Non-Sense of Macro Evolutionary Faith

Discussion in 'Religion' started by SetiAlpha6, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

OK you could be right if they use the same tactics as those terrible creationists from Discovery Creationist Group or whatever they are calling themselves at the moment...the only reason you think science is bad news is because you see how it's done at Discovery and Co... did you know they started their own publication so they could publish that ID nonsense...Is that true ? That can't be true surely...Anyways the publishing a scientific paper seems to be a terrible sham...really what some people will do to push nonsense...

Anyways let's say you are right so as to develop your thinking here...how does any of this prove god is not an invention of the Sumerians as history tells us by virtue of the various clay tablets recording that fact written by those who invented your god.

It seems that is the issue that you need address...evolution is not your problem it's the existence of written evidence saying your god was invented...what are you going to do? Claim the clay tablets were put there by Satan? Or will you just ignore this fact like so many others.

Please tell me how humans having a pet dinasaur or finding soft tissue prove your god was not invented when that is what the evidence from the time tells us...do you even know about the clay tablets.and I know you take these things from the past like art work most seriously so are you now doing an about face.

It's funny really everyone knows but you.

I have spent a couple of hours going thru that Discovery site...you are pulling our legs no doubt..those folk are not credible at all.
    I hope you don't let your boys go there..terrible just terrible.

Anyways all you said above...I know you are joking and entertaining yourself with some quality trolling..come on admit it..you are an atheist acting as a theist trying to show theist up as stupid...I suppose you are to be congratulated as you are doing a great job.

Jan could not accept that whales came from dog like creatures ?..as dogs are small would you say that was micro evolution or because whales are big would you say that is macro evolution...any answer on the dragon thing yet..or the big Bird?

Otherwise how are you going..getting thru this virus thing? I hope you are not pestering the boss for more miracles.
    Alex

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

That's close but I don't think there is enough to even call it a hypothesis...
    Do you know what a hypothesis is? And I will ask again seeing you missed the first time...do you know what a theory is?
    Do you believe the Earth is the center of everything such that the Sun orbits the Earth?
    Alex

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Artistic depictions do not constitute evidence.

Unless you assert that there really are melted clocks, walking castles and flying people.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Cool Art!

Dixit is a really great “Art” based Card Game.
    Just, if you are interested.

Actually, they can provide evidence for quite a lot!

I disagree, with the overwhelmingly simplistic Broad Brush approach you are using.

And it is usually possible to determine what is real inside a painting from what we know is real outside the painting. We know Dinosaurs are real.

Depictions of Dinosaurs in paintings are instantly recognizable, even by children.

It is not impossible or difficult to do at all.

Alternate Approach...

We throw out every single imagineered “missing link” artistic impression ever made. There are literally thousands of such frauds.

Why?

Because there is no evidence they ever existed at all, in any time period. They are called “missing links” for a reason, because they are missing, they literally don’t exist!

We have a winner!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  9. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Thanks for all the great comments and questions.

Here are the answers for Most of them.

For Some...
    Perhaps.

For Some...
    Perhaps Not.

For Some...
    Extremely off the Scale Empirically Impossible.

For Some...
    I disagree with your Assumptions, and therefore regard the question as unfounded.

For Some...
    Great Question, but I don’t know the answer.

For Some...
    Great Question, but it would radically alter or derail the thread’s primarily topic, which folks here tend to not like.

For Some...
    Great Question, but it is totally irrelevant to the topic of the thread.

For Some...
    I don’t have that kind of time.

I did ask you to prove the Claim you made a while back. Did you ever prove that one?

Did I miss seeing that? I must have!

Thanks Alex!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  10. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That would be an article written by the lying creationists at that site. However, this article... http://www.richardsternberg.com/pdf/sternintellbio08.pdf was written by Richard Sternberg himself discussing his changing views on evolution. He claims to not have had anything to do with Intelligent Design when he attempted to sign off on an article written by Meyer of the Discovery Institute for peer review while he was working at the Smithsonian. He claimed he had no affiliation with Meyer or the institute and did not see any connections between the article and creationism, yet once published, everyone else could easily see this connection, hence they tore into him for trying to publish such an obvious creationist article for which Sternberg continued to claim naivety.

He then goes on in his article talking about how his views do indeed align with Intelligent Design as if he was lying the whole time, which obviously he was.

Of course, it's highly likely you didn't read anything and just posted that article written by someone else who didn't do their homework, either. And you also didn't bother reading up on the story behind Sternberg and how he sank his own ship and blamed everyone else.

As usual, you wind up presenting more fabrications, lies and misrepresentations... your forte here.

11. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

I hope you realize that's not what's called, "Thinking"

What you're doing is fantasizing, calling it reality and then lying about it.

12. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

So, you admit you have no time to learn something?

13. billvon Valued Senior Member

So now you believe British people wearing bowler hats can fly? Good for you.
    And yet hundreds of times that some bible-thumper has claimed there is a "missing link" - that missing link is eventually found. Thus proving you incorrect yet again. Just a few examples:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/...for-how-modern-humans-evolved-friendly-faces/

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2006/dec/22/2006inreview.taxonomy

https://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/s...-a-new-missing-link-found/article24781309.ece

Perhaps if you spent your time learning rather than posting ignorance on Sciforums, you'd be better informed?

14. DaveC426913 Valued Senior Member

Indeed. One wonders why we don't the have children doing our scientific work instead of scholars.

Oh, that's right. They're children - by definition, too inexperienced to know good from bad. That's why they're in school.
    What a dumb argument.

I don't blame you; it's not your argument. You are one of millions brainwashed with this anti-science voodoo.

Beer w/Straw likes this.
  15. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Yes you did and I even took the time to point out the joke I played upon you ...and you are still playing into my hands...that is the thing you missed seeing and as I predicted now we will see you roll out your pathetic call regularly without reference to my explanation....pitiful but entertaining....how do you fit mitochondria into the creation myth? How do you fit mass extinction into the myth? How do you seek to discuss religion and not have read the bible?

Thank you for demonstrating that I can easily predict your behaviour...I knew you would...you read too fast and miss the little traps I set for you all over..your problem mainly is you think you are clever..most liars think they are more clever than those they lie to...and because of their delusional self talk think they go undiscovered...most decent folk just think "that guy is a liar" to themselves but you lies just stick in the throat and drive the most conservative to gasp out "liar"... I never could see the benefit in lieing but it must satisfy some personal disorder sane folk are not afflicted with...any ideas why you lie most of the time?

So what you are saying is you have not read the bible, not read any relevant history, you think "theory" means an unsupported opinion and the Sun orbits the Earth...that's what you are really saying isn't it? Please let me know if I have misinterpreted your answers... and I guess you find cult membership so expensive that it is embarrassing to talk about...

I hope you watched the video...it was from a mob "Answers in Genisis" and attempted to deal with the erroded credibility of the bible...they certainly did not convince me but you would lap it up..

The interesting thing about their approach was how they avoided mentioning the specific clay tablets that are absolute proof of the "invention" claim...er fact...

You can only be trolling us here, it is like you are putting up nonsense to have folk bite...well for my part I do enjoy it as you show why christianity is not a cult you want to belong to...you can not be as stupid as you make out to be .... You can't accept science but are ok with dragons say a lot to others.

I think your job is to start threads with content that will get sensible folk to bite and hence generate site traffic I expect the payoff is becoming the center of attention something that you crave but presumably are denied in the real world...and you have various handles that you employ for this purpose ... doing this appeals to you because you think by tricking folk that somehow makes you smart and your activity here makes up for all you don't do in the real world....nothing wrong with that other than you are really lieing to yourself I guess...and I would not call you a failure as you really are vert good at what you do...until I started reading Jan's stuff I was not particularly interested in religious history but as a result of looking for the non existent evidence for god I discovered the truth about the human invention of gods in general and in specific and also that JC was just one of many similar human gods based on astrology, specifically Sun worship, popular in ancient times and how the Romans fine tunned the idea added teachings of how they wanted citizens to conduct themselves to benefit the Empire and promoted Christianity through out the world they controlled...no doubt most all here have read the same history ...but you make folk realise that one need understand the craziness that is religion, how lies are the predominant method of information giving and in general the danger of subservient cult involvement.

And religion must save so much in education...just tell the mob god did it and get them out to work..go to war the enemy has a different god..it seems good business for any government to promote religion to manage the mob....seems smart really.
    Alex

16. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

Seti...
    Given the fact that evolution is an established fact would it not be smart to view it as gods method of creation...you know that way you just need to say "God did it"...that way. It would fit the free will approach..you know he just started it all and let things develop as they would.

I don't see why it has to be an issue for you...the bible needs to be open to interpretation it simply can not be taken literally...if you are to do that why are you not out there on the Sabbath killing folk gathering sticks? You reject slave ownership right and yet the bible gives you rules for slave ownership....if there is a god would it not be him who gave us science and the ability to work out evolution?
    It seems to me there is a power trip going on...the old school don't want to lose control so reject anything new that is discovered.

Or think of it this way..as time passes we make improvements on various things...would it be wrong to improve our approach to religion and remake it to fit fact...it can hold morality, offer guidance...do we really need a personal made up god, a son and his ghost? Does that not seem odd to you?

Anyways I hope that I have not been too hard on you ..I only wish good things for you...I realise that I still carry hurt from how the cult mucked up my daughter's life..sure she should have known better etc but the fact is the cult caused much grief for me so I am quick to call it out at any opportunity.
    Alex

paddoboy likes this.
  17. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

Please sir, please sir. I think I know the answer to this one. He's really bad at it, so he needs the practice?

paddoboy and Xelasnave.1947 like this.
  18. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

I have been around here quite a few years and I know how things are done in general.

And I used to use very similar arguments myself and treated Christians at least a little like you perhaps might.

That is in the past for me now, and I am sorry I ever treated people like I did. Wish I could reach them and apologize, but they are gone now, and I cannot.

But I am also very glad now that I went through that agonizing time, for a number of reasons.

I love you and I love your sense of humor and respect your questions, they are excellent!!!

You are clearly brilliant!!!

19. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

I treat christians pretty good admittedly as I tell them the truth and rather than giving them the really powerful links leave it so they can choose not to look...in time most folk can work out for themselves that the plot does not add up in the least nor does the good book read as it could in anyway be god inspired.
    It is a pity you have not read the bible to make your own decisions here.

Once I would feel sorry for these folk but now not so sure given the availability of science and education generally.

As far as those folk at Discovery I think they are pure evil given the insane lengths they go to to hide the truth..that is just not right...they seem to be liars but I am not going to waste my time sorting through their nonsense to prove a point..

I forgive you on their behalf.

That seems inconsistent...but what reasons?

I know what you think love is but you should read up on the various types...I think of love in the context you attempt, in a way that extends respect and not to prequalify folk ... That is a decent approach I feel. And avoid conflict even at the risk of appearing weak ... Save energy for meaningful stuff that will produce a real result.

However I do feel you overlook my questions in favour of no answer or a throw away like earlier..does not worry me but the audience will just think that I nailed you leaving you unable to respond...not helpful to you at all...and you avoid being exposed to the truth which is a real shame for you.

It would be a real pity if you believe the stuff put out by the Discovery group...if you actually take the time to read up on evolution and each of the sciences connected to it, firstly you would feel very foolish for your primative attempts to engage the subject but secondly you will learn how the theory is a theory..maybe even work out what we mean in science when the term theory is used..here is a hint..you could say that theory is synonymous with.. absolute proven fact backed by well reviewed evidence capable of making solid accurate predictions when the theory is applied to expected future outcomes...for the lay man theory could be supplanted with the words established proven facts.it is not just a waffly opinion..you need to understand that or else forever live as a fool..when you understand this you will look at folk who use the word theory as meaning any old opinion as simpletons and ignorant of what they talk about.
    Here you go again stating the obvious ...how can I respect you when you offer such brief efforts to suck up...is brilliant the only word you know..are you not capable of stringing together multiple superlatives that really shows that you appreciate you are in the presence of greatness...try again.
    Alex

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

What about how you treat folks here? The continuous onslaught of fabrications, misrepresentations and intellectual dishonesty from you should warrant apologies, don't ya think? Then, you could start by being honest, maybe brush up on the things you want to discuss rather than feed us propaganda about the things you know nothing about.

Or, do you actually believe you're being persecuted simply because you're a Christian?

Xelasnave.1947 likes this.
  21. Xelasnave.1947 Valued Senior Member

There seems a fundamental difference between the way a theist (as a huge generalisation) and others approach arguement.

The theist seems to have a win at any cost approach with the use of trickery very common....lieing and dishonesty are not out of bounds in the least...whereas I think if you have a respect for science you do have a tendency to be accurate as possible..I throw a lot of stuff around but only stuff I know I can back up if I really need to...I was once in law and it is similar to science in that you don't make a call unless you can also quote a book, page and paragraph.
    Being sneaky is a sure way to lose a case...the trouble is folk who lie think they are smarter than others whereas the opposite is true...yet they never learn this basic.

Seti does not approach things in a scientific or legalistic way..he thinks us being right gives him entitlement to a victory here and there but the only way he can come close is to be basically dishonest.. and as you said he maybe not even realise how he greatly overstep the mark.
    I hope if nothing else he learns what "theory" means...that would be a huge step for him.
    Alex

(Q) likes this.
  22. SetiAlpha6 Come Let Us Reason Together Valued Senior Member

Hey All,

If anyone ever needs some art therapy, like me, this guy’s video series is pretty chill and awesome.

Just for fun, you know what fun is, right?

Peace!

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Lying about facts and evidence in order to preach ones faith on a Science forum?