Offensive Avatars

Discussion in 'SF Open Government' started by Giambattista, Apr 5, 2011.

1. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

No not like yours. I just like that the people on this forum will change avatars the same as people change the clothes they are wearing. Also I don't mind being offended if it serves a good purpose.

Question? Who's fault is it if a president can't get a good much needed program past congress? Or if it does get past congress but has been changed into a worthless old dog of a program not good for anybody?

I hate the two party system and blame game politics. I hate going to vote against someone instead of voting for someone. But someone needs to make sure the lessor of all the evil candidates gets elected.

What a way to choose the leader of the country I live in and call home.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Maybe you should concentrate on candidates other than the President?
    The Executive branch isn't the only branch of government.

Probably the most corrupt, but not the only.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Giambattista sssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss Valued Senior Member

Are you willing to call Barack Obama the same as George W. Bush?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Why put criminals to jail!

8. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

I've often thought about having Hitler with a Hitler moustache as my avatar but couldn't get Photoshop to work.

9. leopold Valued Senior Member

what's osama doing with that mustache?
    you trying to tell us something?

hitler is what happens when military genius freaks out.
    the next question is "how loaded is it?"

10. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Heh, move over here

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

We give you two votes, one for the MP of your choice, and one for the party of your choice.

Two ways of getting a seat, getting over 5% of the nationwide vote, or winning an electorate seat. Third parties actually make it into power.

11. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Do you think the U.S. would have a problem sending my SS check over seas?

12. keith1 Guest

George Bush + Wealthy Freeloaders + Republican War Debts + Republican Bank Failures = Major cause of deficit today.

Obama is not in the equation.

Obama may not be strong enough to be the solution, but those above who are to blame, should pony up and pay the fine.

Paying the fine = the solution

The cost of collecting the fine should be added to the cost of the fine.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2011
  13. chimpkin C'mon, get happy! Registered Senior Member

Abso-friggin-lutely

Giambattista doesn't want any president to be able to take us to war without an act of congress.
    If he wanted to make the analogy that Obama is the same as Bush, that pic doesn't get that across-he'd need a photoshop of one morphing in to the other.

I know. Do you feel pissed when you show up to vote like I do?I'm like "Hey hon, I need to go participate in our sham democracy today..."

14. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

Hey! If it wasn't for local issues I wouldn't vote at all.

15. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

The critieria for similarity

I would suggest your problem is the criteria by which you assign this similarity. For instance, many who supported Bush in Iraq now criticize Obama in Libya. However, none have yet to answer a simple inquiry: Aside from the fact that American service personnel have been involved in combat, what are the similarities?

I would further note that one of the reasons people are willing to criticize you as a typical Republican is that your arguments seem to be taken from the conservative playbook. For instance:

"This mindset that it's only the 'other side' (Republicans/Democrats) that engages in these tactics is delusional."​

I wonder about the mindset that thinks the fact of being president is commonality enough for bandying about the Hitler accusation.

Especially from the right wing. For all there is to complain about Obama and his support of invasive, belligerent government, conservatives still feel the need to make shit up.

16. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

I just changed my avatar after reading this thread.

peace

17. KilljoyKlown Whatever Valued Senior Member

I got to hand to you. This one's so much better than the last one I can hardly believe it.

:shrug:

18. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Forgive my ignorance - what does it translate as?

19. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

It translatesto "All praise is due to god" Alhamdulilah

Peace.

20. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Well my last Avatar could be seen as Sinful, because It read "God", now my avatar reads "All praise and thanks to god".

I changed it because I thought hmm that might be a little offensive to god, may he forgive me.

peace.

21. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

I hear tell he's into that - it's some of his followers that seem to have issues with it.

22. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

Well he knows my intentions thats what matters, He knows I wasn't claiming to actualy be god, I was just Claiming to speak the word of god.

peace.

23. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Yeah, I figured out what your last avatar meant - combination of Windows Character Map and Google/google translate, and I was fairly sure that I recognized some of the same characters in your new one and seemed to recall seeing it in the context of a Qur'an cover.

Peace be upon you.