fine, but if you have a heart attack when I take my clothes off, I'm leavin layin there.

21. Ellie Banned Banned

I am fairly certain that only human DNA can affect human DNA.

As far as the main point i made:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=the-price-of-silent-mutations

Someone once told me that, in his own words "swapping DNA with many people will alter your DNA, worse it will scramble it.

He was just some regular\average guy so i just laughed to myself. Now I begin to wonder if there can be some truth to it and looked into.

22. Stoniphi obscurely fossiliferous Valued Senior Member

Well, considering that your diet can affect which genes are activated via activation of exogenomic switching and such changes can be passed on to your progeny, yeah, you can affect your own genetics with the choices you make, but the point is sorta trivial. Most of us will readily agree that slutting around is not desirable for many reasons. Altering your dna is sorta way down the list though.

You are incorrect about only human dna affecting human dna. Radiation, infection by viruses, cigarette smoke, even the mere passage of time and normal cell functions can and do affect human dna. We got AIDS from monkeys - remember?

That 'someone' was a exaggerating a tad.

The world is not quite as hostile as you think it is. If you have been honest about your actual age and regrets, you have my sympathy...with the addendum that it was the choices you made that put you in that space and most of us do not share your perspective or outlook.

At a youthful 61, I am tickled fookin pink that I had sex with the wonderful people I had sex with. I will continue to have sex with my lovely wife of 21 years whenever and however I can because she is beautiful, extremely well built, sexy and I love her very much.

My 93 year old friend and walking buddy is also quite committed to continuing his active sex life with his 85 year old girlfriend - no regrets from him on this topic either.

23. Ellie Banned Banned

Why would altering DNA be down on the list?