Nonlinear optimal estimation and RWR Darling

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by EI_Sparks, Apr 29, 2003.

1. EI_Sparks Registered Senior Member

Okay, I've been banging my head away at RWR Darling's three papers on his Geometrically Intrinsic Nonlinear Recursive Filter - see here for the papers I mean - but I am simply finding his writing too dense to make rapid progress through. So far I've had to go through Willmore's "Differential Geometry", Darlings's own "Differential Forms", and a rake of other papers and tomes (engineering mathematics simply doesn't go far enough so I'm having to play a lot of catchup...), and I'm still getting to the point where he says that a diffusion process imposes a semi-definite metric on the cotangent bundle and at that point I flounder

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Can anyone point out a less-concise version of those papers? Or anything darling might have written that isn't quite so compact on this topic? I've tried www.rwrdarling.com and most of the papers I could find myself, but I'm now starting to stall

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Hell, even a pointer or two from someone that understands differential geometry and sub-rheimann connections better than me would be useful!