Obama Leads Secret Money Recipients

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sandy, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandy Banned Banned

A torrent of secret money is flooding into the leading presidential campaigns, with more than $118 million, or 1/4 of the total raised in this cycle, banked without disclosure of who gave the funds or where the donations originated.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

The money is coming from hundreds of thousands of donations of $200 or less, which have been widely praised for democratizing the system for funding White House bids. However, the surge in low-dollar gifts has come at the cost of transparency, since federal law only requires campaigns to itemize donations when a donor gives more than $200.

Obama leads the pack with such small and secret donations, pulling in about $31 million during 2007. Paul got about $17 million. Hillary about $11 million.

His web site allows donors to choose an address in one of 227 possible countries or territories, including Iran, Iraq, Zimbabwe, and Yemen.

http://www.nysun.com/article/71113?page_no=1

Yeah, they're just donating because Obama is fresh and exciting. My @ss.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

your source said the syria and occupied terrtories was ron paul

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

This is wonderful news.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

Are you that desperate. I've donated to his campaign on 3 seperate occasions. Each time I donated $50. So what!! I know you're compelled to exercise your racist demons on a daily basis. We've had enough of your Obama threads, Oprah threads, Wesley Snipes threads, and daily mexican bashing threads. We fucking get it, so why do you post your redundant hate mongering distortions somewhere elese. As we attempt to have intellectual conversations here. That article you linked doesn't say Obama has broken any laws. You're just looking for any reason you can vent your racism. You don't come to learn from others. You come here to peddle hate. If I was a fucking mod you would of been banned months ago. You're a hater, no one here can learn anything from you but hate. Say something smart for change, or atleast try to say 3 words without Slandering someone.

8. sandy Banned Banned

You've been personally attacking me since I got here. Obsess much?

I can't stand Obama. I think he's hiding way more than we know. Thank God we are discovering these things about him now. You think it's ok to take money from terror-supporting countries? I don't.

Obama has been outed for his Rezko association. Did you see the list of muslim/Arab contributors? This most recent discovery is just another strike against him. It's our JOB to find out EVERYTHING we can about ALL POTUS candidates.

I don't care if he's green. I don't like him. You can stop your ridiculous "racist" insults.

Obama: bad for Illinois. Worse for America.

9. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

But do you have any proof that Obama is actually getting money from these countries? I dont think so.

10. sandy Banned Banned

You're right. I have removed that comment.

11. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

I don't let closet racists go un-chanellenged on this forum. EVER. Get use to it.

So has Bush, 19 of the Highjackers were from Saudi Arabia. The Saudi Royal family has held telethons for palestinian suicide bombers. But your overt bias will continue to blind you to these facts. Move on.

Did you see the money Rezko donated to Bush? Has Bush returned one red cent? Once again, your overt bias will continue to blind you from the truth.

All of the threads you make disparages a Black or Minority 99% of the time. Once again, your overt bias is blinding you from your own immoral actions.

To bad the electorate doesn't give a hoot what you think.

12. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

There. Fixed that for ya!

13. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Im sure the other four were Iraqis...right? Right?

14. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

I was listening to Rush today and he said the other 4 were from Iran.

15. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

What thats amazing....after that they will be North koreans.

16. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

How did you guess? Neal Boortz claims to have shocking new evidence that links the 4 Iranians to terrorist training camps in North Korea

www.boortz.com

17. 15ofthe19 35 year old virgin Registered Senior Member

1 from Lebanon
    1 from Egypt
    2 from United Arab Emirates
    15 from Saudi Arabia

18. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

That's Liberal propaganda. The other 4 were from Iran, trained in North Korea. Now you're providing aid and comfort to the terrorists by trying to deflect blame from the real evil doers

19. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

I think 15ofthe19 is one of them!!!!

20. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If the only proof is a check box on a website, I have no doubt that Republicans are giving these donations and checking questionable countries just to make Obama look bad. Hold on, people, there's going to be alot more of this before it's done.

21. one_raven God is a Chinese Whisper Valued Senior Member

It shows the popular support he has.
    "Secret money"?

You said yourself there is nothing illegal or improper going on, why imply there is something underhanded happening by labeling it "secret money".

I personally would much rather see hundred of thousands of small compaign donations, rather then huge donations to campaigns from Corporate PAC's, rich supporters, political parties and Washington power players.

Ideally, I wish EVERY donation had to be transparent, but it shows your vile level; of bias to being this up and talk nothing about the millions in soft and corrupt money taken over the years - not to mention money given to senatorial, congressional and gubenatroial races from people who can't even vote for them.

You want to hanf Obama in effigy because he has a lot of poor, individual supporters...
    Three cheers for democracy!!

Scumbag.

22. sandy Banned Banned

Republicans won't give a dime to Obama. He has enough connections to muslim and Arab donors without our help.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/watchdogs/769576,CST-NWS-watchlist31.article

23. Ganymede Valued Senior Member

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1680192,00.html

/yawn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.