On integration and assimilation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Jun 11, 2009.

1. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

OK, create a new thread. Then quote the verses. I'll be glad to discuss this topic with you at length. The outstanding principle of the Quran is thus "Men are not slaves of one another, but slaves of God, therefore no one can own men but their Creator."

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You really need to learn the language (Q).

Ignorance [even when espoused by Daniel Pipes] is not a point of view

:spank:

Better known as inalienable rights or al-'asl huwa 'l-hurriya [the basic principle is freedom]

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

It happens but not as common as you would think. They are sometimes 'loaned' into prostitution to pay off family debt, some are trafficked but most go into it voluntarily for financial reasons.

Diamonds: It is quite easy for those Godless people who kidnapped Africans, Indians, and other people to now blame it on others in hindsight.

They were not godless they were christians.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2009
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

I disagree. Anywhere there is prostitution, there is this problem. In Japan, before Meiji restoration, there was this problem also. I find it quite interesting that countries preaching 'women's rights' often overlook perhaps the worse exploitation of women in history, prostitution. The fact that entire countries' economies are based around this vice tells us something about the nature of how the world functions.

There is ample room to deny the appellation of Christian or basis of Christianity for the selfish pursuit of secular social Darwinists.

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No, I don't.

No idea what you're babbling about.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The Quran would disagree with you. In fact, Allah provides Muslim conquerors slaves as the spoils of war from their bloody conquests of spreading Islam by the sword.

* 4:36 "(Show) kindness unto parents, and unto near kindred, and orphans, and the needy, and unto the neighbour who is of kin (unto you) and the neighbour who is not of kin, and the fellow-traveller and the wayfarer and (the slaves) whom your right hands possess."

* 4:92 "It is not for a believer to kill a believer unless (it be) by mistake. He who hath killed a believer by mistake must set free a believing slave, and pay the blood- money to the family of the slain, unless they remit it as a charity. If he (the victim) be of a people hostile unto you, and he is a believer, then (the penance is) to set free a believing slave."

* 23:5-6 "And who guard their modesty - Save from their wives or the (slaves) that their right hands possess."

* 24:31 "And tell the believing women to lower their gaze and be modest, and to display of their adornment only that which is apparent, and to draw their veils over their bosoms, and not to reveal their adornment save to their own husbands or fathers or husbands' fathers, or their sons or their husbands' sons, or their brothers or their brothers' sons or sisters' sons, or their women, or their slaves."

* 24:58 "O ye who believe! Let your slaves, and those of you who have not come to puberty, ask leave of you at three times (before they come into your presence)."

* 33:25-26 "Allah repulsed the disbelievers in their wrath; they gained no good. Allah averted their attack from the believers. Allah is ever Strong, Mighty. And He brought those of the People of the Scripture who supported them down from their strongholds, and cast panic into their hearts. Some ye slew, and ye made captive some.

* 33:50 "O Prophet! Lo! We have made lawful unto thee thy wives unto whom thou hast paid their dowries, and those whom thy right hand possesseth of those whom Allah hath given thee as spoils of war."

* 33:55 "It is no sin for them (thy wives) to converse freely) with their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or the sons of their sisters or of their own women, or their slaves."

10. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Thailand used to be rife with prostitution beginning with the vietnam war and for a long while after but not anymore, now that they're economy has resulted in a large middle class there is less of the sex trade, still there but its everywhere in the world. I don't consider women who choose the role as prostitute as being exploited, especially when they create advocacy groups to protect there rights as they have done in Cambodia. Whether some people like it or not women are going to do it. It hasn't won the title worlds oldest profession for nothing.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What does this mean?

Lucy:

Is there a social stigma associated with prostitutes in Thailand?

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Yes they are very conservative but since many of the daughters bear the burden of taking care of their families in the countryside its quietly allowed. I would say the Thais are much more conservative than the Khmers on all fronts, Khmers are much more relaxed but all Asian societies are cut on the pyramid and very money and class conscious.

13. iceaura Valued Senior Member

? What is the comparison?

Do you regard this:
    as overstated? It's not in the slightest.

There is no moral superiority in incapability.

Neither is there any gain from pretending that the wealth and power of the North and West requires the subjugation and impoverishment of the South and East.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

When I see it, I'll believe it.

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

See what?

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

That this is pretence:

17. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

iceaura,Q, please create a new thread. This is completely off-topic.

18. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

The problem which many nations in South and Southeast Asia have is export of prostitution business from Thailand, Burma, India, and Cambodia to other countries in the region. In particular, the Muslim countries of Pakistan, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Bangladesh have been combating this problem for decades. These latter countries have extremely strict anti-prostitution laws, usually involving the death penalty for the owners and propagators of prostitution houses. I recognize that poverty is a problem for many people, but many nations have alleviated themselves without the use of prostitution or tourism associated with it. Forcing women into prostitution is an extremely degrading and humiliating position for women to be in. I believe the world community overlooks just what a horrendous and widespread problem this is in South and Southeast Asia. Or even more sinister, perhaps they profit and cherish the trade and exploitation of human souls?

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

You've lost track of the logic - but if you run the numbers you'll find that the oppression of the Third World is not the main driver of prosperity in the First. The multinational go-between that need the oppression also skim the difference, and most of the real wealth of the First World is generated among its own class - produced. 25% cheaper coffee and cocoa, even oil (which is recent) is not what built the industrial Western powers.
    I've been responding to SAM. Sorry about that.

So what is your latest idea of the topic - prostitution?

Some forms of it are a common means of assimilation and integration, apparently, in Saudi Arabia and Yemen and similar countries, as poverty stricken places like Bangladesh supply women and boys for "domestic help" to the wealthy.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I remember one of these women [hired as a maid, but raped by the owner] filed a complaint with the cops and was brought to my kitchen for questioning [she complained of poor health as an excuse to reach the hospital and contact the authorities]. The cops were very good to her and filed a case against the Saudis. They also arranged for her to get compensation and a passage home.

21. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

you can find the same shit in the Torah and the Bible. This is still the same racist and dishonest bullshit we see from those attack Islam.

22. Xylene Valued Senior Member

I agree...but the African presence in the Western Hemisphere was purely commercial for most of its history; ie black people had a monetary value, as long as they were slaves--a person who harmed or killed another man's slave had to pay compensation to the owner--but once they were emancipated, they lost their monetary value, and became worthless in the eyes of their former owners. Not only that but they became competition for those who were at the same low level in society; and once they had lost their monetary value, there was no barrier to doing them harm. That's been the main reason why the blacks in America have been so badly treated, ever since they arrived. They were initially regarded as little better than cattle or other livestock, to be bought and sold--and when they were emancipated, they were seen as a threat in a number of different ways.

23. Xylene Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Jun 24, 2009