OK, so who else is *** with Sam, ...

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by phlogistician, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I believe from my observations it's to do with her posts in certain threads, and that perhaps it could raise questions as to her suitibility as a mod, you will of course however, have to speak with him to be sure.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

And unless I'm provided with evidence, I will not believe in any of the fantastic claims made my theists.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

And after I said I wouldn't discuss it with her due to her brick-y wall-y nature too! I'm a glutton for punishment obviously.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Look just give up, take a couple hits of pot and get back to it later maybe opinions will change with some individual thought on it.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Why not agree to disagree. He is welcome to consider his beliefs as lack of belief in lack of evidence.

9. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Round and round we go.... As Russell said in the essay I quoted earlier, you cannot prove that no god(s) exist, even the ones of Greek and Roman mythology that have few to no believers in modern times. If you cannot prove they do not exist, you should believe in them? Do you believe in them, or are you an atheist when it comes to such ancient gods? Or are you willing to admit that, since you cannot prove they do not exist, they could exist, but the possibility is so vanishingly small as to not be worth worrying about?

10. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

Seeing as the direct translation is "without knowledge" it is considered to mean unknowable. As I told you, I can't prove it either way, I don't KNOW there is not a god. I lack a belief in it based on lack of evidence. If anything it describes exactly what I'm talking about.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Fortunately for Russell there is the position of agnosticism, because making a claim about something you do not know is faith.

Unfortunately for you belief does not require evidence. Once there is evidence there is no belief, there is certainty

12. John99 Banned Banned

Some things are beyond the scope of human capability. What we want to be true and what really is true are two different things.

I know that is part of what makes us human, its a very big part. Its just hope, thats all. Atheism=no such thing my man. NONE.

13. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

It seems to be done to death on this forum really, I thought there was even a sticky thread on definitions of atheism and agnosticism?

14. Enmos Valued Senior Member

So this: "Hmm because I am treating atheists as Dawkins treats theists?"
    is not the real reason then ?

Is the real reason that you feel that people here treat you as you believe Dawkins would ? It's not what you said in the quote.
    You don't treat atheists that don't treat you as Dawkins treats theists, as Dawkins treats theists ? (lol)

15. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

I am not the one who's making any claim about gods existence. No matter how you put it I would still not be defined as a theist. If you do not like the term atheist then fine, use non-theist agnostic, but it's a widely accepted term whether you like it or not.

16. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

So, you're agnostic about the existence of Santa Claus, the FSM, Isis, Zeus, Odin, Quexacoatl, leprechauns, etc?

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats okay, I'm using the current scientific cutoff not the lay definition.

As for "widely accepted", it was widely accepted at one time by the scientific community that lobotomy is worth a Nobel Prize.

18. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Isn't there an atheist/agnostic/theist/smurfist thread you guys should be posting in somewhere?

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

No I consider them as expressions of theism. About hundred thousand prophets before Mohammed you know.

Must be on issues other than religion then, like dubious claims of protecting freedom of expression selectively while spreading nazi propaganda against Muslims.

20. Anti-Flag Pun intended Registered Senior Member

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

I already asked that, do you think they care?

22. Bells Staff Member

I have a suggestion.

If you have problems with how she moderates, you can approach her directly via PM. If that does not resolve the issue, send a PM to one of the administrators with your complaints.

If, however, you have a problem with what she is posting, you can simply refute her argument in that particular thread with facts to back up your own argument. If you think her posts are dishonest, point out the dishonest aspects of her posts in the thread in question, again, with facts and links to back your own argument. That is what a debate is meant to be about.

23. Exhumed Self ******. Registered Senior Member

Finally something came out of this thread! That kid is really cute.

And I agree with you. The lack of progress here has been disturbing enough to warrant giving up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.