On The Creationism Debate

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by davidelkins, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidelkins Registered Senior Member

I believe that God created human consciousness, but I also believe that humans evolved biologically. DE

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. exchemist Valued Senior Member

Jolly good. Each to his own.

Boris2 likes this.
  4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. timojin Valued Senior Member

8. krash661 [MK6] transitioning scifi to reality Valued Senior Member

ummm okay?? what are you ranting about?

9. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Have any idea as to at what stage in human evolution God created human consciousness? For example, was it when humans had not yet become separate branch of the ape family? Or Are all other animals with out any form of consciousness?

Without some ideas about what "human consciousness" is, and how it differes form other animal consciousness, there is not much content to your belief.

As evolution proceeds in many minute changes, you have the problem of at what stage did God add some consciousness to the evolving huminoid?

These questions make me believed that human consciousness and animal consciousness co-evolved. In fact are still a work in progress, with considerable variation from one individual to another and considerable over lap between hunans and other higher animals. These evolving consciousness are not like a light switch that one day God turned on for his select group of creatures. But that is just my POV.

Ophiolite likes this.
  10. davidelkins Registered Senior Member

No, I am not the author of the book 'Humanistic Psychology'. I am not that David Elkins. Pertaining to the other poster I believe that all
    consciousness was created by God, whether it be animal, plant or human consciousness. When that was added and at what stage in evolution
    it was added is a complete mystery. Seeing footprints adds to awareness and so to does seeing one's reflection in water. Wearing paint upon
    the face brings greater awareness of one's face relative to his or her fellows in a tribe. Certainly any alteration of the body denotes a social
    consciousness because it causes a person to wonder about what others might think of them and leads to a self-examination and consideration of
    other people's perspectives. Different technological advancements denote different advances of thought. DE

11. Bells Staff Member

Mod Note

This does not belong in any of the science sub-forums.

Davidelkins, it would behoove you to actually develop some talking points and supported arguments in your opening posts so that your threads do not come across as being preaching or evangelising.

I should also note that preaching and evangelising is against this site's rules.

Thread closed.

origin, Billy T and exchemist like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.