Nypd, Fuck Yeah!

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by tablariddim, Nov 26, 2006.

1. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

The big problem, really, is that the cops left witnesses alive. If they'da' killed everyone within, say, two blocks, then none of this would have been an issue!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Prince_James Plutarch (Mickey's Dog) Registered Senior Member

Ramming a car twice over, even if not a police car, is some threatening, and highly suspicious, behaviour.

Frankly, this seems more like a case of "garbage in, garbage out".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. tablariddim forexU2 Valued Senior Member

If we shot up everyone who ever rammed a car while parking, or setting off from a tight parking space, we'd all be dead.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

No, you'd hear about the last few cases, and you'd be a damned sight more careful whenever you thought about ramming another car!

It's just a sign of the system that we have that people somehow think that it's allright to ram someone else's car, that it's no big deal.

Baron Max

8. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Feeling a tad sarcastic toda?

I think the cops in NY have to make a split second decision in this case the car rammed their squad cars, more than once? Or so I thought? Finally one police officer thought he was in danger and acted accordingly to protect himself. Very Very few people are happy to kill someone. Many quit the force after doing so just do to stress and guilt that there may have been another way. It’s really not fair to make a call as we don’t know what it’s like to be under so much pressure that you think you are going to die.

Once I was in a situation, in the USA, where I found myself in a rock and a hard-spot. Someone pulled a gun out and was getting it loaded and going to maybe point it at my head and kill me. They looked into my eyes and in that second there was a sort of sad communication. Me being sad I was going to die and he being sad he was going to have to clean up a mess and ruin his evening. Just then out of the Gawd-damn blue a friend, I hadn’t seeing in years (since I was maybe 13 years old) came into the room, told everyone “I was cool” and in a real sense - saved me. I got the hell out of there as soon as I could.

You know, in that second of communication I could have done anything.

That was probably the scariest and most sureal moment in my life.

Michael II

9. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Three things wrong with that:

1. it was an unmarked man

2. they were undercover officers and may not have identified themselves as policemen

3. one of the guys reloaded inspite of no return fire. (from the news)

PS sounds like you're a lucky bloke!

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

If only they had used tasers instead...

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Good one. But what I don't understand is, why are the cops so jumpy?

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Maybe Amercians have become too worried - esp in NY?

Bloke?!? Have you been hanging with pommy's, aussies or kiwis again!?!? If I remember correctly .... in America we say "You're one lucky f*cker!"

Michael II

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Hmm,

1a. the guys in the car were probably drunk as skunks, so were afraid of getting arrested for drunk-driving, so they tried to flee.

2a. they were undercover officers and probably identified themselves as policemen ...which is why the fuckin' stupid drunks tried to flee, and escape arrest.

3a. I can tell you ain't never been in a firefight, or even in at a firing range. The sound is horrendous and you can't tell who's firing or where the bullets are coming from ....all you know is that you can hear gunfire ...is it being fired at you and your buddies? You can't tell, can't know.

Baron Max

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Speculation.

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

'Cause if you checked, in that part of town, crime is so rampant and dangerous that it's virtually a war-zone!

And so ...our three oh-so-very-innocent party-goers and soon-to-be-groom go to that very part of town, to a notoriously dangerous club to drink and celebrate the night away????? If you were going to get married the next day, would you go into a dangerous part of town, to a dangerous club?

Baron Max

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Really running away with that imagination there.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15924781/

17. candy Valued Senior Member

But the officers were not in a firefight.
    No one was shooting at them.
    It is more likely that their evening in the strip club caused some testosterone toxicity problems.

18. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Ain't gonna' get into a pissin' contest with ya', Sam, sorry. We can all speculate on what happened and why, but it serves not purpose other than to raise the level of anger and frustration at sciforums.

Sorry, Sam, .....how 'bout if I just agree with everything and anything that you say and/or imply about this incident? Okay?

Baron Max

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Don't know nothin' about firefights, do ya'?

Baron Max

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You don't have to agree with me Baron. Its not a pissing contest (though I always admire a strong adversary)

I don't know what happened either. I'm just presenting arguments, same as you are.

21. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

To what end, to what purpose?

Just fun? At the expense of the NYPD?

See? That's what I don't fully grasp here at the forums ....is this just for fun n' games, and to piss others off, and to argue and get people all upset?

Baron Max

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

What did you think we were doing here? Redefining world policy? Its a discussion forum Baron, no need to get your panties in a bunch.

23. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Well, no, Sam, it ain't! We never "discuss" anything with any kind of rational thinking or posting ....it's always aggressive and hateful and domineering and ...sometimes I think if we were all issued "virtual handguns", the membership of sciforums would disappear quickly!

But, ya' know, ain't it interesting that those who profess love and affection and understanding and kindness, etc, are often the ones quickest to anger, and quickest to make threats, etc?

Discussions? No, I don't think so ....unless they "discuss" much differently in India then they do here in the USA.

Baron Max