On a date: How much of the food on your plate should you eat?????

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Deathfromabove, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Deathfromabove Hopeless and Useless Registered Senior Member

How much is acceptable????, not too much so he thinks your'e a pig and not too little so he thinks you have an eating disorder ?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. original sine Registered Senior Member

As much as you can eat!
    Do you want to spend your time with this person hiding who you really are?
    Oh, but do be considerate of the cost of the meal.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

you want a guy that cares howmuch you eat at dinner?. i dont think you should care. people are way to self conscious these days its like a desiese. my wife eats a decent amount and what i like about her is that she is real. she dont care if people think she eats too much or not enough, if she is hungry and wants to finish off the food then she will do it. if she is not hungry then she will eat as much as she likes and leave whatever.

personaly i will eat like a horse, and if you dont finish your plate then i will for you. after my 4 plates.

peace.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

Nothing.
    Eating implies that you poop, and good girls don't poop.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Stuff your face.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Mom???? Is that you?

Ask what he is having. Order something at about the same price. Eat til you are done. and for gods sake use some manners. Close your mouth when you eat, don't touch his food. Don't suck the food off your fingers, use a napkin. And let him talk about himself. You'll learn a lot.

10. Xev Registered Senior Member

I only date males whose prowess in battle is such that we can feast on manflesh!

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

I'd think that you should try to think about what he can afford to spend for BOTH of your meals and drinks. If he has alot of cash to spend ask him his favorite restraunt then head there. If he wants your favorite one remember his cash then go to that one, what you eat is really up to what you want.

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

We? That sounds like a disturbing relationship :xctd:

13. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

thats no fun!, damnit im glad my generation dont have table manners and rules like this. basicaly you have just told her to sit down, and shut up lol

sucking a bit of sauce off your finger is fine!, so is taking some of your dates food. you have to show some kind of cheeky side and act natural, i hate when somebody is stuffy and reserved.

i can imagine you at the table sipping your wine ever so limited with gulp portions, in the pizzeria ristorante eating your pizza with a knife and fork. dabbing the corners of your mouth with a napkin. and thinking more things in your head than actualy speaking.

peace.

14. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

dont temp me with your seductive wordplay.

peace.

15. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

why does everybody assume the guy pays?, i mean i would be a hypocrite if i said i didnt pay and always offer. but seriously i dont like the way society expects things like this. i mean the majority of women complain about equal rights, they want to be treated the same, but yet they expect the guys to pay, open doors and basicaly not treat them as equals when it comes to them gaining from it.

i mean no offence to women, im just being honest and trying to say it nicely. i do offer to pay, i do pull out chairs for ladies, i do open doors and have the "ladies first kind of approach", but why?, its kind of double standards. and it seems like we give and want equal rights for some things and not others.

anyway sorry back on topic.

peace.

16. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

As much as you want. I'll even go so far as to offer the advice that if this is really a consideration on that particular date, the two of you aren't a good match.

(One of the general problems I have with dating is that I dislike the pretense of it; you don't actually get to know the person you're attracted to or in love with until you're married to them, and it's too late to back out without bringing Hell to bear.)

17. Bells Staff Member

:bugeye:

I have never even thought about it. Eat until you feel you have had enough.

:shrug:

Why are you even thinking about it?

18. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

No, you dork. I just have manners....to a certain point. You touch my food, you're pulling back an extra fork. I don't like wine and I think a lot of people who say they do are pretentious phonies. I'm whiskey or beer. I'm ordering a steak and I'm eating it all, cuz dammit...I like meat. But I'm not picking up the bone and gnawing on it. Not even when we get back to his place.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Not everyone assumes the guy pays; I let my friends pay since we don't worry about money issues between ourselves, but on a date, especially with a guy I hardly know, I prefer to pay my way. If I know him better, we can take turns paying. If I am working, it seems silly to expect someone else to pay.

20. Norsefire Salam Shalom Salom Registered Senior Member

S.A.M, you are female?

21. Xev Registered Senior Member

Damn right. If you want to be treated equally, act like you're a goddamned equal, not some retarded Snow White clone.
    Problem is that it got ingrained that going dutch = not really caring about the girl you're dating, so it ends up being awkward whatever you do.
    Fracking golddiggers spoil it for girls with self-respect.
    That's why I'd rather have a first date be a movie and drinks, so if one person pays for the movie, the other person pays for beer. If that's not workable, I follow Emily Post rules - whoever invites, pays.

22. Bells Staff Member

When I dated, I tended to pay my own way and then when we got to know each other better, we would take turns. There was never a set rule that he had to pay.

23. Xev Registered Senior Member

We are the fighting Uruk-Hai!