Observed words bring to mind pictures?

Discussion in 'Linguistics' started by pljames, Apr 28, 2013.

1. pljames Registered Member

If I know the meaning of a word by looking at it then that's my memory? If I look at food my memory tells me I'm hungry? Hunger is a feeling, but not a emotion? If I look at a word and know it's meaning then I am interpreting the word? I would think that the word relates to the sentence and vice versa? If the word relates to the sentence then I have also interpreted the sentence by one word? Is that like stenography? If emotional words are not used when writing, how does one understand the writers tone? I am studying interpreting a piece by selecting certain words within that piece that bring the whole piece into understanding clearer, is that possible? Paul

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

You cannot understand anyones writing, as your projecting what you think into everything you read.

What i speak about is jibberish to most, but its still true.

Everyone does it, they project what there lens of hate is into what ever they read. Not one person can understand my writings from how i meant it, as i am writing it through my lens. You write and read through yours.

Like how one word may have a thousand different meanings to a thousand people. Most people do not goto the dictionary to find out meanings of words they write, its something they think it means.

This is why i don't really talk to people in the real world, as most out there would have no idea. Most people in this world have never had one original thought in there lifes, and are just repeaters.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buddha12 Valued Senior Member

Like yourself, better look into your mirror at home to see that you are what you write.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. andy1033 Truth Seeker Valued Senior Member

At least i found out some secrets in my life.

I do not listen to anyone unless they have found out something that no one knows.
    So people like richard dawkins hold no interest for me, the geezer is a perfect example of an opportunist.

I only listen to the opinion of someone that has found out something that most others did not. Most are repeaters.

8. pljames Registered Member

Buddha12,
    Excellent point. Paul