Nonsense: Prove/Disprove existence of a god or gods

Discussion in 'Religion' started by Dinosaur, Mar 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Why was it so convincing to you? And is there no other explanation? Was it a case of coincidence? Can it be replicated?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

i wont be explaining why
    if im aware of my mistakes i admit them as it is the natural process accumulating truth. if you do not admit your mistakes the moment you are aware of them it becomes a part of you, and becomes very difficult to remove its taint

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

So you cannot admit your mistakes.

< >

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

if you believe you have detected a mistake that i have made, please tell me. if you cannot explain how i have made a mistake, that mistake only exists in your mind, for you do not know my intentions. if you cant or wont explain, it shows your fear of the truth(god). if you cannot make a path to god do not hinder those of us who are. otherwise you are working for the evil one.

8. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Would it do any good to tell you?
    You are the one afraid of the truth.

< >

9. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

we wont know that til you tell me

10. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Why are you so afraid? What happened to you?

< >

11. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

i'm not the one impeding natural progression of this conversation. i have opened my self to your criticism and yet you do not comply. why are you so afraid?

12. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

Why do you keep spouting religious rubbish on a science forum?

13. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

you are changing the topic, more evidence of fear

14. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

You are the one. You habitually accuse others of what you do.
    Only frightened children act the way you do.

< >

15. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

alright if you dont want to tell me, thats fine. ill be off to dreamland. cya

16. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

You're always in dreamland.

< >

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Admittedly, this is the religion sub-forum - as such, quotes from religious texts do serve as adequate evidence (though note - dispute of the validity of such texts is a perfectly acceptable point of refute, so long as the dispute can be backed with evidence).

akoreamerican... what, exactly, are you trying to accomplish at this time, may I ask? You say you won't share your "confirmation of faith" - while I can understand this to be a highly personal and singularly unique experience, stating that others should believe and giving no reason other than "because X or Y said so" is... hardly irrefutable evidence.

18. Daecon Kiwi fruit Valued Senior Member

If Bible quotes are just posted on their own without any accompanying commentary, doesn't it kinda defeat the purpose of posting the quotes to a discussion forum?

19. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

i'm not claiming to give irrefutable evidence, i am only increasing the possibility that more people will "choose" to believe by stating the truths that i hold that i cannot prove. if you were to be given irrefutable evidence you would not be using your free will. you have only my word that what i say is the truth and i have no evil intentions. so the choice is up to you as it always has been.

you could say that i'm only increasing the opportunity to make a choice. we do not always have free will as most of the time we function on truths we already know. to exercise free will you have to make a choice to follow the truth that can't be proven by recognizing that truth was revealed for your benefit. if you believe that it was revealed to trick you then i can only say that you are so used to being betrayed by those you've trusted, that you no longer have the will to trust anyone with out evidence.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  20. Kristoffer Giant Hyrax Valued Senior Member

Chance of me believing decreasing... Decreasing... Oh, wait, I never believed.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

In other words... you are proselytizing... which is against forum rules.

22. akoreamerican Registered Senior Member

i am not converting anyone as you can see. i am stating what i know to be true. if someone were to believe them it is good, but otherwise it really doesn't matter as the process of believing in god will continue as more and more truth is discovered the only choice left will be to say that god exists.

23. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

You cannot know truth without evidence. There is always reasons why you believe something or do not believe. Sometimes they are good reasons & sometimes not. Believing does not make it true. Once you believe without evidence, you will see, hear, think, feel, say & do whatever is necessary for you to think your belief is supported or pretend so. Once you believe without evidence, nothing you say can be trusted. Your belief means nothing to those who do not believe the same.
    Your claims on free will & knowledge are ridiculous. IF there is free will, it is best used with knowledge. Otherwise you choose to say & do things for no good reason. The more you know, the better wiser choices you make & the less likely you will be fooled by con artists. Informed consent.

< >

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.