# of jobs vs quality?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by darksidZz, May 18, 2007.

1. dixonmassey Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

OK. They probably need to leave USA if that is true. I did it when the dollar was worth more, so it is harder to do now, but still possible for many if they want to.

Probably doing what you are suggesting is a very wise thing to do, as very soon now, the US's "suburban infrastructure" will be the worst in the world for coping with liquid fuel prices. The average "Joe and Jane American” has a few years already of experience with their real salary going down and now is seeing the main asset (their house) lose value in real (inflation adjusted) terms. Some have had drastic reductions in even their nominal salary as their factory closed. Out sourcing is taking a many, if not yet most, of higher pay "white collar" jobs away also. The "MacDonalization" of the USA is already painful and rapidly growing worse.

The wise are getting out while they still can. I did 15 years ago and 5 years ago got much of my money out (into ADRs, which are now, on average in dollars, up 350%. 2/3 of my pension assets, which could not get out for tax reasons, are still in USA and mainly invested in TIPs. )

I enjoy life more here. - I do not mind waiting for the horse drawn buggy in a small town or slow driving on rural dirt road to avoid hitting the cows etc. The year -round selection of fresh fruits and vegetables (dozens I never ate before) from local farmers market (100s all over Sao Paulo exist) is nice. Hard to believe what very pretty girls (don't) wear on the beach. Even the many homeless, sleeping on Sao Paulo's sidewalks seem happy if "their" football team is winning. The whole country stops for "important" foot ball games. They have dozens of holidays US does not have, many related to religion or historic event in the city or state. Everyone has July as a vacation - Most may not have much money but Brazilians know how to enjoy life. To control AIDs, the government gives away millions of free condums. People my age do not pay for public transport and have special short lines in the banks and grocery stores.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2007
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.