Not to be offensive... why do Americans have such a poor sense of geography?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by FreeThinkers, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Dear Free thinker;
    Thanks for clearing that up, kindly continue updating us since we remain in darkness. I would meet you to be tutored in person but I can't make out how to read this new fangled map thingy.

sincerely
    Me

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

You must be amurican.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Ok.
    So where is Nyarlathotep?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Roman Banned Banned

Nyarlathotep? The Crawling Chaos? Messenger of the blind, idiot sultan prince that dwells in the heart of chaos, that no mortal lip dares speak?

8. Roman Banned Banned

Numenor sunk in the 2nd age.

9. IceAgeCivilizations Banned Banned

Do you know why Scotsmen wear kilts?

'Cause the sound of a zipper scares off the sheep. (It's a joke.)

10. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

That's pretty much it. Especially now with the EU in existence, it should be easier to see that, otherwise it's: OMG, the EU is just one big, new, country and has no culture! But when you break it down into regional states/countries..

Nobody better dare say the South or Midwest is like Southern California (well, excluding the Mexicans)..

- N

11. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

12. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

The EU is not a country.

13. bricky Registered Member

Passive arrogance. U.S.A. is the best, the rest of the world is not important.

14. Neildo Gone Registered Senior Member

It's inevitable.

- N

15. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Not really.

16. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Bet they'll all be speaking esperanto in a few months. I notice the wearing of lederhosen has now spread to germany and austria from the netherlands.

17. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Indeed, and in norway half the people wear wooden shoes.

18. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Actually all the people wear them but only on one foot..... so technically I guess you're right.

19. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

What about amputees?

20. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

They wear them on their heads.

21. Red State Registered Member

Yeah, we proved how self absorbed we were when we sacrificed 250,000 of our countrymen saving your stupid butts during world war two after you hung yourselves trying to pacify Hitler. My dad never met his father till he was 4 because he was in Europe fighting your grandfather's war. Then we spent half the GDP of Europe out of our own pockets protecting you from the murdurous reds for half of the twentieth century. Then we had to go into Iraq virtually alone because France wasn't willing to disrupt it's lucrative illegal trade with Iraq. They didn't give a damn if people were being put thru chippers, as long as they had a monopoly on the chipper market. That's how self centered we are. We are so self centered that you can thank us that your not goosestepping under a swastika right now. I remember when I was working in Italy in the summer of 2000. To get my news I watched a lot of BBC and some German news channel in english, as my Italian is only so so. During the time I was there they aired a series about what they called the 'brain drain' where most of Europes best and brightest left for the states as soon as they graduated. I think we've about drained off all the good stuff and the intelligence of the European population has suffered as a result. Go curl up with your atlas and pat yourself on the back for being so enlightened.

22. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Americans are divided. You need to state what you represent because not all americans share your opinion. The white nationalists admire Hitler, are anti-semitic and believe the jews control the media, would endorse everything above as the fault of the leftist and are against multiculturalism. The leftists agree with all the above except iraq but don't adopt your conservative right-wing snotty attitude about it. You must be confused as to what an american is. Which type of american are you? I would say a confused, hypocrital right-wing nut who uses the policies of the left to brag and condemn what you don't even honestly support.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  23. Red State Registered Member

I'm the kind of American who has no qualms about toppling dictators. Read a little history and see if you can figure out which type that is.