Offensive Avatars

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Giambattista, Apr 5, 2011.

1. phlogistician Banned Banned

Forums are run for the benefit of the contributors, ... and when they tire of a thread, they'll stop posting, no need for the Mods to intervene.

Seems Tiassa was over modding, and trying to bury the truth, when SAM got caught out in yet another lie.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. phlogistician Banned Banned

So, if I get your angle, you think that there is some doubt over what I saw three years ago, because some time has passed? That I saw a bobblehead, but misinterpreted it as a photograph?

That's a hell of stretch kiddo, and kinda ridiculous. Why don't you get that chip off your shoulder and try a rational character assassination, because this tack is making you look desperate.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. leopold Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

your avatar !
    MY EYES, MY EYES.
    snapped one too many necks eh?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Brief Points

Two points:

• You have no proof of your accusation. You've never even tried to back your accusation. You should feel lucky that we're not all James R, or else I would be obliged to suspend you for lying about me.

• It's true I was over-moderating; I figured a thread that had been off-topic for several days, that derived from a bullshit back-room setup by the administration probably wasn't serving any useful purpose, but Plazma certainly corrected that mistaken notion.​

8. Gustav Banned Banned

i dont give a shit about what you claim to have seen
    what i know is the sole eyewitness report of something seen 3 years ago is inherently unreliable (1)

put up some tangible evidence or shut the frak up, woo woo

(1) the Inherent Unreliability of Eyewitness Testimony - Dr Phlog p123-p245

/cackle

9. Gustav Banned Banned

i could rant but will be content with a.......word up, woo woo!

10. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I'd like to ask some questions on this point. Normally I don't like lies or slander or censorship. However this is a science forum and has guidelines that people agree to follow when they register. I'm not sure how moderator's or the administrator are selected here, however I'm sure they all have qualities that made them good choices.

But conflicts that involve moderator's needs a quick resolution and once resolved needs never to be brought up again, at least in the normal posting categories of this forum.

I'd like to propose an alternate solution, when two or more posters get into very distracting squabbles that seem to carry on forever.

Create a new sub-forum called the “The Cage” and put all the combatants in the cage until they agree the problem has been resolved. Allow all the general forum population to participate as backers, friends, critics or hecklers. If this sub-forum becomes popular enough you might be able to charge admission.

11. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Sure sounds stupid to me Clown.

12. Gustav Banned Banned

sfog aint sf
    this aint where a ticket is issued, a fix is implemented and then closed as resolved

13. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I'm always open to good ideas, where's yours.

14. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Is my avator offensive

15. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I'm sure you went to a lot of trouble to steel it and then make make modifications hoping to get a reaction from the owner of the original avatar. Has it worked?

Other than that, no it's not offensive.

16. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

No it didnt work

17. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

If your positions were reversed, would it have worked on you?

18. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

No I probably would think it cool to an extent which is making me want to change avators. I was going to do yours but I didnt think it would be effective. Maybe someone more sensitive?

19. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

That might be cool, I would be very curious as to what you could do with it? What program do you use to make the modifications with? You also might find a clown picture you like better below.

http://photobucket.com/images/clown/#!cpZZ2QQtppZZ16

http://www.avatarist.com/avatars/Various/Scary/Evil-Clown.html

http://www.iconator.com/tags.php?type=avatar&tag=clown

http://www.coolavatars.net/avatar_767.html

http://avatarfarm.com/fire_avatars/...//www.fotosearch.com/photos-images/clown.html

20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Maybe when the original "owner" sees it he'll get pissed.
    Me? I can't see a damn thing for that hideous glaring blue colour.

It's old hat. [ENC]Avatarism[/ENC] is a long-standing SciForums "tradition". You'll only annoy newbies by doing it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  21. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I've never seen a clown with a blue nose before. That might be cool.

22. phlogistician Banned Banned

You are being ridiculous. Missing the point that the image in question was in plain sight at the time. Go look back at the original thread where the complaint was made and the discussion surrounding it, then get back to me about evidence.

You just have an axe to grind, and are comparing apples to oranges. Give up, and take that chip off your shoulder.

23. phlogistician Banned Banned

And you are being short sighted as usual, because SAM is involved. I know what I saw three years ago! She's dishonestly trying to use three years of history to create ambiguity.

Apart from linking to an image which I think the avatar was cropped from? How would I provide proof, given this bulletin board only stores one, current avatar? If you read the discussion in the original thread, there is discussion of a Swastika which is NOT visible on the avatar SAM claims to be the one in question, but CLEARLY is present on the image I think she cropped. Also, do you think, really, seriously, I would have taken offence to a fucking bobblehead? Really? Get a grip dude.

You did over moderate, and lo and behold it's in a thread where SAM's bullshit is being called. So I think it's YOU who needs to prove your motivations are pure matey, 'cos you have a pattern in your behaviour.

And instead of posting a polite message asking for folk to bring the discussion back on track you tried to bury the thread. I'm calling bullshit on your motive.