On integration and assimilation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by S.A.M., Jun 11, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Who woulda thunk it. You'd make a great Saudi. Thats exactly how they feel about other people's beliefs.

Yeah right. Since I am in Bombay, walking around alone at night while I adjust my circadian rhythms, I'll be sure to consider that.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Meanwhile, build yourself the community you desire

Happy "integration" :wave:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You mean Muslims, not Saudis.

I'm not as interested in building a community that I desire, but more interested in stopping the community theists want to force me to live.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Wow, how very uncharacteristic!!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Gustav Banned Banned

man!
    you are awesome!

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

You don't read posts, so I'm not surprised.

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I know a lot of people who would find that funny as hell. Unless you change the 'Muslim' to 'Jews' and then its offensive and racist.

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

In Indian philosophy, we believe the world is round and karma is a circle.

You keep on repeating the same mistakes because you never learn the underlying thesis, only the outward superficial lesson

There is always an "other". Nirvana is to break that cycle.

The reassuring female voice asks the child a question: “Can you show me the doll that looks bad?”

The child, a preschool-aged Black girl, quickly picks up and shows the Black doll over a White one that is identical in every respect except complexion.

“And why does that look bad?

“Because she’s Black,” the little girl answers emphatically.

“And why is this the nice doll?” the voice continues.

“Because she’s White.”

“And can you give me the doll that looks like you?”

The little girl hesitates for a split second before handing over the Black doll that she has just designated as the uglier one.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  11. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

and again, change that poster to Mexico and Mexicans even though Americans bring them here, whether on a slave ship or promise of a $4 an hr job.

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

When have Mexicans been brought to the States on a slave ship?:bugeye:

13. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

SAM, I agree 100%. I have experienced the exact same thing in the West. For all this talk about being multi-cultural and personal freedom, they are really quick to reveal their inherent xenophobia. I spoke at length to a native American friend about this topic, and surprisingly, we both have the same exact view about how Americans treat people who they perceive as foreign. Imagine, your ancestors have lived in the Americas for thousands of years before a single white European came here, and yet you are treated as a foreigner. Similarly, African Americans didn't come to America and the West because they wanted to, they were brought as slaves, beaten and shackles. Yet they are treated as foreigners too.

Need I remind you SAM, that our brothers and sisters from South India, Gujurat, and Bengal were taken as indentured servants 'coolies' and forced to work in the Caribbean, South Africa, Indochina, and England. For how long were they treated as undesirables in their own lands, or these realms outside of their homeland. How long have they been kept from away from us. I remember how they kept the last Mughal king Bahadur Shah Zafar in his cell in Rangoon, torturing him physically, spiritually, and mentally until his death from depression and sadness. That is our heritage SAM, we must always remember that. I say, let the Pakistani and Indian flags fly everywhere in London. We are proud of where we came from, and our peoples struggles for freedom.

14. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

The Arab slave trade continues today and dates back well before origins of Islam. What do you have to say about that?

So, you're proud of your slave trade, then?

15. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Slavery does still exist. Why do you think Western tourists go to Thailand and India? Trading in human flesh continues, despite any rhetoric of freedom. It is quite easy for those Godless people who kidnapped Africans, Indians, and other people to now blame it on others in hindsight.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Most of western society today is dependent upon structural adjustment policies imposed on the "Third World". Structural adjustment is just another word for slavery. Except the dictators or pro-western puppets function as the slave lords, while the entire population has to sacrifice its education, health, social and economic well being in order to support the unsustainable lifestyles of the "first world" nations.

The G8 is one of the worst offenders, along with the US. But as with terms like "collateral damages" and "human shields", they find a way to justify their behaviour by blaming the victims. However, anyone familiar with how landlords exploited the poor can easily see the parallel in the way that structural adjustment programs are designed.

Anyone who is interested in slavery in modern times is invited to look at how these policies are used to cripple and enslave entire nations.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

That's considerably overstated.

And counter-productive, IMHO. The idea that the new robber barons are delivering to Americans their way of life and the benefits of the American economy is pernicious.

The West can rid itself - and the planet - of that class of operators without suffering unduly in the daily life of its ordinary citizens, and that's an important fact.

There appears to be a collusion between the oppressed, who want their oppression to at least have had dramatic or significant consequences, and the barons, who want to appear inevitable and necessary to those able to curb their depredations.

The Guatemalans were stepped on in 1954 not for the American way of life, but for a few million extra in profits to United Fruit and maybe - maybe - a penny a pound in supermarket bananas. Likewise in 2004. And the punchline is that bananas might have been better and cheaper, then and now, had the stepping on not happened - the barons have no compunction about robbing from both ends.

Meanwhile, the issue of slavery might be more clearly argued if Muslims in general acknowledged the complicity of official Islam and the continuing strong presence of specifically Muslim commercial entities in the slave trade, including the industrial expansion of it by Western interests colonizing the New World, throughout history and to the present day. Islam in general has no moral ground of complacency even, let alone superiority, in any issues of personal oppression and enslavement.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

compared with

19. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

I'm not sure what you mean by tourists going to India but in Thailand do you mean the sex trade industry? Sex workers or prostitution isn't slave trading. Prostitution isn't chattel slavery.

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So, to you, prostitution and slavery are one and the same? Why is then that Islam condones slavery but not prostitution?

Muslims are godless? Since when?

21. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

One need only look towards Islam and the ME to get the entire enchilada on slavery. Centuries of practice makes one perfect, eh Sam?

22. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Islam opposes both slavery and prostitution. The punishment for those engaging in this is often execution. The Quran, however, clearly makes the exception for those woman forced against their own will, that they be freed and not punished. Muslims are encouraged to liberate such woman from their bondage (by buying their freedom) and even marry them, as they get a double reward from God.

If a woman is forced into prostitution against her own will, this is a type of slavery. It is very common in Thailand, parts of India, and Southeast Asia.

This thread is going severely off topic. I suggest the person who initiated the query of slavery, please create a new thread.

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That is a lie, of course. Many quotes from the Quran are available that condone slavery.

That is, of course, utterly insane.

Scriptural exceptions? Double-rewards from god? :roflmao:

Again, how utterly insane.