Nudism: Right Or Wrong?

Discussion in 'The Cesspool' started by Dario Western, Jun 20, 2015.

?

Is nudism (or naturism as it is also known) morally right or wrong to practice?

1. Right

100.0%
  2. Wrong

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Uncertain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dario Western Registered Member

Interesting to see the responses to this poll. Why is it many people think nudism is bad or wrong, when it does not harm anyone, least of all children?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sylvester Registered Senior Member

That is because in our minds we envision scenarios where everyone is attractive and that is not reality. Plus it is not sanitary and can you imagine being in an elevator with say 30 naked people?

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The need for clothing is a social construct of our societies fear of "sexuality" and the body - look at how many indigenous peoples live their entire lives going around entirely nude... and suffer no apparent ill-effects from it.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sylvester Registered Senior Member

I was not aware that our society had a fear of sexuality and the body. Is the person who posted this indigenous and living an indigenous lifestyle?

8. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

How is that even possible? Are you aware that the sky is blue?

How many times have you heard the cry of the self-appointed "moral guardian": Won't somebody think of the children?

9. Sylvester Registered Senior Member

I would not use the word fear. If i put a glass of water in front of you you run away in fear because people drown in water? If people are afarid of nudity then there is a reason they are afraid but that does not mean they have an inherent fear of nudity\sexuality etc.

10. Sylvester Registered Senior Member

Besides, i cannot answer the poll since it is neither right or wrong but simply a matter of practicality. That said, i expect people to be disingenuous regarding this question as most people do not think these things through. And no one is touching my question regarding elevators bears this out.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Not fear so much as being actually afraid of it, but fear as in disdain/disgust/otherwise displeasure of it

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

Morally neutral.

13. Sylvester Registered Senior Member

I dont know then. Seems to be human nature though and is a primary issue here. People usually have very little consideration for the shortcomings of others. So when you say “disdain/disgust/otherwise displeasure” i think it would only or mainly apply to those who have physical problems or issues and these people are marginalized enough. We base a lot on appearance and that is just human nature, it wont change because we want it to. I guess there is more equality in wearing clothes too or from a pessimistic perspective it enable us to delude ourselves a few degrees further.

Like on the internet, i can be anything i want to be and yet there is some delusion to that. I dont mind the delusion as i am aware of this. So when i go on the internet to post i wear many different suits and the whole time knowing fully well that there is delusion.

Human nature is really…people can lie to themselves all they want but i understand that in real life people are going to judge me by my physical appearance and that of course is amongst strangers mainly.

14. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Mod Hat ― Closure and Redirect

This one is done. Look, when the whole point of the thread is to get children naked? Yeah, we have to draw a line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.