Obama a Democrat Screws the Military Again

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Buffalo Roam, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

As to simplistic world, joe yours is even more simplistic ,you divide the world in to the Democrats do no wrong, and the republicans do no right.

As to pj, it isn't that statement alone, read the rest of his many post, they are nothing but a compellation of excuses as to why He can't.

And it come down to the fact that it is always something else to blame:

Here is pj's motto:

i know it is fucking possible but to think that everyone can do it is stupid and naive

With that kind of thinking, He will always be waiting on someone else to do for Him, because he thinks it is owed to Him.

Joe, tell me if you really needed to take care of your Mother, what would you be doing?

If the situation was that She was really dependent on you, would you be sitting behind a computer lipping off to the rest of the world on the fact that you can't find a job? to support you needy Mother?

Having been trough some hard time, myself, I took any job necessary to keep food on the table and a roof over my families head.

So when pj tells me I owe him, over my son, because he has some bad luck, and that he can't over come his bad luck with out help,(he don't want help, He wants someone else to deliver it on a silver platter) he is making excuses, and it is all wrapped up in these statements, and show exactly what and where His head is.

His Mother is in dire medical straights, and He admits that:

i could probably try harder but i was never talking about my self personally in this thread

Even here He is not taking responsibility.

Now joe, you claim to have been the band aid for a bunch of grunts, tell me what they would make of pj, and his attitude of:

There isn't on of them who wouldn't agree with me that you do what ever you got to do to take care of your own.

But there isn't one of them that would say you have to do it for Him, if He is sitting on his ass, not doing His damnedest to take care of it on His own.

pj, isn't doing his damnedest to do it on his own, he spends to much time on the computer complaining, and telling everyone how brilliant he is.

One of pj excuses for not having a job was because he didn't have a car, and couldn't afford one.

Now one last question, pj claims that he has to take care of his mother, but his family is well off, and his dad is still around, from his own post:

Now again why can't pjdude find a job? He has to take care of his Mother?

Family well off, Daddy is still around, and pj wants everyone to feel sorry for Him?

Yes, tell me what the Grunts would say to Him, they would eat him alive, grease back his hair, pin his ears and swallow him whole, and never even belch.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Buffalo Roam, you demonstrate my claim perfectly. You cannot percieve a world other than Democrat and Republican. Since I do not fit into your version of Republican I must by definiton be a liberal Democrat.

If you paid any attention to my posts you would have know that I have been critical of Obama as well. I think his selection of Geithner was a bad choice. And I think Geithner's actions to date bear me out on that issue. Now it is up to Obama to fix his error. This just proves my point that your thinking and reasoning skills are very one dimensional.

As for PJ, you do not know his circumstance. I do not know his circumstances. His retroflection may be correct, then again it may not be correct. Yet that does not stop you from making assumptions and unfounded conclusions about PJ. My point with PJ was not to say he is wrong or right. It is to say that you are way too premature in coming to conclusions about PJ...which is typical of they way you think.

In medicine facts are your friends. And good medicine always requires a curious mind. Because as in life, in medicine sometimes things are now always as they may appear...especially when you get into the workings of the mind.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Balbutive is a word for baby talk, such as in the following example:

The account of Creation, Calvin believed, was an example of balbutive (baby talk), which accommodated complex and mysterious processes to the mentality of simple people so that everybody could have faith in God.

(Armstrong, 289)

Notes:

Armstrong, Karen. A History of God: The 4,000-Year Quest of Judaism, Christianity & Islam. New York: Knopf, 1994.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

You disagree with Obama about Gietner, big hairy deal,

Now what about the fact that Obama and the Democrats have just out stripped any deficit spending that Poor George and the Evil Republicans have done for the last 8 years in one fel swoop, and are set to do it again before the summer is out.

What about the fact that, Obamas Stimulus Plan 1, will cost 3+ trillion dollars by the time all the interests and cost are paid?

Obamas bill has more deficit spending in this one bill, than the Total cost of the War on Terror or,

Crunching the inflation adjusted numbers, we find the bailout has cost more than all of these big budget government expenditures – combined:

• Marshall Plan: Cost: $12.7 billion, Inflation Adjusted Cost: $115.3 billion
    • Louisiana Purchase: Cost: $15 million, Inflation Adjusted Cost: $217 billion
    • Race to the Moon: Cost: $36.4 billion, Inflation Adjusted Cost: $237 billion
    • S&L Crisis: Cost: $153 billion, Inflation Adjusted Cost: $256 billion
    • Korean War: Cost: $54 billion, Inflation Adjusted Cost: $454 billion
    • The New Deal: Cost: $32 billion (Est), Inflation Adjusted Cost: $500 billion (Est)
    • Invasion of Iraq: Cost: $551b, Inflation Adjusted Cost: $597 billion
    • Vietnam War: Cost: $111 billion, Inflation Adjusted Cost: $698 billion
    • NASA: Cost: $416.7 billion, Inflation Adjusted Cost: $851.2 billion

http://blog.heritage.org/2009/02/12/true-cost-of-stimulus-327-trillion/

TOTAL: $3.92 trillion

True Cost of Stimulus: $3.27 Trillion
    Posted February 12th, 2009 at 11.08am in Ongoing Priorities.
    All of the major news outlets are reporting that the stimulus bill voted out of conference committee last night has a meager $789 billion price tag. This number is pure fantasy. No one believes that the increased funding for programs the left loves like Head Start, Medicaid, COBRA, and the Earned Income Tax Credit is in anyway temporary. No Congress under control of the left will ever cut funding for these programs. So what is the true cost of the stimulus if these spending increases are made permanent?

Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) asked the Congressional Budget Office to estimate the impact of permanently extending the 20 most popular provisions of the stimulus bill. What did the CBO find? As you can see from the table below, the true 10 year cost of the stimulus bill $2.527 trillion in in spending with another $744 billion cost in debt servicing. Total bill for the Generational Theft Act: $3.27 trillion.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

From the Congressional Budget Office.

You disagree with Obama about Gietner,

Really? a curious mind? and where is your curiosity about the history of the Democrats and this current fiasco.

Where is your curiosity about the Democrats and their Connections to Fannie Mae and Frieddy Mac, and the stone walling that they did to stop any investigation and correction into what became the straw that broke this resession wide open.

Where is your curiosity about the Democrats who defended Fannie and Freddy:

YouTube - Shocking Video Unearthed Democrats in their own wo...
    Democrats in their own words Covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac Scam that caused our Economic Crisis. At a 2004 hearing see Democrat after Democrat ...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs - 127k - Similar pages

Did your curiosity lead you to this fact, that the President called 17 time for Reform of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac?

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2008/09/bush-called-for-reform-of-fannie-mae.html

Where is your curiosity about all of the Democrats who stuffed Millions of Dollars into their Pocket from Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac?

Millions of Tax Payers Dollars:

Franklin D. Raines, chairman and chief executive officer of Fannie Mae from 1998 to 2004. Raines, who served as director of the Office of Management and Budget under President Clinton.

." The New York Times reported two year ago that regulators "have said that of the $90 million paid to Mr. Raines from 1998 to 2003 at least $52 million—more than half—was tied to bonus targets that were reached by manipulating accounting."

Jamie S. Gorelick, whose official résumé describes her as "one of the longest serving Deputy Attorneys General of the United States," a position she held during the Clinton administration.

she joined Fannie Mae in 1997 as vice chair and departed in 2003. For her trouble, Gorelick collected a staggering $26.4 million in total compensation, including bonuses.

Mr. Democrat James A. Johnson, who ran Fannie Mae from 1991 to 1998, served as vice chairman from 1990 to 1991, and earlier worked as a managing director at Lehman Bros. and for Vice President Walter F. Mondale. He currently leads the American Friends of Bilderberg and made news earlier this summer when he had to resign as vice-presidential-candidate vetter for Barack Obama "

Johnson earned nearly $21 million from Fannie Mae in 1998.

William M. Daley, son of former Chicago Mayor Richard J. Daley and brother of current Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley. Daley worked as special counsel to President Clinton and chairman of Al Gore's 2000 presidential campaign.

As part of the "leave no Democrat behind" campaign, Johnson's Fannie Mae hired Walter Hubbell, son of Webster L. Hubbell, in 1994. Walter Hubbell got his job, the Times' Stevenson reports, "after Mr. Johnson and other executives received calls from Administration officials—including Mickey Kantor, who was then the United States trade representative (Clinton Administration)—urging them to do so.

Ellen Seidman, Fannie Mae senior vice president, who worked as director of the Office of Thrift Supervision; Wendy Sherman, president of the Fannie Mae Foundation, who was counselor to Secretary of State Madeleine Albright; Dan Crippen, who lobbied for Fannie Mae after heading the Congressional Budget Office; Ann Logan, executive vice president, who was a policy adviser to Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass., in the 1980s; Thomas Nides, senior vice president, who served as chief of staff to both U.S. Trade Representative Mickey Kantor and Speaker Tom Foley, D-Wash.;* and Eli Segal, director, who was a senior adviser to President Clinton.

Yes, joe, curiosity....where is your curiosity about the Democrat, you show plenty of that if it is a Republican....But you seem to have a curious lack of curiosity when it comes to Democrats.

Yes, joe who paints the world in Republican and Democrat,

I don't have to, you do it for me,

I just point out the lack of paint, tar and feathers applied to the Democrats and Obama by people like you.

Yes joe, where is your curiosity about the Democrats??? Hmmmmm???

8. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Buffalo Roam and pjdude1219:

Please conduct your personal discussion by PM, not in the thread.

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes Tiassia, and your very good at it, a great to match your intelligence level.

10. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Rubber/glue?

Oh, heavens ... rubber/glue?

That's quite the response. You sound so grown up!

Now then, would you care to address the proposition—

When our neighbor Mr. Roam sits up sweating at night, straining his brain to think up balbutive insults to sling at Republicans—you know, whatever the conservative equivalent of the "Demorats" and other right-wing radio idiocy happens to be—we might be able to start giving such assertions as "I am as pissed at the Repubs as I am at the Demorats" a diarrhea squirt's worth of credibility.​

—or do you intend to keep on lying to us?

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, continue on......you have again proven your expertise.

Not only do you excel in your babblative demonstration, but now you demonstrate the juvenile trait of the tantrum.

Like most small children, not totally agreed with, you demand that I conform to your puerile demands or you will continue to repeat your babblative question ad nauseum.

You are a expert at this tactic, and have honed it to perfection with constant use against those who disagree with you.

12. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

There is just one little problem with that diatribe...a lot of it is not true. The other part is not relevant.

Obama has only been in office for one month. Yet you limbaugh, hannity and others are trying to him with everything they can imagine and publish it as truth when in fact is nothing but bold faced lies.

Two the nation faces an incredible crisis of confidence and economics...and the two are related. Instead of trying to unite and face the crisis together as Americans, you and your Republican coherts try to do what you have alwas done...divided the nation into us and thems and used the crisis to your personal advantage.

That is as low as I can imagine. Obama is trying to restore confidence and lead. And that is what we now need. It will be expensive, but it will be even more expensive if we let it fester like an untreated wound.

This problem is not a problem with Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac. It is about an errosion of confidence brought about by a failure of George II to lead and enforce existing law. It is because of neglect. If you had any patriotism you would support what heals the nation and not seek to divide and subvert the nation.

And again you post clearly demonstrated you one dimesnional thinking. I am not sure you are capable of even understanding anything but Democrats are bad....Republicans are good. And again that is not the issue.

13. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Yes, joe....not true? one dimensional thinking?.....Thank you for a fine example of one dimensional thinking, and being divorced from the reality of the corruption that is systemic in the Democratic Party.

Yes, one dimensional joe, you are a prime example of the Republicans do nothing right, and the Democrats do nothing wrong partisan hack thinking.

Yes, you show a amazing lack of curiosity about the Democrat.

joe, you have never voted for a Republican have you?

14. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Again, Buffalo Roam you are missing the issues.

First I never said Republicans never do anything right...you did. If you read my posts, you would note that I liked Regan. The man could lead. He however did nothing to shrink government nor solve a lot of critical issues like deficit spending and healthcare. There was a huge difference between his rhetoric and his actions. But he did lead, and he did make people feel good to be American...more than I can say for George II.

And before that I voted for Nixon, not once but twice. The Republican Party of today is not what it once was unfortunately. The George I and II administrations ushered in a travesty which has become the Republican Party of today. My Aunt, a staunch Republican all of her life, is totaly and utterly disgusted with what calls itself the Republican Party today. The party you staunchly defend.

As hard as it is for you to get of that one dimesnional thinking....it is not all one way or the other.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  15. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

And Obama has now expanded the deficit by a minimum of 1 trillion Dollars....that is on His watch, Obamas, nothing to do with Bush or the Repubs.

As to your Aunt, I totally agree with Her about what calls it self the Republican party, today, but the path Obama and the Democrats want to take is not the answer.

Again under Obamas watch the Deficit has just went up by a minimum of 3 trillion dollars with this so called Stimulus, those are the numbers from the CBO.

And by the end of the summer Obama wants to do it again.

You want to say that you took a oath to defend the Constitution, well show me in the constitution were any of this is authorized.

The War is something that is Authorized by the Constitution, Medicare is Not,

Defending the Boarders of the United States is in the Constitution, Social Security is not.

Treating with Foreign Governments is in the Constitution, Bailing out the Banks and Wall Street isn't.

The power to tax is in the Constitution, the power to save the individual from his own foolishness in taking on to much debt, and than being bailed out by the Government isn't.

Yes, this seems to be the favorite refrain from liberals lately, I would loved to have heard you when RR was in office.

What you say 20 years later about your love of RR, well lets say, I have my doubts.

Obama isn't following anything that resembles any of the Policies Ronald Reagan, Obama has just signed a bill that is going to blow such a hole in the deficit that our children are going to be paying for this for the next 6 generations.

You want to tell me that the Democrats only want to go back to the Reagan Tax levels, and that Reagan's Tax cut to those levels didn't ruin the Economy, well guess why? Can you put your finger on it?

The reason that the Reagan tax levels didn't destroy the Economy was because they were tax cuts, down from a higher level to a lower level and the extra money made the economy boom!

Money went into the economy through the People by Investments and spending from the People.

Obama and the Democrats tax increases take money out of the Economy, pure plain and simple, at a time when we need the people to have more money, Obama and the Democrats are going to take it, and give it to people who overspent their incomes and bought houses they couldn't afford, (And the indications are, the many of those who have been bailed out are right back in foreclosure because they don't have the income to even pay the lower rates)

Obama and the Democrats are set to start a whole new government health care system (just look at Medicare and Medicaid on how well the Federal Government handled that), and take even more money out of the system.

Tell me where there is any fiscal reasonability in this plan, the cost as project by the CBO just for this part of the Bail Out is 2.75 trillion dollars, and where is that money going to come from?

The Government Printing Press, that is where, can you say inflation, a truck full of dollars to buy a loaf of bread.

Gold at one time sold for $32.00 a ounce, and on Feb. 20, it went over $1000.00 a ounce.

Does that tell you anything about the Federal Reserve Bank?

Does that tell you anything about Obamas plan?

The Market dropped 250 point today, to just above 7000, does that tell you any thing about Obamas and the Democrats plan?

Now one little secret, I am a Conservative, not a Republican, George isn't a conservative by any measure, and I opposed most of the spending that He shepherded through the Congress, But George was the man we needed for 9/11.

I didn't agree on the Handling of the War on many points, starting with not finishing Afghanistan before dealing with Saddam, but what disgusted me even more was the back biting and political opportunism used by the Democrats to ham string the Military and Conduct of the Foreign Policy for the last 8 years.

The President lead, and set the Policy, not the Democrats in Congress.

For the last 8 years all I have heard is how patriotic it is to disagree with the President, and His policies, so now when I disagree with the President , the Democrats, and their policies, I am suppose to shut the DUCK up, and support any thing the Messiah Obama, and the Democrats wants to do in the name of Bipartisanism.

16. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

There is a spark of hope for you in your last post Buffalo Roam.

Obama has been in office for one month. And when he took office he had an economy on the brink of an unprecedented disaster. Now I don't have time to give you an economics lesson and I don't fault you for not having a background in economics...many folks don't. But the tired and true prescription for an economy in which we find ourselves is stimulus.

You can argue about how the money is being spent. And I certianly amd disappointed in the bill. But it is Obama's to prove. And I will give him the benefit of the doubt. He has also said he wants to half the deficit in four years. So he understand the need for frugality, but now is not that time.

The time for frugality was four years ago even two years ago. But that didn't happen. We can argue and blame for what should have happened but didn't. But that does nothing for us today. We need to pragmatic and do what we need to do to get out of this mess.

Do I think Obama did everything perfectly since assuming office? Obviously not. He has made mistakes and I think his greatest mistake is Geithner. But as an executive he needs to manage Geithner and make him the kind of Secretary of the Treasury we need. If Obama cannot do that, he needs to get rid of Geithner.

I personally belive the best way to allocate services and resources is with free markets. But this country has not seen free markets in a very long time. Because special interests get in government and skew the markets to their favor (e.g. prescription drugs, doctors, etc.)...getting government to act as their agent to restrict competiton. And the only solution to these market restricting activites is to socialize them or additional regulation as we regulate other monopolies and oligopolies. Socialization is the ultimate outgrowth of corruption in government.

Some of the other stuff in you post was really not relevant. The price of gold was artifically fixed at 32 dollars per ounce by law back in early 1900s. And the price of gold goes up and it goes down. This is not the first time it has hit 1k.

As for the consitution you know that it affords congress the right to make law and collect and spend money. If it chooses to spend money on a Medicare or Medicaid program, so be it. It is within their right to do so even though the Consitution does not specifically mention Medicare or Medicad. ..so not relevant.

17. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Obama is not Reagan, the Democrats are not conservative, and their plan screws our children.

And unless we have free markets, something opposed by Obama, Democrats and Liberals, we are pissing in the wind.

It is and was the Democrats, who have placed the most damaging controls on the Markets, It was the Democrats who blocked any reform of Fannie Freddie Fuck up, It was Democrats who dreamed up FFFU, and then set the policies about lending to every TDH who could make their mark, those who didn't have the means of paying for the Homes they were buying.

It was Democrats who dreamt up the policies that allowed for the movement of those bad instruments into the Market, and that is the hole in the dike which brought this all down, that doesn't excuse many Republicans who weren't willing to raise absolute hell over what the Democrats did and supported going on in FFFU, but it was the Liberals and Democrats, and Obama right along side them who failed to take action before this absolute fiasco.

And the Bail Out is nothing but a earmarked, budget buster, that will do no good, and set the stage for massive inflation as all that Money is launched off the printing press, and the ink hasn't even dried.

I am going to give Obama all the slack that the Democrats gave Bush, and like the Democrats and Liberals I am going to exercise my Patriotic Duty and Make Know in a loud and obnoxious manner any time I don't agree with the Policies of Obama and His administration,

Tax Cheats included, yes just look at the high moral standard of the Democrats in Office, and who have been forwarded to the Obama Administration, can you say Hypocrite.

Actually the Hope is for you, as you seem to have some recognition of my point.

18. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

That is fine Buffalo Roam, I have every confidence you will make your opinions known. But now you are back to bad guy - good guy. The biggest fiscal disasters in recent year are fully attributable to Republicans...Medicare Prescription Drug Bill and the bungled wars and the Banking crisis. Actually both parties are to blame for the current bank crisis.

Just when I start to think there may be hope for you Mr. Buffalo Roam, then you go and take four steps backward. But I will keep hoping.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

19. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Are you smoking something illegal here? There is no kangaroo court here. All the Military Tribunals were being held in accordance with the Geneva Conventions which is how it is supposed to be done with Prisoners of War. There is no secret evidence and most countries in the wrld do not view waterboarding as torture. Especially the countries from whence these people come.

20. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Accommodation

Is that the smell of desperation?

Seriously, Mr. Roam, think about it for a minute. There's Texas Bob with his "NObama", or you with your "Demorats" and "Fannie Freddie Fuck Up". Really, it has something of a playground rivalry aspect to it.

What's next? Shall I put my hair in pigtails for you? You'll have to bring your own inkwell.

Anyway, sorry that I can't even get the right insult out of my mouth. I'll try to dumb it down for you in the future.

21. Billy T Use Sugar Cane Alcohol car Fuel Valued Senior Member

Where do you get this idea form? The prisoner just released to England is claiming 7 years uncharged with any crime and torture in several secrete foreign detension camps. US has admited "rendition flights" to these camps did occur. I am not stating his claims are true, but only calling your attention to the official refusal of both the British and the US to give any details as the evidence is secrete and to release it would, so they state, compromise national security. Certainly* there is secrete evidence - that is the US and British position in this case.
    ------------------------
    *Assuming the US government and Brits are not lying about the existance of secret evidence they can not release.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
  22. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Well as to bad guy good guy just read you own post:

The biggest fiscal disasters in recent year are fully attributable to Republicans...Medicare Prescription Drug Bill

The fiscal disaster are from long term programs by the Democrats, FFFU which goes all the way to the Carter Administration, and became a reward to the Democratic bagmen, to pay them off, all you have to do is look at the list of board members, Democrat and Republican, but mostly Democrat.

James A. Johnson (1991-1998) Franklin Raines (1999-2004) Daniel Mudd (2005-2008)

These are the heads of FFFU for the last 17 years, all Democrats, so where does the buck stop here?

By count there were 5 Democrats:

Franklin D. Raines, Jamie S. Gorelick, James A. Johnson, William M. Daley, and Walter Hubbell, all Democrats

vs:

2 Republicans:

John Buckley, and Robert B. Zoellick.

Out of the top 25 congressmen who received campaign donations 16 were Democrats, and 9 were Republican.

So again tell me who is responsible for most of this mess?

4 out of the 5 CEO's of FFFU were Democratic connected Consigliere, getting their payoffs for loyalty to the Democrat Capofamiglia.

Yes, the Republicans?

Do the research.

But I also hold the Repubs to task for not stopping the Democrats in this rape of the American Taxpayer, but this belongs to the Democrats, lock, stock and Barrel, starting with Jimmy the Peanut Carter, and the Democratically controlled Congress.

Yes, and just listen to the Democrate defend FFFU just before it blew all to hell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs

http://sensibleviews.wordpress.com/...eeping-of-fannie-mae-and-freddie-mac-in-2004/

23. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

Medicare Prescription Drug program is not long term?

I listened to the senators question the Fed Chair today. I heard some pretty stupid questions....mostly from Republicans trying not to better the country but score political points...was sad. And not one asked anything about Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac as the cause of our current problems....at least they knew that was a dead dog.