Noth Korea....?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by shichimenshyo, Nov 24, 2010.

1. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

no offense, but China is in no position to fight a war against the US in Korea. And I'm not saying that from the position of a biased amerifreak (although in a dozen posts it will come down to that) but from a strategic standpoint. Korea is a major bottleneck. what is nice about bottlenecks is that they are extremely and I stress, EXTREMELY vulnerable to massive bombing runs.

China's air force is made up of 3rd and 4th generation fighters. 300 out of their 400 transports are SINGLE PROPELLOR ENGINE planes that if I remember right cannot even hold a dozen soldiers.

Our air force outnumbers their a few time to one.

Total air superiority over Korea by US planes is extremely likely. That means that we can bring in B-52 and B-2's and bomb day and night as we please. A single B-52 could annihalate an entire armored column.

Apaches would pin down Korean and Chinese armor.

With no sort of armor support and thin supplies the Chinese would be forced to attempt a daring assault with as many men as possible in order to shut down the airfields.

But with no armor the Chinese soldiers will have to face off against the Abrams main battle tanks which would be equipped not with explosive ammunition, but rather with canister rounds which are massive shotgun shells with very large balls inside. Imagine if you will a line stretching from the east to the west with Abrams tanks supported by infantry as well as South Korean artillery and infantry, as the Chinese and North Koreans attack the abrams will slice through their infantry advances. With B-52's flying on an east to west path around a few miles north of this line they can carpet bomb the entire area and eliminate everything in the area.

What they don't get would be mopped up by AC-130's, F-35's, Apaches, Cobras, and F/A-18's.

What areas cannot be protected would be mined through the use of the volcano mine dispersal system. http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vi...0015ff-309440348544?q=volcano mine&FORM=VIRE1

With the ability to lay a minefield a kilometer long in under 43 seconds it will slow down, if not stop the attacking Chinese and Koreans.

Without proper heavy weapons and armor support as well as sufficient supply lines the Chinese and north Koreans would be stopped, and afterwards the US and south Koreans would take the offensive, by mining the north Korean border with China and extensive bombing the US can prevent a large percentage of the supplies from reaching their forces. The chinese and North Koreans would be pushed nearly back to the Chinese and North Korean border at which point a ceasefire would be signed. The reason is because China knows that it cannot afford to continue with another offenssive because of the bottleneck and the US knows that the second it crosses into China it loses the advantage of total air superiority for a great deal of time as well as the advantage of a bottleneck.

South Korea would definitely sign the treaty because it has gained control of the vast majority, if not all of the Korean Peninsula. If there is any part of the North Korea that hasn't been captured it would readily sign the treaty because it knows that if China won't fight than it will definitely be crushed.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Do you think this madness would continue if L.A., San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Dallas-Ft. Worth and D.C. were nuked by China?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

WTF are you guys talking about? China has no interest in going to war against the USA for North Korea (much less, nuclear war).

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

SM-3

And you do realize we have a lot more nukes than they do?

8. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

I seriously doubt war will break out on the Korean peninsula. It is in no ones interest for that to occur. But this is an opportunity and I think the Obama administration is playing it well thus far.

China for too long has let this little problem fester. It is long past time they take care of their client state. And they need to understand this is serious and it cannot go on.

9. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

Agreed. They will do everything to avoid it. Everything. It is the other way around. It is the U.S. and her allies that want war to distract from other things going on. . .

10. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

"Playing it well," is NOT sending a Carrier force to an area that is in dispute to continue having MORE war games, after previous war games caused an international incident.
    Agreed.

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

China would probably work WITH the SK and USA

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Echo3Romeo One man wolfpack Registered Senior Member

Korean War II: Electric Boogaloo. Like Iran blockading the Strait of Hormuz or the Red Army rolling through the Fulda Gap, it rears its head whenever there's an excuse to discuss it.

Anyway, this is small potatoes compared to what North Korea has done to the South before, e.g. Rangoon bombing and Korean Air 858. It takes quite a leap of faith to seriously entertain war scenarios in response to the latest NK offense.

China and South Korea actually do get along quite well, and NK has been irritating China for decades. The whole "communist solidarity" thing really lost its appeal in the face of lucrative trade relationships with the US and ROK, not to mention the fact that the North Koreans have several hundred ballistic missiles that can range any number of major Chinese cities to include Beijing.

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Probably China needs our anti-missile battery's stationed before any war with NK breaks out - or they'll be on the shit end of the NK stick along with SK.

14. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Wikileaks seems to support this view, but after readings some of those leaks I have got to wonder if diplomats are just talking out of their assess and have no clue whats going or worse lie about what their states really want.

15. superstring01 Moderator

16. CptBork Valued Senior Member

If China's worried about coming under attack from NK, I have no problems with upgrading their defenses, sending them weapons and tech and even NATO soldiers if they actually want 'em. I don't think any reasonable person would ask China to put itself in mortal danger just to deal with their troublesome southern neighbour. If that's what the Chinese are worried about, they need to speak up and be more candid about it, otherwise they're just letting themselves get taken hostage too.

The problem is the NK regime is totally unpredictable. I don't want us going to war with them even if we have to take the occasional punch in the jaw to avoid it, but I fear NK will eventually drag us into a full-scale war whether we want it or not. It doesn't benefit China to have a partner like that, because for all we know, in 50 years the Il dynasty might have them on its target list too. China would surely be better off with a peaceful, democratic, united Korea, allied both with China and with the US, and completely absent of anything but at most a symbolic presence of US troops (i.e. embassy guards). I think it's time to turn off the economic taps keeping the NK regime in power, and if they decide to respond with war, better sooner rather than later when they have an even bigger arsenal of weapons at their disposal.

17. joepistole Deacon Blues Valued Senior Member

As I previously said, I think war in the region is highly unlikely. But if it should, I would expect North Korea to be devoid of allies. North Korea would likely find itself fighting a war on both ends of the country. More likely, China would sanction a takeover of the North Korean government and one of dear leaders buds would take him out.

18. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

North Korea exists because China needs a buffer from the USA, just as Burma is protected by China and India to keep the US out of a nation which hinges them.

19. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

I still can't believe anyone is taking that "Wikileaks" disinformation campaign seriously. . .

20. CptBork Valued Senior Member

No kidding, anyone who's bothered to do the research knows the Pope and his Illuminati chums are behind WikiLeaks, in fact they personally wrote most of the "diplomatic cables" themselves. The sheeple think all that money pouring into the Vatican goes to wine, gold and fine art, but they never talk about all the cutting edge computer workstations installed beneath St. Peter's Basilica. Now they're installing quantum computers to make the work go faster still, they won't even let us have those for another 100 years minimum.

21. ElectricFetus Sanity going, going, gone Valued Senior Member

Pope, Illuminati, TOTAL BULLSHIT!

Its the 5 Jewish Bankers that control the world from their orbital tower in space!

22. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member