Offensive PETA ad / Animal ethics?

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by Kernl Sandrs, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Gustav Banned Banned

"life feeds on life"

i like that
    lemme try one...

stupid is as stupid does

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Perfect!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

How about this?

Why be stupid, prove the saying wrong.

:shrug:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

James, if you're not going to post here, there's no point in continuing your same stale arguments via PM.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I agree, hence "precautionary principle with regard to 'synthetically based ingredients'"

In other words, don't take the bran out of the wheat, then get operated for diverticulitis and then think all you need is a glass of soluble fiber and you're home free.

At some point it makes sense to reflect...am I missing the basic point of eating natural foods?

Physiology 101 - use it or lose it.

9. Gustav Banned Banned

its occurrence within current context is undefined thus up for grabs.
    even conventionally...

As new discoveries enabled us to study cells and microorganisms, new groups of life were revealed, and the fields of cell biology and microbiology were created. These new organisms were originally described separately in protozoa as animals and protophyta/thallophyta as plants, but were united by Haeckel in his kingdom protista, later the group of prokaryotes were split off in the kingdom Monera, eventually this kingdom would be divided in two separate groups, the Bacteria and the Archaea, leading to the six-kingdom system and eventually to the current three-domain system. The classification of eukaryotes is still controversial, with protist taxonomy especially problematic.

As microbiology, molecular biology and virology developed, non-cellular reproducing agents were discovered, such as viruses and viroids. Sometimes these entities are considered to be alive but others argue that viruses are not living organisms since they lack characteristics such as cell membrane, metabolism and do not grow or respond to their environments. Viruses can however be classed into "species" based on their biology and genetics but many aspects of such a classification remain controversial. (wiki)

despite her assertion, sam feels the need to slap a clause on the phrase..

i too look around for exceptions finding a fairly large one......Autotroph

so ahh...
    why bother?

what we are now is all we will ever be and that dearie shall be the whole of the law

10. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

But for life feeding upon that life, you would not be here.

So yes, why bother, we should kill ourselves cause the autotrophs are the only "true" life.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Good point - so maybe our future is to turn green and start busting out of our clothes - not as a form of aggression, but to expose maximum surface area to the photons. If we can go from chloroplasts to mitochondria, whats to stop the process from being reversed?

Your comment was floating in my brain when I came across this:

I haven't looked at the original publication, but its possible the high isoflavone concentrations could be due to GM soy. There are assertions of accelerated puberty and low fertility with high consumption of soy isoflavones but I'm not familiar with all the research on the subject.

12. Gustav Banned Banned

i knew i could count on you two to work out the technicalities

/smirk

ahimsa
    when do we want it?
    now!

13. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

SAM and AlexG:

I sent you PMs out of courtesy. I do not expect replies. I am no longer participating in this thread.

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If I had to eat only fruit/beans ad nauseum, it would make me feel pretty himsak let me tell you that.

I can do beanofruitarianism for a month, max

15. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Happy Turkey Day All!

Mmmmmmm.......roast Turkey!!!