Oil Crisis

Discussion in 'Earth Science' started by ck27, Oct 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hypewaders Save Changes Registered Senior Member

It is relevant to the question of exponential consumption vs. finite reserves. There are some humans still reveling in the fantasy that we can just keep consuming finite resources, and basing our economy and nutrition on them for another lifetime or more. OIM and others are high on The Impossible Dream: With at least an inkling, or (rarely) a grudging nod at what exponential consumption means, the only hope for a continued Petroleum Age as we have known it, is through imagining (if not discovering) a petroleum source so bountiful, that we can double our global consumption and pollution again, and double it again... and, duh..(cough) (wheeze) (croak).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Do you even read your own source material? Can you? I'm beginning to wonder.

• In all cases, the petroleum was apparently sourced from Archean shales, generated during the Archean, and migrated before the late Archean or early Early Proterozoic metamorphism occluded fluid pathways. Given this widespread and abundant evidence for hydrocarbon generation and migration in Archean depositional basins, it seems that primordial bacterial biomass, producing labile type I kerogen, was often buried in sufficient quantities to successfully generate and expel petroleum.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dr Mabuse Percipient Thaumaturgist Registered Senior Member

this sure is a long thread...

did any of you figure out the oil crisis?...

can i get a synopsis if you did?...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

Go back and read Golgo13's posts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.