Obama vs Ahmedinejad

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mr.Spock, Sep 25, 2008.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Please read the terms of the Balfour agreement. They wanted ALL Palestine and were "disappointed" by what they got. They've been remedying it ever since.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balfour_Declaration_of_1917

And this was waaay before any of them were chucked into ovens and got an excuse for the land grab

Memri? You mean the news circulated "free" by the Israeli intelligence?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

And they didn't get it. And they were attacked and oppressed throughout this period.

Ah, watch the language please. And why might they have felt this was necessary? Because of the kindness their fellow "Abrahamics" so routinely extend them?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Du-uh? Of course they didn't. The Europeans had no right to demand Palestine. The Brits had NO right to stick their arses in and "give" it to them. Maybe the Palestinians should give away the UK to the Iraqis.

Who gives a shit? It was Palestinian land, if the Jews had assimilated rather than treated themselves as guests of every country they lived in, they might have not been marginalised. Instead they are doing to this day what has always made them strangers in every country.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Jews assimilate in many countries, maybe not israel but in many countries some jews who are assimilated citizens have no desire to ever set foot in israel. My step fathers parents are the most jewish jews (with Chicago jew accent and all!) I have known and even they pray for freedom to Palestine every passover.

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm referring to the zionists. I know many Jews who have left Israel because they find it morally insupportable. However, I have noticed [even in Chicago, for instance] that many Jews will live separately from other people. They also have a strange practice of selling their homes only to other Jews to maintain this segregation

And not all Chicago Jews are anti-Israel:

http://www.richardsilverstein.com/t...go-jews-force-museum-to-close-israel-exhibit/

If the same thing had been done for a Muslim exhibit, it would be all over the blogs all over the world. Can you imagine an Iranian American demanding something like that? Or a Saudi protesting defamation of "her country"?

9. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Well a survey would be nice, considering my stepfather grandparents lived in a standard mix neighborhood (as mix races as can get amounts upper class/doctors that is) and they sold their house to some random people, if I remember they were from New Orleans (but they definitely were not poor New Orleaners to get a house like that).

I never said they were, I meant Chicago Jew simply because of how distinct the accent is.

Sure I can, what were those cartoon riots about anyways?

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Here is a health related survey:

http://www.jewswire.com/Detailed/First_study_of_health_indicators_in_two_Chicago_Je..._81.html

Reform Judaism encourages living in non-Jewish neighborhoods:

http://www.allacademic.com/meta/p_mla_apa_research_citation/1/0/8/7/6/pages108761/p108761-5.php

Exactly.

11. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

They weren't Europeans in the sense of their origin.

Ah! Jewish people sometimes will not mix with those who persecute them, oppress them or kill them. How unpolite of them.

...Maybe they deserve some oppression? :shrug:

(That was sarcasm, by the way.

)

12. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

S.A.M.

Well Christian fundamentalist live in closed communities too, so I don't see how that makes orthodox Judaism represent all jews except for "reform" jews.

As for the cartoons, if jews in several nations had a riots over an exhibit you bet it would be in the news.

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Can you name any "Christian fundamentalist communities" in Chicago? And its not "Orthodox Judaism". Those are not Hasidic Jews you see at street corners on State Street with pro-Israel posters and demos.

Not if the exhibit was removed, when they asked it.

14. John99 Banned Banned

thats how most groups of people live in U.S. i assume the same for Europe and where different groups of people are allowed to live.

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You mean in the US Christians, Muslims and Jews live in segregated communities?

16. John99 Banned Banned

Not due to religion but because of ethnicity, mainly in big cities like Chicago. It really depends on a few factors but it is common to see Indians living amongst Indians and other ethnic groups doing the same. it is not segregation at all because it is how they prefer to live.

Contrary to opinions on this board the U.S is not fixated with religion and people dont give religious differences a second thought. That is what the media sells to people outside the U.S because they eat it up.

17. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I've lived in Chicago. Most people have settled there by ethnicity, from waves of migration, but most of the communities are mixed. There is no "Christian" community. Go to any church and you'll see people of all ethnicity and religion there, for anything from community service to off-Broadway plays. You go to a synagogue and you'll see only or mostly Jews living around it.

18. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Why Chicago? I can name Christan fundamentalist communities in the area such as the Illinois amish.

I don't see how that changes things. It not hard to imagine a Jewish Art museum removing items that it gets complaints from other jews. Might as well be wonder the logic behind Bill Clinton requesting something removed from his presidential library and the library conceding.

19. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

They move into other communities and ensure they are segregated? Where?

Its only one example. Zionist groups are rampant in the US.

20. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

You keep changing the definition: now Poles, Irish, Chinese, Italians in America during the 1880-1940s qualify as "move into other communities and ensure they are segregated" its just now those segregated communities have largely dissipated (except for blacks and whites). In fact white people move into and ensure segregation in the USA even after civil rights were in placed.

So are Muslim groups, they just don't have the political and financial power of Jews, but their calls for having autonomous sharia law scares the fuck out of most Americans.

21. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

These communities did not deliberately choose to segregate, it was their secular neighbors that forced them to. Which is why little Italy today is not made of Eyetaliyans and what used to be Greektown is not today predominantly Greek. See the difference?

Yup and these same Americans are not "scared" of a group of people who consider another country owing of their first fealty.

22. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

You think Jews choose to segregate in that situation either?

No, most Americans are usually fascist enough to be pissed off by any citizen that claims another country comes before the USA, Israel is special because enough Americans are willing to support it so that jesus can come back, jesus comes before country for those ones, yes there logic is stupid, but it does not negate the wrongness of Sharia law in in the secular USA.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Umm yeah? Or do you think Chicago and New York are rabidly anti-semitic cities?

Secular USA? Heh.