Nuclear Response to 9/11?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by madanthonywayne, Jun 18, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

I've said it before:
    Now we find out the UK joined us in our war to prevent a US nuclear response to 9/11.
    http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=070618020433.pfpyswe3&show_article=1
    So. Should Bush have simply nuked Afganistan? How would things have played out following such an attack?

More importantly, what do you think the US response would be to a future terrorist attack on US soil involving WMD's?

Given the problems we're having in Iraq, I'd say invasion is less likely. Yet any future president would not want to be seen as doing less than we did post 9/11 in retaliation to an even larger attack.

What does that leave? Nukes.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Maybe issue an ultimatum to the Taliban government...hand over all named terrorist leaders or face nuclear annihilation of their major cities, one by one.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kadark Banned Banned

Are you f`ing retarded? Nuclear weapons wouldn't solve a damn thing; all you would do is barbarically end the life of millions of INNOCENT people and create deformaties and mutations for generations to come. A nuclear weapon is the LAST thing this already misshapen world needs.

Nuclear weapons are the stupidest solutions, and this is even truer when it is being used towards countries that should have never hosted a war. Why did the USA invade Afghanistan? To dismantle the taliban and see an oil pipeline created.

"An agreement has been signed in the Turkmen capital, Ashgabat, paving the way for construction of a gas pipeline from the Central Asian republic through Afghanistan to Pakistan.
    The building of the trans-Afghanistan pipeline has been under discussion for some years but plans have been held up by Afghanistan's unstable political situation."

Why was Iraq invaded? Maybe because it is the world's leader for oil, right behind the kingpin Saudi Arabia?

Please, open your damn eyes and realize this war is not being waged to liberate a country, or to end the threat of global-terrorism. The only global threat is the United State's imperialistic expansion.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Welcome to SciForums. You should fit right in here.

Just for kicks, tell me, do you think Bush was behind the attacks on 9/11? Or, perhaps, the Jews? Both?

But back to the thread topic, how do you think the US would respond to an attack with, say, a suitcase nuke? And how do you think we should respond?

8. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Is this possible...to build a nuclear bomb that will fit inside a suitcase?
    I guess so...http://www.brook.edu/FP/projects/nucwcost/davyc.htm

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  9. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Oh, yes. The Soviets built several and there are rumors that they lost track of over a dozen of them. They are small, and would require some maintainance, but even a small nuke is still pretty big.

10. Kadark Banned Banned

Thank you for the heartwarming welcome. Anyway...

The "public", like ourselves, do not, nor ever will know the full truth behind 911. We can only speculate and use the facts we know to come to an informed decision. Perhaps it was the Jews. Maybe the American government was behind the whole attacks to legitimately invade Afghanistan and Iraq for oil? One thing I am sure about, however, is the fact that Osama Bin Laden/Taliban/"Al Qaeda"/Iraq were all non-factors and had nothing to do with this attack.

If the United States is actually attacked with a nuclear weapon, then I find they have the right to use a nuclear weapon in retaliation (which is what I also believe they would do). I would much prefer to see the issue handled some other way, but an "eye-for-an-eye" attack would be understandable.

In any case, the US government has so much blood and conspiracy on their hands that believing such an attack wasn't done by them would be difficult.

11. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

12. Mr. G reality.sys Valued Senior Member

As if Britain has ever held a veto over American decision making, ever since when?

Glassification.

13. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Qa' Dark, welcome to Sciforums. I see you have read rather extensively on the US' bogus war on terror.

Feel free to message me anytime.

14. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

What possible target appropriate for a nuclear device would there have been in Afghanistan?

And in future attacks, if you have been attacked by a shadowy network of terrorists, with no physical headquarters or single country of origin, how do you choose a target? Firing blindly in rage would unite the rest of the civilized world against us, and with good reason.

OBL stated he was responsible for the attack of 9/11, and I've no reason to doubt him.

15. Carcano Valued Senior Member

You are sure?
    How?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  16. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Wow.
    Good to hear that, it's good to see we're on the same page.................
    D'oh! Just when we were begining to see eye to eye.

17. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

If that OP was true, Blair should have organized the world to sanction the U.S instead.

What's truely warped, is after the events of the last few years, I actually believe they might have been thinking of nuking afganistan.

18. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

At the time, I was surprised we didn't. I'm sure it was on the agenda.

19. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Right, well there were generals in your pentagon actually thinking of nuking a whole country basically fucked over by U.S monies funding Taliban and Al Queda during the Russian invasion. If we really want to play "what if", we can say what if the U.S didn't fuck with any country after WWII, throwing coups, funding asshole terrorists and drugdealers, proping up dictators...maybe it would be a better place. Certainly Afganistan would be at least as well off under russian rule than the taliban fuckers.

So yea ,let's uh fucking nuke this country because one of our CIA assets has turned against us and happens to live buddy buddy with a regime we proped up there.

Honest to god and you wonder why internationally you are starting to be viewed as a fucking throwback???

20. John99 Banned Banned

oh yeah, the U.S HELPED AGAINT THE RUSSIANS. All the other SHIT you posted, are you so dense to even post that conspiracy trash?

21. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

dumbass it's basic history

22. John99 Banned Banned

nothin is basic, dumbass. jump on the bandwagon with the insults, do you think i give a fuck?

23. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

Ok explain how the U.S helped fight the russians in afganistan, without using Al Queda and the Taliban(I.E giving them weapons and money).?