Now females can die in combat

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Syzygys, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Balerion Banned Banned

What do you think they conduct these studies for? To mislead people? To what end? Anyway, the Pentagon surveys are the only ones I could find with any definitive numbers.

It's interesting to note that you question the Pentagon's findings while you lack any study or survey of your own. So what are you going on, a hunch?

Not everyone who joins the military actively participates in combat. And if they do, it doesn't always mean they're "fine" with killing people. Nor does "being fine with it" equate to your initial claim, which is that they "want to kill people for money." And even those who are eager to kill, they're not doing it for money, they're eager to kill because they perceive their enemy as a threat to our nation. Big difference.

You're already retreating, why not just admit you're talking out of your ass?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Balerion Banned Banned

What study are you citing to support hat claim?

There were women serving in the Gulf War, if that's what you're asking.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. billvon Valued Senior Member

I have never met a single soldier who signed up so they could "kill illegally." I don't think you've ever met a soldier; you've constructed this imaginary evil, greedy soldier in your mind that bears no resemblance to reality.

No, Neither did single dads. They are not allowed to enlist for military service. If you knew any military you'd likely know this.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Of course. Why would the military want to prove that they are nothing but a social security workplace who employs everyone not needed anywhere else?

Testimonials from soldiers.

But of course....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

I have never seen a black swan, yet, they exist...

And here I call BS. I saw it on documentary... Kids were left for granparents...

9. billvon Valued Senior Member

But purple swans don't, even if you imagine they do.

If they give up custody, yes. Then they are no longer single parents.

From usmilitary.about.com:

===========

US Military Enlistment Standards
    Single Parents

Single Parents are not allowed to enlist in the US Military, period. Except for the Army National Guard, waiver approvals are very, very, very rare, and most recruiters won't even submit one. In the "old days," some recruits would try to get around this restriction by giving up legal custody of their child(ren) until after basic training and job school, but the military has wised up to this practice.

For example, in the Marine Corps, one must give up legal custody (by court order) of their child(ren), and then wait one year or more before being eligible for enlistment. For Navy enlistments, the waiting period is six months and the court-order must make it very plain that the transfer in custody is permanent.

============

10. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Counterpunch:

If a candidate is married or has children (dependents), can he or she enlist?
    Each Service has specific policies relating to dependents, but in general, the Military will not accept applicants with more than two dependents under the age of 18. Waivers can be made on a case-by-case basis.

http://www.todaysmilitary.com/frequently-asked-military-questions/entrance-requirements-faq

So having one kid home is fine and you can also get a waiver.... Also women can give birth AFTER they enlisted... Consider this:woman has one kid, enlists, gets pregnant, now she has 2 kids, are they going to kick her out?

11. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Doublepunch:

"It is estimated that nearly 30,000 single mothers have deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan"

http://www.pbs.org/pov/regardingwar...-the-military-punishing-mothers-who-serve.php

By the way just what kind of mother would choose to go 7000 miles away from her kid (several times losing costudy too) if not for economic reasons? Don't give me the patriotic bullshit....

"About 220,000 women have served in Afghanistan and Iraq. About 40 percent of active-duty women, or almost 85,000, are mothers, according to a Joint Economic Committee report. And of those, at least 30,000 are single moms."

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/...military-moms-army-colonel-lieutenant-colonel

12. billvon Valued Senior Member

You said "Did single moms sign up for military service?" No, they did not; they cannot. Mothers who are NOT single moms can.

One of the most basic rules of Internet forums is that when you are this deep in a hole - stop digging.

13. Syzygys As a mother, I am telling you Valued Senior Member

Dude, give it up. I just quoted the military. It is mothers with two (repeat 2) dependants who can not automatically enlist but they can still get a waiver. Single moms with 1 kid can enlist anytime...

14. billvon Valued Senior Member

Yes, you did. "Mother" does not equal "single mother."

Put down the shovel and step away from the hole!

15. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Marine Survey

...Both sexes mentioned intimate relationships between Marines and feeling obligated to protect female Marines among their top five concerns about the change.
    Female Marines also said they worried about being targeted by enemies as POWs, the risk of sexual harassment or assault, and hygiene facilities, according to the survey, which did not give specifics.
    The women surveyed also expressed concern about acceptance and physical abilities if given a ground combat job...