Older white women join Kenya's sex tourists

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Ganymede, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

MOMBASA, Kenya (Reuters) - Bethan, 56, lives in southern England on the same street as best friend Allie, 64.

They are on their first holiday to Kenya, a country they say is "just full of big young boys who like us older girls."

Hard figures are difficult to come by, but local people on the coast estimate that as many as one in five single women visiting from rich countries are in search of sex.

Experts say some thrive on the social status and financial power that comes from taking much poorer, younger lovers.

"This is what is sold to tourists by tourism companies -- a kind of return to a colonial past, where white women are served, serviced, and pampered by black minions," said Nottinghan University's Davidson

Many of the visitors are on the lookout for men like Joseph.

Flashing a dazzling smile and built like an Olympic basketball star, the 22-year-old said he has slept with more than 100 white women, most of them 30 years his senior.

"When I go into the clubs, those are the only women I look for now," he told Reuters. "I get to live like the rich mzungus (white people) who come here from rich countries, staying in the best hotels and just having my fun."

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddl...e=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Very interesting. Looks like these Women want to experience someone else besides there own before time catches up with them. I guess Heidi Klum is saying *I told you so*

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Their sexual frustration must be as immense as their risk of catching AIDS.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xev Registered Senior Member

Good riddence to them.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

Xev:
    Good riddence to them.

highly probable

8. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

I thought they went to Jamaica.

9. Zyxoas Registered Senior Member

"I get to live like the rich mzungus who come here from rich countries"

That's some funny stuff!
    :roflmao:

10. DeepThought Banned Banned

Since black men are the poorest ethnic group in the West how is this any different from relationships between white women and black men in the West?

11. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Well, for starters, the poorest ethnic group in the West is still wealthier than the richest ethnic group in subSaharan Africa. Second of all, if you can't see the difference between sex tourism and an actual romantic relationship, I feel sorry for you...

12. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

??? Its not Hispanics? Because I see very few black migrant workers.

13. DeepThought Banned Banned

Don't feel sorry...explain the difference!

Seems pretty clear that they do become romantically involved.

14. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

It's also possible that Native Americans are poorer than blacks, for that matter.

15. DeepThought Banned Banned

So the black man in America is as rich as the white man?

This article is simply prejudiced against Africa. It's the Africa is bad myth.

16. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

I suppose if you consider prostitution to be a form of romantic involvement, then you have a point. But I'll let the actual sex tourists speak for themselves (from the link in the OP):

"It's not love, obviously. I didn't come here looking for a husband," Bethan said over a pounding beat from the speakers.

"It's a social arrangement. I buy him a nice shirt and we go out for dinner. For as long as he stays with me he doesn't pay for anything, and I get what I want -- a good time. How is that different from a man buying a young girl dinner?"

It's not mentioned in this article, but in many of the regions where white women go for sex tourism, it's taboo for a natice to have sex with an outsider, and so these guys wind up ineligible for marriage. They take this risk on the chance that one of these rich white ladies will fall for them and want to marry them and take them home, but it never happens.

17. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

No, it's the Africa is poor reality.

Although it should be mentioned that white female sex tourism is also a big phenomenon in Sri Lanka, the Carribean and various other places with lots of poor colored males.

18. Xev Registered Senior Member

DId you read the article? Every quote from someone involved says something to the effect of "yeah, I'm trading sex for money and cool clothes"

So you're saying that it's incorrect? A story isn't prejudiced just because you dislike it.
    Besides, if anything it makes the white losers who have to pay for sex look bad and exploitative, not the Africans.

19. DeepThought Banned Banned

I bolded the relevant section in your response.

Some of them do get married. I've read articles of these women bringing their African boyfriends back to the U.K.

20. DeepThought Banned Banned

Your trying to steer this away from home.

My point was that the economic status of black men in the West will result in identical relationships being forged here, but we point the finger at Africa because of hypocrisy.

21. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Yes, but that doesn't add up to a point. Both male and female sex tourism are still sex tourism; that lady's point was that nobody cares about male sex tourism.

Yes, but the percentages are extremely small. It's a mistake to pretend that this is anything other than sex tourism.

22. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Yes, I got that the first time around. The problems with your position have already been noted repeatedly: the economic status of black men in the West is not comparable to that of people in Africa. More pertinently, the social position of black men in the West is not comparable to that of people in Africa. Finally, so what? That there are similar "relationships" in the West doesn't detract from this phenomenon.

23. DeepThought Banned Banned

Correct.

So why don't we expose them as well?