Obama’s executions without judicial review

Discussion in 'World Events' started by StrawDog, Mar 8, 2012.

1. StrawDog disseminated primatemaia Valued Senior Member

ar·bi·trar·y   [ahr-bi-trer-ee] adjective, noun, plural ar·bi·trar·ies.
    adjective
    subject to individual will or judgment without restriction; contingent solely upon one's discretion: an arbitrary decision.
    decided by a judge or arbiter rather than by a law or statute.
    having unlimited power; uncontrolled or unrestricted by law; despotic; tyrannical: an arbitrary government.
    I would call it what it is - murder.
    On a battlefield, in the heat of reciprocal combat - "Due process" is not something that is top of mind or even a reasonable notion.
    Yes, I think you are likely correct - other than abiding by acceptable ROE.
    Shooting or droning unarmed combatants is unacceptable. These are serial offenses with no end in sight.
    Thus each and every civilian is a potential target and thus the need for due process.
    Then bring them to trail and deal with this crime.
    No, the murder of innocents is taboo.
    They evidently had their reasons. These serial wars of aggression and FP indiscretions way precede the advent of AQ.
    I would assume that as the leader of the free world, it should be setting the moral example, and obviously, if one stops creating enemies, the perceived threat would diminish if not dissipate?
    Apparently so if you are referring to the fatwas.
    I concede.
    But this happens none the less, right?
    Is it OK for AQ along with Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Qatar to violate the sovereign rights of Syria?
    Of course.
    Well said.
    Wars are for barbarians.
    In the sense that the location for conducting such a "war" is indiscriminate and thus we see the serail targeting of weaker nations that fall into FP agendas.
    Of course.
    The facts are that terrorist attacks against innocents flouts international law, as does wars of aggression and torture. In that context my point is valid.
    The perversity of logic is pervasive. It seems AQ is heavily involved in toppling Syria, with nary a condemnation and may get a political foothold in Syria.
    Of course.
    No. The only circle is the vicious circle that is perpetuated. For every civilian killed in every country on the hitlist, you gain more and more anti Americanism amongst these peoples that leads to the extremism of 9/11 in the first instance. The solution is obvious.
    Bollocks. The American people do not have a clue what their government is up to.
    Read Ron Paul.
    You are indeed astute. Beautifully said.
    How does one take that sentiment seriously when AQ`s involvement in the Syrian violence is overlooked.
    No, but you are waging pointless wars, condoning extra judicial murder and torture in response to this perceived threat, rather than attempting to limit or reverse anti American sentiment that could well entirely remove the threat.
    Much like the AQ & the Syrian Opposition is doing in Syria with Western support.
    But no one is prosecuted or held accountable. There is your moral benchmark.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.